2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Mugen Suspension Test Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Mugen Suspension Test Fit

King Motorsports Unlimited is looking for a 2009 Honda Fit for Suspension fitment confirmation. If you or someone you know has a 2009 Fit and is willing to bring the vehicle in please contact me by...

AIM = KMSUNLIMITED
E-MAIL = robert@kingmotorsports.com
PHONE = 262-522-7558 Ext. 302

Rob~

Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
someone jump on this!

is this for the 5 way adjustable or sport suspension?

and did mugen design a brand new one for the ge or is this just to see if the prev gen's will fit.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for Mugen suspension. Best suspension for the Fit by far, way better then the cheap T1R's and other coilovers :thumbup:

Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Bump for Mugen suspension. Best suspension for the Fit by far, way better then the cheap T1R's and other coilovers :thumbup:

how sow? and they are hardly cheap...or are you just an elitist? (i mean thats ok, i just want to know if you are biased or not.)

Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure if it is made for the 09' or if it is for the previous year? I was not told...

The Skunk2 Pro C's are also very nice. I have sold several systems with great feedback. One went to a Time Attack Fit in Ireland and he raves about the,.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
how sow? and they are hardly cheap...or are you just an elitist? (i mean thats ok, i just want to know if you are biased or not.)
Well lets see, 2 bolts snap (both spring perches) (torquing to spec ) the one valving knob started to act weird, pretty sure it just stopped changing the damping rate and we just spinning im unsure. The blue metal bases, are just cast iron/alum with absolutely no rust teflon coating or anything on the threads of the body itself. The kit was valved and designed for 10k+ springs for their race/TT car. All they did was sell this plus throw on some softer springs, which makes a WAY over dampened car that hops over every little dip and bump even on full soft.

Oh and the particular kit i was sold, on of the endlinks had the wrong size "end" on it. It was way to big and would not fit threw the sway bar.

I build scca and koni challenge race cars for a living, ive seen a bunch of different setups and also have driven a lot of different cars. The buddyclub coilovers ive Had were dampened great and had CC machined shock mounts with teflon coating over the the whole thing.(Drove threw 2 winters with no rust). Nothing broke, the adjustment range was HUGE. All for a cost less then the B52's.

I was under the same impression that hey they do well in TT, and it pretty expensive, you get what you pay for right? WRONG in this case. Some people love them, but some people also love their cut springs on shot dampers, Just remember this is the internet who know what anyone will say.

That goes for me too, you dont know if im just making up a whole bunch of BS, but hey take it or leave it, just my advice.

SOMEONE jump on this deal Im sure you will be very happy with the Mugen kit!!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Well lets see, 2 bolts snap (both spring perches) (torquing to spec ) the one valving knob started to act weird, pretty sure it just stopped changing the damping rate and we just spinning im unsure. The blue metal bases, are just cast iron/alum with absolutely no rust teflon coating or anything on the threads of the body itself. The kit was valved and designed for 10k+ springs for their race/TT car. All they did was sell this plus throw on some softer springs, which makes a WAY over dampened car that hops over every little dip and bump even on full soft.

Oh and the particular kit i was sold, on of the endlinks had the wrong size "end" on it. It was way to big and would not fit threw the sway bar.

I build scca and koni challenge race cars for a living, ive seen a bunch of different setups and also have driven a lot of different cars. The buddyclub coilovers ive Had were dampened great and had CC machined shock mounts with teflon coating over the the whole thing.(Drove threw 2 winters with no rust). Nothing broke, the adjustment range was HUGE. All for a cost less then the B52's.

I was under the same impression that hey they do well in TT, and it pretty expensive, you get what you pay for right? WRONG in this case. Some people love them, but some people also love their cut springs on shot dampers, Just remember this is the internet who know what anyone will say.

That goes for me too, you dont know if im just making up a whole bunch of BS, but hey take it or leave it, just my advice.

SOMEONE jump on this deal Im sure you will be very happy with the Mugen kit!!

interesting. i don't doubt your experience, but maybe you got a bad set? surely you have seent aht before too no?

Old 01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
interesting. i don't doubt your experience, but maybe you got a bad set? surely you have seent aht before too no?
Ive seen bad bolts before which break easy etc... But this doesnt change the fact that they are overdampened, cast metal, non coated...

Also would you want to chance your 1200 bucks on maybe getting a Iffy set? What does it say about their build quality or quality control, so many things wrong with them, you'd think they'd catch it.

I was also left with a bunch of empty promises to fix the solution.

Sorry to thread jack King!, PM me if youll like to chat more about them

Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Mike so you think the Buddy Club coils is the best sub $1000 kit for the fit?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
I can also vouch for what Mike said. I have the T1R B52's and they're f*cking crap. So overdampened, as the springs are way too soft for the dampening these were meant for. The way they are from our experiences, I really don't think they're worth the money at all.

Last edited by fitboy408; 01-30-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
Hey Mike so you think the Buddy Club coils is the best sub $1000 kit for the fit?
Well i dont think ive seen anyone in the states ever run the buddy club kit, but Ive ridden in many different cars with buddyclub N+ and one Race spec, and they are all really good. So i would assume they are great for the Fit, where did find them to buy them here?

Thanks for backing me up Fitboy, nice to see somene see exactly what i do in them, instead of all the coilover fanboys on this forum

Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
be careful, the buddy club N+ are made in china.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
So are many things, china is a growing country and I dont believe to be any less inferior to US made products, Like i said, Ive had many experiences and one set myself on my old civic, and they were the best "coilover" setup ive driven besides the Koni/GC setup

Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
too bad it dont have koni yellow for the fit, i miss them so much.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:54 AM
As a heads up, I emailed Koni recently and they told me that they indeed ARE working on shocks for the Fit. *Crossing fingers* Mike, ya reading this?! They told me to check back in a few months. I'm just impatient because sometimes I seriously can't wait to change my setup.

I'll also back up Mike on the Buddy Club coilovers. I've ridden in a friend's SCCA Solo II Street Mod RSX-S that was equipped with them... They are truly respectable coilovers. The car transitioned smoothly, absorbed bumps well, and seemed extremely predictable. Search for shock dynos on them, they are actually pretty decent.

NP for backing you up man, I know you know your shit.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
you can find the set online, they're not listed on buddy club's website, but i've contacted buddy club and they said they fit the USDM with no mods necessary. You can get them from evasive, hopup, advancespeedshop, and other online vendors from what i recall.

sorry for the threadjack

Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitboy408
As a heads up, I emailed Koni recently and they told me that they indeed ARE working on shocks for the Fit. *Crossing fingers* Mike, ya reading this?! They told me to check back in a few months. I'm just impatient because sometimes I seriously can't wait to change my setup.

I'll also back up Mike on the Buddy Club coilovers. I've ridden in a friend's SCCA Solo II Street Mod RSX-S that was equipped with them... They are truly respectable coilovers. The car transitioned smoothly, absorbed bumps well, and seemed extremely predictable. Search for shock dynos on them, they are actually pretty decent.

Sick PM'dddddd(10 chars)

Old 08-09-2009, 02:14 AM
So, does the mugen suspension setup fit on the 2009?

Old 09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by fitboy408

interesting...

Quick Reply: Mugen Suspension Test Fit