2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

The GE FiT Swift Springs thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
Adele's cousin is a sexy bitch too.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Wily

Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
so how does the ride compare to stock? i want them mostly for looks and a slightly firmer ride, close to stock as possible. should i be lookign else where?

i dont want to go overboard and be bouncing around or uncomfortable as a daily driver. i had coilovers on my wrx and that was a nightmare after awhile, especially when braking on rough surfaces with the ABS.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I would say exactly what you described is what the Swifts are...firmer than stock but a close to stock ride and feel.

I use mine as a daily and it is not bouncy in any way...my family doesn't even complain about the ride at all.

I think you will be happy with the Swifts.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
awesome, i will keep up the research. i just got the fit this week and should probably wait a bit before messing with it.

i want mine to look similar to yours, except mine is a base.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
The lady told you right....It sounds you want the same things out of a set of springs that I also wanted and got when I put Swift Mach springs on my car

Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 AM
did you get the car aligned after you installed the springs? any concerns worth getting a camber kit over?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't have my alignment checked but there appears to be need for toe in adjustment since a little bit of wear is apparent on the inside tread of the front tires... The tires were wearing the same way before I put the springs on so there probably was little change if any.... Amanda said she needed a camber adjustment on hers after changing the springs but I don't know that she didn't need the adjustment before since one side was off more than the other..... In just rotate my tires on a regular basis and don't sweat it.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I didn't have my alignment checked but there appears to be need for toe in adjustment since a little bit of wear is apparent on the inside tread of the front tires... The tires were wearing the same way before I put the springs on so there probably was little change if any.... Amanda said she needed a camber adjustment on hers after changing the springs but I don't know that she didn't need the adjustment before since one side was off more than the other..... In just rotate my tires on a regular basis and don't sweat it.
I did not have my alignment checked either. It seems to be driving straight and no sign of wear. I think those "Lady" drivers tend to drive through rather than around potholes thus needing alignment.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I did not have my alignment checked either. It seems to be driving straight and no sign of wear. I think those "Lady" drivers tend to drive through rather than around potholes thus needing alignment.
Gosh, I don't know if she drives like that or not but I do remember something about her driving out of her way to avoid driving on a bad road.... Every one in my last ex wife's family drove like idiots and were always tearing up expensive cars and getting into wrecks.... She has totaled out two Cadillacs in the last few years.... My auto insurance premiums were half what they had been after I cut loose from her and right now they are cheaper than they were in 1979 and that is with full coverage on 2 cars and liability on a pickup.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I drive 5 min out of my way to work and 5 min out of the way home in order to avoid a pot-hole ridden road.

Thankyaverymuch!

Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...read-pics.html

Here's a review I made.
But the main reason why I looked into these guys is because when it comes to performance there isn't a better brand out there. I talked to the Swift reps and the process they do to come out with springs is rediculous. Most other manufacturers get the stock rates and then blindly increase the rates and then lower it.

When Swift does it they take a look at the chassis as a whole and then dyno the shocks and check the useable stroke of the shock. Then they make several different spring rates and has their professional JGTC driver test of the vehicles.
Swift Springs USA
If you look at that page you will see the 4th video in there is the physical test they do when creating all of their springs. This is one of the main reason why they have such a small application list for their lowering springs.
I laughed with the rep over there about how it's kind of funny how they would even do this kind of testing with the Fit (which we can all agree isn't as performance oriented as other cars out their) but he told me that their are a few tuners in Japan that races the FIT. And they worked in conjunction with them to create lowering springs.

Anyways I made this decision not because of the drop but because the R&D behind them is top notch. The material they used is also completely different from the Silicone steel that all other manufacturers use.

As for the ride it's everything I expected and more. No bottoming out and not bouncing. The body roll is reduced and the ride is extremely smooth.

ANyways here is a link I found in my research of Swift springs. Now I understand that they arent lowering springs, but then it showed me the quality in design and materials.
How to Finally Get Performance Out of Your KW Coilovers - E46Fanatics
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...gs-dynoed.html

Old 08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Destructo
When Swift does it they take a look at the chassis as a whole and then dyno the shocks and check the useable stroke of the shock. Then they make several different spring rates and has their professional JGTC driver test of the vehicles.
Swift Springs USA
If you look at that page you will see the 4th video in there is the physical test they do when creating all of their springs. This is one of the main reason why they have such a small application list for their lowering springs.
I laughed with the rep over there about how it's kind of funny how they would even do this kind of testing with the Fit (which we can all agree isn't as performance oriented as other cars out their) but he told me that their are a few tuners in Japan that races the FIT. And they worked in conjunction with them to create lowering springs.

Anyways I made this decision not because of the drop but because the R&D behind them is top notch. The material they used is also completely different from the Silicone steel that all other manufacturers use.

As for the ride it's everything I expected and more. No bottoming out and not bouncing. The body roll is reduced and the ride is extremely smooth.

ANyways here is a link I found in my research of Swift springs. Now I understand that they arent lowering springs, but then it showed me the quality in design and materials.
How to Finally Get Performance Out of Your KW Coilovers - E46Fanatics
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...gs-dynoed.html
Great info! I've been planning on putting Swifts on my ride eventually, but now I am more excited to.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi,

By any chance does anyone have the spring rates for the Swift GE springs?

Thanks,
John

Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 PM
question for swift owners:
- do swift springs reduce the amount that the car gets blown around by wind? i've owned other lowered cars and once lowered always seemed to be more resilient to wind, but wondered if it would be the same on the fit
- do swift springs reduce the amount that the car 'tracks' left and right at freeway speeds? meaning slightly traveling left, slightly traveling right etc?

i will be ordering and installing mine soon enough but want to make sure my expectations are in the right place.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have found my GD3 to be much more stable at high speeds, there is less under steer, less body roll in the rear and neutral handling on turns and curves. I think that I have made a functional improvement in my car by installing Swift Sport Mach springs on it.... I don't think I have ever had a problem when it has been windy.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:16 PM
From Swift:
"the spring rates are 2.3kg in the front and 2.1 in the rear.

It may seem soft but Honda decided to change up the suspension setup with the new Fit apparently people were complaining that the older model fit was a little too stiff for what the vehicle is used for, so they softened up the suspension a lot. Now we had these shocks dyno tested and we found that we cannot go much stiffer than what we have come up with without an excess increased amount of premature wear. Honda has detuned the shocks a lot for this vehicle and this is the best setup we have come up with thus far. The springs we have come up with works at the stock shocks optimum levels. "

Yhe rates above are for the Swift springs. Additional info from Swift is that the OEM GE Fit springs are approx. 2.0 front and 1.8 rear contrary to info I've seen from other sources. Does anyone have any more info?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by Racebrewer; 09-03-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: More info
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 AM
ordering mine after pay day!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Confused.

The Swift site doesn't have a part # for the GE8 (It just TBA in the part # column). Is the same spring Swift makes for the GD3 used on the GE8 now?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ck42
Confused.

The Swift site doesn't have a part # for the GE8 (It just TBA in the part # column). Is the same spring Swift makes for the GD3 used on the GE8 now?
They are different springs.. Check out Racebrewer's post, it is the 2nd one before yours.

Quick Reply: The GE FiT Swift Springs thread