2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

T1R springs installed...problems doing an alignment. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 PM
T1R springs installed...problems doing an alignment. Help please.

Hello all. I have a somewhat serious problem.

I installed T1R S-coils last night and went to go get an alignment today. The tech told me that it could not be aligned due to the suspension being modified. He said nothing could be adjusted.

I've been in the Honda game for quite sometime and know that civics etc. can be aligned after dropping. Is the tech just imcompetent or is he right?

If any of you have installed T1R S-coils or any other lowering springs for that matter and were able to get an alignment let me know. I really need to nip this in the butt since I drive 80 miles per day to work and don't want to chew through tires.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Front toe is the only thing on this car that's adjustable.

I'm assuming he did what he could, but your camber is most likely out of spec (which isn't a big deal), as well as your rear toe (which can be bad, depending on how out it is).

Old 06-26-2010, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
You can also get front camber bolts if you need them!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
front camber shouldn't be out of spec with lowering springs. there is a little bit of play with the stock camber bolts so there is a little bit of adjustment available anyway. front toe is adjustable and they should be able to get it within spec without any problems. rear is not adjustable and the toe should be out of spec but it will not be a problem and will not cause any abnormal tire wear.

when the tech told you they couldn't work on your alignment, might he have meant that his company would not allow them to, since your suspension is modified?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MiniMiniVan
Hello all. I have a somewhat serious problem.

I installed T1R S-coils last night and went to go get an alignment today. The tech told me that it could not be aligned due to the suspension being modified. He said nothing could be adjusted.
That my good sir is what you call an idiot. Toe is the one thing you want to correct. Toe is what burns your tires out.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by MugenAP2
That my good sir is what you call an idiot. Toe is the one thing you want to correct. Toe is what burns your tires out.
I thought the same thing. So, I'm going to hit another alignment shop this weekend and see what they can do for me. Just to verify, only front toe can be adjusted back to 0 and not the rear, correct?

Thanks for all the replies.