2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

GE8 Front Brake Pad Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
GE8 Front Brake Pad Compatibility

I've been trying to do some research on the GE8 front brake pads and wondered which models are compatible with the GE8. I think the GD3 front brake pads are interchangeable, but I am not certain. I just wanted to make sure before I order some new front brake pads. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. I am getting all kinds of information all over the interweb.
I have found on some brake pad manufacturers websites that the GE8 Fits and 2011 CR-Z uses the same front brake pads:

From Beck Arnley website:

I then found this info at RockAuto regarding brake pads.

Next 2 are same pad:

When you start to look at all the backward compatibility it looks like 80% of the Honda over the past 20 years use the same front brake pads.

I hope that the RockAuto data is correct. I like the site and order a lot from them for my cars and have not had any issues.

There is no real comparability grid based on brake pads OEM or Aftermarket that encompasses all the cars out there ( at least that I could find). There has to be a large degree of interchangeability among the different platforms from the same car manufacturer or they would have one hell of a parts database if each platform had unique parts.

If anyone else can validate some of the findings I have produce please feel free because it gives me a headache when according to some brake pad manufactures on a pad being compatible between 2 cars, the OEM part numbers are different so no way of matching them up.

Hope this helps. I will still do some digging

Clay

Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Well I know the rotors from any 90-93 Integra will fit the GE8 so you might want to look into the pads as well.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
I'm supposed to change the pads & rotors on my gfs fit this Sunday, so I will test my old 05 civic pads in the fit calipers. The rotors from the 92-00 EX & 01-05 civics will fit the ge8 though

Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bmxman
Well I know the rotors from any 90-93 Integra will fit the GE8 so you might want to look into the pads as well.
Originally Posted by metalviper
I'm supposed to change the pads & rotors on my gfs fit this Sunday, so I will test my old 05 civic pads in the fit calipers. The rotors from the 92-00 EX & 01-05 civics will fit the ge8 though
I already know that Civic and Integra rotors fit. I'm currently using DBA 4000 Series rotors from a 3rd Gen Integra. I just need confirmation on what pads are interchangeable.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
So I finally got around to changing the pads & rotors in the GE. The 05 civic pads are too large to fit int eh GE8 caliper. They aren't that far off, & you can easily grind down the support plate & make them fit. But Ive seen new pads popping up like EBC, so theres really no need to.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by metalviper
So I finally got around to changing the pads & rotors in the GE. The 05 civic pads are too large to fit int eh GE8 caliper. They aren't that far off, & you can easily grind down the support plate & make them fit. But Ive seen new pads popping up like EBC, so theres really no need to.
Thanks for getting back to us about the results.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
2nd gen FIT uses the same pads as the 1st gen.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rake-pads.html

Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kkim

Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kkim

Honda specifies different pads for the 1G and 2G Fit. If you go to the dealer, there are different part numbers for the front pads of a 1G and 2G Fit.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
No they aren't the same, rotors may interchange, but calipers are different. EBC lists FMSI # D1394 for the 2009- Fit and 2011 CR-Z fronts. That is different from the FMSI # D621 listed for the early Fit, non-S RSX Acura and several other Honda products. Are they close enough to grind/hammer to fit? I dont know and dont care. I wont modify parts like that when the correct one is available.

EBC lists three part numbers for the front pads
UD1394 Ultimax OEM Replacement
DP22041 Greenstuff 2000 Series (I liked these on my BMW 325i for street use.)
DP32041C Redstuff Ceramic (found in one EBC listing for CR-Z, but no one carries it, yet?)

The Hawk HPS listing by some on-line retailers is wrong, HB418F.646, which is really a D621 pad. Has anyone has used this one without modification?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nikita
No they aren't the same, rotors may interchange, but calipers are different. EBC lists FMSI # D1394 for the 2009- Fit and 2011 CR-Z fronts. That is different from the FMSI # D621 listed for the early Fit, non-S RSX Acura and several other Honda products. Are they close enough to grind/hammer to fit? I dont know and dont care. I wont modify parts like that when the correct one is available.

EBC lists three part numbers for the front pads
UD1394 Ultimax OEM Replacement
DP22041 Greenstuff 2000 Series (I liked these on my BMW 325i for street use.)
DP32041C Redstuff Ceramic (found in one EBC listing for CR-Z, but no one carries it, yet?)

The Hawk HPS listing by some on-line retailers is wrong, HB418F.646, which is really a D621 pad. Has anyone has used this one without modification?
I had the Hawk HPS pads on my GE8 before, but I forgot the part #. I didn't have to make any modifications. But now it seems that Hawk doesn't carry them anymore. Weird...

Old 07-15-2011, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I had the Hawk HPS pads on my GE8 before, but I forgot the part #. I didn't have to make any modifications. But now it seems that Hawk doesn't carry them anymore. Weird...
Can you try and get the part number?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
GD Fit pads work on GE calipers. I've almost gone thru my set of Hawk HP+ with no problems whatsoever (noises, uneven wear). I daily commute and autox on the weekends.

And don't worry about the difference in honda part #s between the 2 generations, small differences like pad compound or the spring pin holes will cause a p/n change. The Hawk pads for the GD don't have the holes for the spring clip on the GE pads, but i'm not using the spring clip.

Nobody listens tho so i'm waiting for a someone to contradict.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I just put a pair of Hawk HPS on my 2011 GE8, not using the spring clip thingy and all is well. No issues. I also put on some EBC slot/dimple rotors too!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM
GD Fit pads work on GE calipers. I've almost gone thru my set of Hawk HP+ with no problems whatsoever (noises, uneven wear). I daily commute and autox on the weekends.

And don't worry about the difference in honda part #s between the 2 generations, small differences like pad compound or the spring pin holes will cause a p/n change. The Hawk pads for the GD don't have the holes for the spring clip on the GE pads, but i'm not using the spring clip.

Nobody listens tho so i'm waiting for a someone to contradict.
Thanks for the confirmation! Again lol

Old 09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
very helpful thread guys!

took my 11 fit out to the lake this weekend and noticed that the stock brakes are absolutely rubbish. i seriously have to mash on them to get them to slow down enough for me to make a decent turn. by no means was i driving spiritly , but the road was twisty and had many turns that the brakes were not sufficient enough. i would have to step on the brakes pretty hard to stop on time, even then i was not slowing down fast enough resulting in a jerky fast turn. i used to take my 96 beat to crap accord to this lake 2-3 times a week for fishing and its brakes made the newer 2011 fit brakes feel like the worst braking system ever.

time to upgrade. i am sure a set of hawk pads would do just fine. are there any other suggestions? while i am at it, i may just consider replacing the rotors as well.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bunz559
very helpful thread guys!

time to upgrade. i am sure a set of hawk pads would do just fine. are there any other suggestions? while i am at it, i may just consider replacing the rotors as well.
If you're upgrading to Hawk pads, might as well upgrade the rotors too - slotted ones.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
If you're upgrading to Hawk pads, might as well upgrade the rotors too - slotted ones.
yes sir!

i read the thread of doing using the integra calipers and upgrading to larger brakes but considering the price and the use of this vehicle, i dont think imma need much larger brakes. i just need something better than stock. im most likely going to order the powerslot rotors and hawk hp plus pads.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Well as im reading this thread. i am glad that i did. but the funny thing is that i have an 09 sport and i have yet to change the brake pads or the rotors. The car stops fine and all. depending on the road Im on, the steering wheel shakes when i brake. you would think i need rotors after that but thats only on certain roads.. well anyway im at 56k on my fit and haven't change it.. is that weird? granted i do like to downshift most of the time but i definitely use the brakes. last time i checked, the pads seemed low enough and the rotors, um seemed like it had the usual wear but not sure if i will be throwing my money away if i buy drilled and slotted (even though i probably am anyway) . but anywho, did it take anyone this long to change the brakes? or have i waited to long? i think its time to upgrade.

Quick Reply: GE8 Front Brake Pad Compatibility