2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Honda fit 09 Hitch sagging help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Question Honda fit 09 Hitch sagging help please

ok hi thanks

Last edited by Luke92115; 02-17-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Leave one or two kids home with their bikes or the wife.

Sounds like you are just plain overloading it.

Leaf Springs? We have coils in the rear. Some coil inserts may help some but with the load you are trying to carry it sounds dangerous.

You do not Fit

Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Leave one or two kids home with their bikes or the wife.

Sounds like you are just plain overloading it.

Leaf Springs? We have coils in the rear. Some coil inserts may help some but with the load you are trying to carry it sounds dangerous.

You do not Fit
Sounds like you do not know much about cars, look up Leaf Springs, dumb ass. Only respond when you actually know something. I was real help from real Honda Fit Owners not little boys who have a Honda Civic wishing for a fit.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Luke92115
Sounds like you do not know much about cars, look up Leaf Springs, dumb ass. Only respond when you actually know something. I was real help from real Honda Fit Owners not little boys who have a Honda Civic wishing for a fit.
Please please help me. I cannot find leaf springs in my Fit. Because dumb azz they have coils front and rear or at least mine did when I put my Swifts in.

Sorry but I have never even sat in a Civic.

You are just expecting too much of the Fit. You need a bigger vehicle or tell the wife to walk.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Wow. F*ck off.

Telling someone they don't know much about cars and you don't even know what sort of suspension the car you are bitching about has? That is weapons grade stupid.

You are way overloading the Fit. So maybe if you think real hard and shove some of those leaf springs up your ass, you'll figure out what he was trying to tell you. If nothing else at least you will never forget the difference between leaf springs and coils afterwards.

And why would a Civic owner wish they had a Fit.. the Civic is more expensive to begin with.

Edit I had a nice post with some links to what others have done to increase load capacity, but now you can go figure it out on your own.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-17-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry... but what the heck is YOUR definition of "Leaf Springs"? Cause last I checked, it was VERY SPECIFIC to using varying strips of metal in the shape of a very stretched out 'U'.

Now, go look under YOUR Fit and see if you can find that. If you do, you don't have a Fit.

If your intention is to ADD leaf springs to a car that doesn't use it... well, good luck with that.

As for the rest... that's just bad behavior.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Yes you are overloading the rack on your Fit! I have a hitch and platform rack on my car-the Fit is meant to handle maximum of two bikes on the rack.
I drove across country (4500 miles) with a mountain bike on back, part of the trip I also carried another bike--no problems with 2 adult bikes.

Not sure if you could carry more bikes on a roof rack --you'll need to carry the other bike or bikes inside the car.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Yes you are overloading the rack on your Fit! I have a hitch and platform rack on my car-the Fit is meant to handle maximum of two bikes on the rack.
I drove across country (4500 miles) with a mountain bike on back, part of the trip I also carried another bike--no problems with 2 adult bikes.

Not sure if you could carry more bikes on a roof rack --you'll need to carry the other bike or bikes inside the car.

This is one adult bike and 3 little kids bikes. I have ideas how to fix it.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Look into Firestone model 4183 (Firestone Industrial Products Company) or Air-Lift air bags for the rear springs. They seem really weak on the Fit. Even a few heavy bags cause the rear end to sag.

I've had an Air-Lift kit in the Buick's rear springs for ~9 months now. They are fantastic for keeping the car level while hauling lots of stuff in the trunk every day.

They're not a recipe for over-loading the car. They do help with keeping ride and handling appropriate while hauling loads near total capacity.

Please let me know where we find leaf springs. I've been all under our Fit and been unable to locate them. Just these darned saggy coil springs.

Last edited by jadr09fit; 02-17-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jadr09fit
Look into Firestone model 4183 (Firestone Industrial Products Company) or Air-Lift air bags for the rear springs. They seem really weak on the Fit. Even a few heavy bags cause the rear end to sag.

I've had an Air-Lift kit in the Buick's rear springs for ~9 months now. They are fantastic for keeping the car level while hauling lots of stuff in the trunk every day.

They're not a recipe for over-loading the car. They do help with keeping ride and handling appropriate while hauling loads near total capacity.

Thanks for the info