2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Progress Technology - RSB - which springs work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Progress Technology - RSB - which springs work?

So I've read some where on here that the Progress RSB doesn't work entirely too well with certain springs. There seems to be a fitment issue that causes some clunking noise when this bar is installed with certain springs due to the clearance of the bolts... ?

Can any one confirm which springs DO work well? I may end up buying the progress springs with the bar, but I would like a slightly lower stance than what the progress offers.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
just ordered this rsb. How about using botton-head bolts?

I noticed from their install PDF file that button head bolts would probably clear better.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
just ordered this rsb. How about using botton-head bolts?

I noticed from their install PDF file that button head bolts would probably clear better.
So I installed this BAR, and it shipped with button-head bolts .

I must say though, I can't really discern the difference before/after adding this bar, as I suspect the rear beam on the sport didn't have much flex in it.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
So I installed this BAR, and it shipped with button-head bolts .

I must say though, I can't really discern the difference before/after adding this bar, as I suspect the rear beam on the sport didn't have much flex in it.
Well, the Sport does have an RSB in the beam (albeit smaller than most aftermarket RSBs)... So it could be that the additional RSB is marginal increase in stiffness... that only the hardcore would notice.

I'm sure you would definitely notice if you had the Base trim.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
On my Fit Sport, I noticed a difference immediately with my Progress RSB. The rear rotates much better than before.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I can tell you it does change the handling at the outer limits of the car's performance. I installed my Progress rsb in April, between afternoon sessions on Sunday at Mid-Ohio. I figured that even if there was only a minor change in the handling, I would be able to feel it quite noticably because after 3 days on the track I was very much "in tune" with my car.

Here's what I wrote on these forums:

"...It was awesome. The car started ripping around tight corners that had been giving me some trouble.

Without the rsb, the car sort of digs in a little - which feels wonderful but isn't as fast. With the rsb installed, it feels more like the car is sitting up and attacking the corner.

The basic ride characteristics are essentially the same. It's only when I'm really driving it in track conditions that I can feel a difference."

Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the replies guys

I've got the RSB on order along with a set of Swift springs. A close friend is now working for Bridgestone, so he is giving me a great price on some 205/50 Potenza RE760 Sports. Really looking forward to upgrading the running gear! Decided to keep my OEM sport wheels and spread my budget out over a mild brake upgrade (don't like the mushy pedal feel of the factory system) and a few other odds and ends.

I'll post up a proper intro/build thread when my parts come in. Thanks again!