Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Solid motor mount review (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/65963-solid-motor-mount-review.html)

xcelir8fit 07-23-2011 08:04 PM

subscribed.

ekonetics 07-27-2011 01:10 AM

I had a prototype installed earlier tonight and I love it. I feel a little bit of vibration but its not very noticeable. The car feels much nicer now with no wheel hop and better engine response. My car is an automatic and its a dramatic difference that I have felt over stock. The mount itself is stiff but very much bearable when driving since I have a newborn that I drive around in the Fit. It was a concern of mine when getting the motor mount installed but a little vibration is worth it.

I will have to post more after I get the chance to drive my car some more but I wanted to give my initial impressions.

angryfit 07-27-2011 01:49 AM

got mine installed too and no issues, much better response than the first one and much more stable, not as much vibration, feels great and is strong. final mount is done so orders should start soon. very easy install too:)

angryfit 07-27-2011 01:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ohh and manual and automatics have the different motor mounts, no cost difference though. thanks Eric! one more guy is going to get one installed and write a review, possible thursday we'll have another update

my bad i forgot to give new specs too pictures below, heim joint has been used to reduce vibration, makes for easier install too, and will allow you to make adjustments depending on how you want to adjust it

Attachment 33740

Attachment 33741

Attachment 33742

angryfit 07-29-2011 01:53 AM

hey guys just hit me up for the shops number- ill be passing this off to them for any questions or purchase info:) let them know mike sent ya

j1nNju1c3 07-29-2011 07:41 AM

how about a gb? :popc:

angryfit 07-29-2011 08:53 AM

Pricing that I have is gb pricing and free shipping. Otherwise I think he will list them on the website for more. Also looking into the gd market for a solid motor mount. Can someone pm me and answer some quick questions

hayden 07-29-2011 10:21 AM

Bravo! Thanks for bringing these to market!

FitATtack 07-29-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by angryfit (Post 1017691)
hey guys just hit me up for the shops number- ill be passing this off to them for any questions or purchase info:) let them know mike sent ya

Pm'd ya :vtec:

ekonetics 07-30-2011 01:44 PM

So I've had the motor mount installed for a few days now and I feel like I can give a better impression of the product. My usual commute is city driving with traffic to and from work so it wouldn't have been adequate to give my opinion.

I got around to rotating my tires this morning and took the Fit around on a drive through some curves near by. It feels much nicer than stock as I am able to accelerate out of the apex with ease compared to before. I used to get some wheel hop with my Azeni's RT615, but that is non-existent now. The wheel hop was annoying when trying to enter on coming traffic from a stop. I used to run a throttle controller but I took it off to take my Fit into the dealership for the lost motion spring recall. I would say that this is a much better mod in my opinion than the throttle controller was. I think with the both of them it would be a very fun car to drive around, especially in tight corners.

I would highly recommend the solid motor mount for daily driving as it has improved the excitement of the commute. I don't get any pedal vibration but I do hear the vibrations from the windshield and some sunglasses in the door pocket. The motor mount is also adjustable which I have not tested since I am satisfied with the setting currently.

Hopefully people will jump on the opportunity, as the shop will be willing to bring more custom parts to market.

angryfit 07-30-2011 02:13 PM

Thanks man awesome review. Wrote it better than I can:) and he's right. The more people here are interested we can get custom parts for great prices

Jim2bFit 07-30-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by angryfit (Post 1014194)
hey guys, were installing another two in two days- they will have new reviews out in a couple days. are people still interested

Still interested. :D

Texas Coyote 07-30-2011 04:06 PM

I remember posting a long time ago about the stock mounts winding up and creating the wheel hop situation... For anyone that likes having sticky tires on their cars the mounts will cure the wheel hop from a dead stop thing.. I am surprised that Ekonetics has found that they also cancel out the hop in a turn as well... He is someone whose post I don't question so one more plus for solid mounts... I can't upgrade my flywheel and clutch or put bigger better rubber on my car without replacing the OEM mounts... They aren't capable of controlling the movement of a stock engine on a perfectly stock Fit Sport with the heavy OEM wheels and tires. When you are in a situation where you have to get the revs up before engaging the clutch or have to put the throttle pedal to the floor to make a left turn in 1st gear the right front wheel bounces so furiously it sounds and feels like you have trashed a CV joint or worse... I'm staying tuned in for some info on the availability and price.

FitATtack 07-30-2011 05:56 PM

I placed an order for one yesterday! Thanks to angryfit for the info/hookup. :wavey: Can't wait till it gets here. Also just picked up a D1 t/c and T1R ss from AJ racing today, thanks to Jay and Ben.:D I think this is going to be a sweet combo for shift quality.:vtec:

angryfit 07-30-2011 06:40 PM

we will be coming up with an idea for the gd very soon, and fit attack thanks for your purchase, with everyone that buys it brings us closer to a turbo kit for the fit:)

xcelir8fit 07-31-2011 08:54 PM

How much for a GE8 for my 2011 AT?

I'm VERY INTERESTED.

Thanks!

j1nNju1c3 07-31-2011 09:17 PM

Wondering as to how this will make the A/T Fit's any better :)

xcelir8fit 07-31-2011 09:19 PM

Sarcasm (should be turned off). See my Signature to see how I made my AT fit better. And truly and seriously it now is.

j1nNju1c3 07-31-2011 09:27 PM

Your post above mine confuses me...why are you inquiring as to how much it is if you already have it? And where in your sig does it say it made your car better? I clicked the link but all I saw was a mod list and pics. o.0 am I missing anything?

And I wasn't being sarcastic in my post. Merely wondering how this positively affects AT Fits because all the reviews I've seen and will assume are from M/T Fits.

Not trying to start anything but I do want to know the answer to my question

ekonetics 07-31-2011 10:11 PM

My review i posted was for the automatic.