Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   After major drop, positive camber. WTF? Pics Inside. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/66845-after-major-drop-positive-camber-wtf-pics-inside.html)

SickFit 08-15-2011 09:48 AM

After major drop, positive camber. WTF? Pics Inside.

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I love my Fit and I especially love my drop.

BEFORE ANYTHING
All your help, knowledge, and insight on this is definitely appreciated. So thank you in advance.

Suspension
Buddy Club N+ Coilovers

Question
Has anyone here, preferably with a GE8, ever experienced positive camber when dropping their car?

Fact?
Normally when lowering a vehicle, a negative camber occurs. Notice my question mark on Fact. LOL. But I have read on lowering vehicles and the effect on tire positioning when lowering, messes the toe alignment and the camber alignment in a negative position.

In My Case
A positive camber occured. Not to a crazy degree visibly, but its still positive.

Solution?
Camber bolts must be the solution. If so, which ones? Please dont ask me to search it as I already did and members are all over the place as to which to go with. I have seen everything from using GD3 camber bolts to using Si camber bolts. Has anyone actually tested, with proven results, any camber bolts for their GE8?

Answers to your Possible Questions
1)Have you gotten your alignment after your drop and in what time frame? Yes, after putting 100-200 miles on the new setup.

2)How low did you go on your new setup?
2-2.5 inches in the front. 2.5-3 inches in the rear.

3)Is that a Toe alignment issue I notice on the picture you provided below?
No. That is my steering wheel turned oh so slightly to the left when I left the car in park. :)

4)How did you go that low?
PM me. :)

5)Can you go lower?
In the front, yes. About another inch. In the rear, no.

6) <BLANK>
Left blank for future questions. LOL.

Pictures
You probably cannot see the positive camber from the pics, but some of you maybe interested to know as to why my wheels are so straight with such an aggresive drop.

Attachment 33155
Attachment 33156

neveronlinefit 08-15-2011 05:47 PM

SPC makes camber bolts for the front of our cars. Can't do nothing for rear.

Bthasht 08-15-2011 06:02 PM

Camber bolts will fix. Might need two sets in front. Rear has to be shimmed. Why you have positive? Maybe due to the fact fit has negative from factory. Maybe coils corrected that? Sounds wierd, but thats all I can come up with.

Off that drop is super sexy.

neveronlinefit 08-15-2011 06:39 PM

2 sets? It should be 1 bolt per side and SPC lists them as both being included. Also you can not whom the GE8. To change rear alignment you would need to modify the axle... cutting and welding along with big $$$

neveronlinefit 08-15-2011 06:41 PM

Sorry whom should be weld... my phone changed the text :(

Bthasht 08-15-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by neveronlinefit (Post 1023360)
2 sets? It should be 1 bolt per side and SPC lists them as both being included. Also you can not whom the GE8. To change rear alignment you would need to modify the axle... cutting and welding along with big $$$

I do belive you are correct on the ge rear. It is not like our gd. However for the front yes two sets. Replace both bolts with spc (or other) to achieve maximum negative camber. One set of bolts will give you so called -1.75degrees. However on the rack will only give you about -1. So do both bolts to achieve -2. Stock is -.8 i belive, so if your positve camber. You need both to get -1 or more. Google for the back, I cant help there.

Also if you use SPC bolts they recomend replacing them for each alignment. One alignment per set.

SickFit 08-15-2011 09:48 PM

Thanks for your input guys. I have no issues with the rear. They're slightly negative and I'm happy with that. It's the fronts I was worried about. I'm going to purchase the spc bolts.

MOTOMATT 08-17-2011 06:24 PM

Who sells the spc bolts?

Racebrewer 08-22-2011 10:58 PM

Try Amazon?

jdmjunkie561 08-22-2011 11:08 PM

I know assaultech.com sells them! I got mine from there and they give forum discount !

SickFit 08-23-2011 07:21 AM

ebay.com = alot cheaper

MOTOMATT 08-23-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Racebrewer (Post 1025597)
Try Amazon?

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561 (Post 1025603)
I know assaultech.com sells them! I got mine from there and they give forum discount !

Originally Posted by SickFit (Post 1025695)
ebay.com = alot cheaper

Thanks for replies :)

MOTOMATT 08-23-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by SickFit (Post 1023151)
Hey guys,

I love my Fit and I especially love my drop.

How is the ride at that height ?

hayden 08-23-2011 10:40 AM

Sorry, but this is impossible with the GE, or any other suspension design unless your coilovers have adjustable camber correction. I don't know how you could install them wrong for this to happen either. :confused:

swflej1 08-24-2011 07:38 PM

1st off the car looks great. But here are some more question.

Who did the install?
could something be installed wrong?
was it that way before the alignment?

Good Luck!

SickFit 08-24-2011 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by MOTOMATT (Post 1025735)
How is the ride at that height ?

Awesome. I have the Adjustability in the front set at 8 which is about the middle and the rears set at 13 in the soft side. Rides great.

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 1025740)
Sorry, but this is impossible with the GE, or any other suspension design unless your coilovers have adjustable camber correction. I don't know how you could install them wrong for this to happen either. :confused:

I understand why you would be confused too lol. But there is no camber correction on any of the coilover kits offered for the GE8. But what i do know for a fact is that i installed the suspension correctly. I am very familiar with coilover setups and installs on many applications. Fortunately, those other applications had camber adjustment from the camber plate. Unfortunately, the GE8 dont allow them on the coilovers themselves. Camber bolts will be necessary, which just arrived and I will be installing soon.

Originally Posted by swflej1 (Post 1026338)
1st off the car looks great. But here are some more question.

Who did the install?
could something be installed wrong?
was it that way before the alignment?

Good Luck!

Thanks!

And as for your questions, I did the install and nothing was installed wrong. The install was easy and very straight forward. The car did not have positive camber before installing the coilovers.

In response to everyone, I will be installing the camber bolts very soon and will keep everyone posted incase you guys come across this issue yourselves in the future. I will try to do a How To: with the bolts on the Fit.

drumsauce 08-25-2011 12:21 AM

It is unclear how you know you have positive camber, because it looks similar to other lowered fits...
Do you have the spec sheet from the alignment shop that shows the positive camber, or are you just going off of how it looks?

Also, you can get honda camber bolts for the civic that work as well on the fit.

doctordoom 08-25-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by drumsauce (Post 1026470)
It is unclear how you know you have positive camber, because it looks similar to other lowered fits...
Do you have the spec sheet from the alignment shop that shows the positive camber, or are you just going off of how it looks?

^ good question

CharlotteGE8Alex 12-27-2011 07:30 PM

my buddy club coilovers make my front go out of aligment like once every 3 monthes

MNfit 12-28-2011 02:24 AM

IDk what year or model VW it is but there are once out there that will get positive camber when there lowered, but for the msot part when you lower a car it gets negative camber