2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

I decided on Swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM
I decided on Swift springs

Well after going back and forth racking my brain on what to do,

I decided to go with Swift springs and Progress RSB.I ordered both yesterday and can't wait to get them for install.

I considered coilovers and they were in my budget but I just felt I did not need them for my DD.

I researched all my options with lowering springs and the Swifts came out on top so that's what I went with.

I'm going to upgrade my tires also but still have not decided on a summer tire.

I'm leaning toward the Star spec or Continental DW in 205/50/16

Man I can't wait to hit my favorite canyon roads once I have my springs and RSB along with sticky tires

Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Terrible....... not the springs or rsb but deciding against coilovers. Its my daily is the worst reason not to go full coil over ever. Seems if you drive it every day you'd want the best you can get?? It'll be an improvement you definatly notice. Should be fun

Old 06-24-2012, 07:54 PM
I guess if I was a young buck and wanting to go as low as possible,

coils would be in order lol but I'm a older cat that's been through all this stuff before and at 48 I know exactly what I need for my little Fit.

I see so many people getting coilovers and then turning around and selling them after a short time.I hope Koni continues with the developement of a damper for the GE

because I might want to add those later down the line.I have fun in the canyons even with the stock suspension so I'm sure I'll be happy with my new mods

well off to shop for tires!!!!

Last edited by zilla8; 06-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Good choice and great R&D behind the spring. Perfect choice for stock struts. Enjoy them.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
you will love those Swifts. I fell in love with them twice... first was after it settled and the second time was when I installed my Bride brixII. Honestly... I would love to see more and more coilover manufacturer to build around the Swift springs or offer them as options.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 PM
My Swifts and Progress rsb should arrive tomorrow woot woot!!!

I'm looking forward to hitting the canyons with this set up.

I'm shopping for tires and I can't decide if I want to go 205/50 or 195/50 on stock 2012 sport rims

I know most go with 205 but I may just try 195's and save a little weight and increase gear ratio

thanks to all that posted info and reviews on the Swifts it made my decision easy

I'm with ya on that Evil Swifts would be a great option on just about any coilover.I see Fortune auto have the upgrade option.

Last edited by zilla8; 06-28-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
you will love those Swifts. I fell in love with them twice... first was after it settled and the second time was when I installed my Bride brixII. Honestly... I would love to see more and more coilover manufacturer to build around the Swift springs or offer them as options.
So they DO settle a little bit?

Just got them on. Good so far. Ride comfort is amazing. I've always upgraded to super stiff springs on my other rides and had no idea the milder ones were so livable day to day. I can already tell that new dampers would make them really perform well. Still a little disconnected feeling, especially with the Continental DWs, which lessened steering response. Lift off rotation is now better. Still thinking about the Progress RSB, and possibly some monroe shocks for the rears only.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Well dear old Dad just can't seem to find time to install my goodies

no worries though I have my swifts and RSB and will have them installed next week sometime.

I did get some new tires yesterday.I went with the Kuhmo Ecsta 4X in a 205/50/16 and love the improved handling.

I also noticed the decreased steering response compared to the go cart like steering with the stock Dunlops.

I will report back here once I have everything installed and put some miles on these new tires.

I got my Swifts from Evasive Motorsports and the rsb direct from Progress

both were great to deal with and shipped fast 4 days with no problems.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
you now have 205 and the stockies were 185... you're getting more road feel.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep I actually liked the sharp steering with the 185's but once pushed they just gave up the ghost

It feels like my car just grew up a bit and behaves more like a larger car.
I have some favorite canyon roads that I drive and now I can step it up without the tires crying for mercy.

It's just so much fun driving a car that handles good and I can still stop and get groceries on the way home.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
We have an auto x comming up on the 14th and are going to try the Contisportcontact 2 in 195/50 and see how they work out. This is on a 2012

Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I've seen quite a few Minis running that tire and I hear it performs well.
I almost went with a 195 but decided on the 205 in the end.

Let us know how they do in the Auto x

Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I just had Swifts installed today and Wow!!! just like everyone said they are fantastic

They give you the comfort of stock with much improved handling,braking and the body roll is gone.

I took a drive through the canyons just after getting my springs installed and These springs are as good as advertised.

I also had the Progress RSB installed with the springs and this combo working with new 205/50/16 Kuhmo 4X is perfect.

The drop actually seems lower then others I've seen on a GE
I have 2 fingers front and rear after lowering with no rubbing whatsoever.

I know the Swifts cost more then the others but they are worth every penny

I will try to post up some pictures tomorrow if I have time.

Raceline in Temple city CA handled the install and they are handsdown the best shop I've used in over 30 years.Elton took good care of me and had my car done in less then 2 hours even with me yapping the whole time lol

If you are looking for a reputable shop for any type of work I highly recommend http://racelineusa.com/

I made the drive from Santa Monica and I'm glad I did.I'll get my alignment in a few weeks and then I'm set.

I doubt I will need camber bolts and in case anyone was wondering about the bumpstops,they were not cut as per Swift instructions.

Last edited by zilla8; 07-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Ended up buying Continental DW Xtremes. Great tire, performed well at the event. Inflation pressure ended up at 50psi hot. Somewhat eliminated tire rollover, but I think that phenomina is driver error, going in to deep on the brakes and having to much wheel input. 50psi was quite nice, turned the best times at this pressure. Good feedback and helped with wheel speed. Next event we will shoot for a swift spring install and Dunlop Star Spec's. Had a ball and creaping up on the modded Civics. Who says Fits don't handle.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I ran DW's on my Mustang and they offer plenty of grip for sure.I'm sure you will kick some booty with the Star specs and Swifts lol

If tech does not catch you sneek in a RSB and really have some fun

Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Just had my swift springs installed couple days ago on my GD3.

I've read most of the Swift Springs review threads here and just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that contributed. Here is my review back to the community:

Pros:
- Cornering feels much much better. It now feels like I'm driving a sports car rather than a eco box.
- No bounciness. The ride feels firmer but not uncomfortable.
- Car feels more planted for DD. Improved vertical movements (braking and acceleration) and body rolls.
- Car feels lighter and faster. I feel the car doesnt lose speed as easily while maneuvering.

Cons:
- Road noise increased quite a bit. As I don't have a whole lot of lowering spring experiences, this might apply to all lowering springs? But I gotta admit I missed how quite my car used to ride.
- Wished the back was 0.25 inches lower. But I understand these are built performance 1st and aesthetics 2nd.

Overall I rate these 8.5/10. Quietness meant a lot to me personally, so that's where I dinged off the 1.5 points. Otherwise, great job Swift!!

Side question: Do these springs settle after 2 -3 weeks or are they pre-set out of the box? Swift claims they don't need to settle. Just wondering if I should do my alignment right away and will I see another 0.25 inch drop later on?

Last edited by Sagittarius30; 09-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
^^ that road noise has to do with your alignment. chances are your toe is off and so is your camber. alignment can help, but more if your tires wear to your new camber settings.

did you rotate your tires during the install? if so, that will also contribute to road noise.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
^^ that road noise has to do with your alignment. chances are your toe is off and so is your camber. alignment can help, but more if your tires wear to your new camber settings.

did you rotate your tires during the install? if so, that will also contribute to road noise.

I got a shop to install them for me, so I'm not sure if the tires were rotated. But he did recommend me to do the alignment after 3 weeks when the springs settle.

Thanks for the insight, I really hope the alignment will get rid of the road noise. If so, these springs are close to perfection!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the road noise is coming from your tires as it's now wearing on a different angle... if you put the tires back to how they were before the install, chances are your noise will drop significantly.

while the swifts do change camber/toe angles, it's not that dramatic.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Get an alignment sooner rather than later--Swifts are supposed to settle. You don't want to eat up your tires.

Quick Reply: I decided on Swift springs