2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

I decided on Swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM
congrats on your springs. i just hear too many people buying swifts and then in the future buying coilovers... might as well save and just go coilovers when you can. i personally cant understand why someone would spend $275 on springs and pay to install say around $100-$150 and then another $60-$80 on alignment for just a 1" drop. =(

nothing against your set up, but thats how i looked at it when i was shopping. had to go lower than 1" otherwise i would have stayed stock. either way congrats on your set up and glad you like it!

whats next? and you mean on your GE8 right?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Some go a bit low and it's not for looks

Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
^agreed. but stock shocks are worthless... thats all. not bashing, just saying if you want better handling do it big! lol but hey swifts are great !!!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
30,000 on my swifts

Put them on when I replaced my shocks/struts....they already had 10k on em

Take it from me they will settle....in my case I no longer had a finger gap in the back and can angle 1 in the front. Perhaps an alignement can help, doubt it though.

Looks great, but hurts everytime I hit some bad stretch of road....ccooobbllleessttoone roads are rough also since the suspension is harder.

FOR THOSE WITH THE FRONT END MASK RUNNING OR PLANNING TO RUN SWIFTS:

the button clip you place within the fender to attach the mask to runs the risk of chewing up your tires....

been doing some heavy driving in shitty streets and noticed my outside was getting cut up...exactly where the button was. rotated the wheels and removed the buttons (using a magnetbra anyway). Hope the tires are ok.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by FIT-tles Worth
congrats on your springs. i just hear too many people buying swifts and then in the future buying coilovers... might as well save and just go coilovers when you can. i personally cant understand why someone would spend $275 on springs and pay to install say around $100-$150 and then another $60-$80 on alignment for just a 1" drop. =(

nothing against your set up, but thats how i looked at it when i was shopping. had to go lower than 1" otherwise i would have stayed stock. either way congrats on your set up and glad you like it!

whats next? and you mean on your GE8 right?
I think most people did it for the performance and engineering of the spring. Looks is a bonus but not the priority for most Swift users. I like mine because it looks slightly lowered but in a classy way rather than slammed like a Nascar. I would love it slammed tho if I lived in a perfect world with no pot holes and no snow in winter!

Originally Posted by Santiad
Take it from me they will settle....in my case I no longer had a finger gap in the back and can angle 1 in the front. Perhaps an alignement can help, doubt it though.
How long did it take to settle? Does 3 weeks sound about right? Just wondering when I should take my car in for alignment.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm glad to see others enjoying your Swifts.I've had mine for a couple of months now and I have yet to get a alignment.

I rotated my tires a couple of weeks ago and had no uneven or unusual wear.I'll get the alignment done soon but I'm not worried about it.

I feel like the Swifts are matched with the stock dampers about 10% stiffer then stock so the stock dampers are not over worked at all.

With my intended use and these shitty L.A. streets coils would not make a difference for me.I do not want to go any lower and the Wife and kids are comfy so I'm good

Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but .. Do we need to buy front alignment bolts if I get the swift springs?

06-12 Honda Fit Front alignment kit Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM
If you want a little more camber you can run the bolts.I was able to get alignment in spec without bolts with my Swifts.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Hope no one minds the thread resurrection but i figured it'd be better to ask here than in a new thread.

Would you say the Swift springs maintained the cars practicality? I live in PA and i did the Slammed thing with my Accord. It looked super cool until i literally ripped my entire exhaust off. I bought the fit because dailying a modified car was starting to take it's toll on me, but i find that i miss toying around with my car.

Anyway, I would like a little bit more sportiness out of my suspension but i need to maintain practicality. Everyone seems to love the Swift Springs, and I like that it's a very mild drop. I'm OK with a rough ride, but i can't deal with a daily that i have to worry about ground clearance and road quality.

How is the car on Pot Holes?
Do you ever bottom out.
For the ultimate test... can you go over speed bumps, and will your front end scrape on a steep incline.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 AM
The Swifts are perfect for a daily driver even in L.A. with our shitty roads
I dont have any problems with speed bumps,pot holes,inclines etc.

you just have to angle at times and be mindful that the Fit is already pretty low even at stock height.I never bottom even with 4 adults in my car and the ride is close to stock

It's when you hit the turns the Swifts start to shine and you know you are not on stock springs.I have the progress rsb and 205 tires and my car handles much better then stock but is still fine as a daily.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by zilla8
The Swifts are perfect for a daily driver even in L.A. with our shitty roads
I dont have any problems with speed bumps,pot holes,inclines etc.

you just have to angle at times and be mindful that the Fit is already pretty low even at stock height.I never bottom even with 4 adults in my car and the ride is close to stock

It's when you hit the turns the Swifts start to shine and you know you are not on stock springs.I have the progress rsb and 205 tires and my car handles much better then stock but is still fine as a daily.
Just wondering how much the sag is with the boot full of grocery's and a human in the back? Also us in the NE wish for the crappy roads of LA.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I usually load up my Fit with groceries and the Family and have no problem with sag.I'm talking the entire rear hatch loaded up and I do not rub

so you should be ok.I guess it also depends on the weight of the occupents

Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks..I have a gd3 but no one was replying on gd3 threads. Guess its time to get them.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
decided on swift sport mach for 2010 fit.. where can i get them in chicago with good price ? evasive motor takes 25 $ to ship here.. any other dealer ?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by singhonwheels
decided on swift sport mach for 2010 fit.. where can i get them in chicago with good price ? evasive motor takes 25 $ to ship here.. any other dealer ?
Fizz Autosports (847) 797-1323

Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
Fizz Autosports (847) 797-1323

i m not able to contact them.. any other dealer ?
thankyou

Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 AM
i got these installed for a week now... to me, it definitely makes the car ride worse. it is not unbearable, but if automotive reviewers say the fit rode bad stock, then they will hate this. i thought the fit rode nice stock. mind you, i have the Spoon front sway bar and Progress rear sway bar, but the ride from stock to sways was still like stock. body roll is definitely eliminated, it rolled a little bit with only the sways. car is far more stable at high speeds and it obviously looks better. i am wondering if the trade-off was worth it, but i am leaning towards yes. the difference i would say is the car feels more like a sports car now... with stock springs, it felt more Sports Sedan to me.

oh and it is low enough to scrape the aerodynamic air dam thing, so you have to be careful of steep driveways and parking blocks.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
i got these installed for a week now... to me, it definitely makes the car ride worse. it is not unbearable, but if automotive reviewers say the fit rode bad stock, then they will hate this. i thought the fit rode nice stock. mind you, i have the Spoon front sway bar and Progress rear sway bar, but the ride from stock to sways was still like stock. body roll is definitely eliminated, it rolled a little bit with only the sways. car is far more stable at high speeds and it obviously looks better. i am wondering if the trade-off was worth it, but i am leaning towards yes. the difference i would say is the car feels more like a sports car now... with stock springs, it felt more Sports Sedan to me.

oh and it is low enough to scrape the aerodynamic air dam thing, so you have to be careful of steep driveways and parking blocks.
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Maybe I am getting old but I rather go back to stock. I'm gonna outfit my 09 with some 12 shocks soon