2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Wilwood release new caliper for Honda, No Bracket needed, Direct Bolt On

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Wilwood release new caliper for Honda, No Bracket needed, Direct Bolt On

Wilwood just release new caliper specifically for Honda and Acura application.
They said it is a direct bolt on without any bracket needed.
They also sell it as a kit.

Here is the link:
http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/NewProduc...nt_caliper.pdf

Forged DPHA The Forged DynaPro Honda/Acura (DPHA) caliper represents the newest generation of calipers designed exclusively as a direct bolt-on for Honda and Acura models originally equipped with 262mm diameter rotors. These calipers bolt directly to the stock mounts on factory spindles, fit over the OE 262mm diameter rotor, accept the OE brake hose, and clear many factory aluminum 15” wheels. Designed around Wilwood’s proven DynaPro series four piston calipers, the forged billet bodied DPHA caliper delivers high-strength clamping force and positive stopping power. Four stainless steel pistons provide fully balanced pad loading, along with the corrosion resistance and thermal retardant qualities of the stainless alloy that will keep your calipers cooler and running trouble free for many more miles. Calipers work perfectly with most OE master cylinders and will maintain ABS function. DPHA calipers are available with either black or red high-gloss, high-temp, brake fluid resistant sealed powder coat and feature Wilwood’s signature logo.

Wilwood performance aftermarket brake components are loaded with the features and technology built from decades of domination in world motorsports, and the proven reliability of Zero PPM defect quality supply to leading OE manufacturers around the world. These components will not only optimize the braking performance, it will deliver mile after mile of reliable performance and service life on your Honda/Acura.
Link for caliper shown above is here:
http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/Cali...o=120-12949-RD

and this link below is for the complete KIT (with rotor):
http://www.wilwood.com/Search/PartNo...&itempdf=12996

this is PDF data/spec for the kit:
http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds967.pdf

Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
The price for the kit with RED Caliper and Drilled rotor is cheap,
only $571.19 for FRONT (PAIR) !!!

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...o=140-12996-DR

BRAKE KIT DETAILS: Call (805) 388-1188
Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits Product Number: 140-12996-DR Price: $571.19

Wilwood Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits - Red Powder Coat Caliper - SRP Drilled & Slotted Rotor
Kit Contents:

Wilwood Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits Parts Laid Out - Red Powder Coat Caliper - SRP Drilled & Slotted Rotor

Kit Summary: OE Hub Offset:
.00 (Increase / Decrease Track Width) Spindle Type:
Factory Disc Spindle;

Mount Type:
Lug Caliper Type:
4 - Red Powder Coat Rotor Diameter:
10.32 Wheel Diameter:
15 Price:
571.19 Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits

Wilwood’s new DynaPro Honda/Acura Caliper (DPHA) for Honda and Acura models originally equipped with 262mm diameter rotors. These calipers bolt directly to the stock mounts on factory spindles, fit over the OE 262mm diameter rotor, accept the OE brake hose, and clear many factory aluminum wheels including the EM1 Si 15” wheel. Designed around Wilwood’s proven DynaPro series four piston calipers, the forged billet bodied DPHA caliper delivers high-strength clamping force and positive stopping power. Four stainless steel pistons provide fully balanced pad loading, along with the corrosion resistance and thermal retardant qualities of the stainless alloy that will keep your calipers cooler and running trouble free for many more miles. Calipers work perfectly with the OE master cylinder and ABS functions, and are available with either black or red high-gloss, high-temp, brake fluid resistant sealed powder coat and feature Wilwood’s signature logo.

FITMENT AND INSTALLATION DETAILS
Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits Assembly Schematic

Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits Assembly Schematic

COMPATIBLE VEHICLES FOR THIS BRAKE KIT: BRAKE KIT: Forged DPHA Front Caliper and Rotor Kits SPINDLE TYPE: Factory Disc Spindle;

This Brake Kit is Compatible with the Following Vehicle Makes: View All Vehicles Acura Honda
Note: Kit may fit other vehicles, call Wilwood Sales⁄Tech Support at (805) 388-1188 for more information. Search Front Brake Kits by Year-Make-Model THIS BRAKE KIT HAS AN HUB OFFSET OF: .00
This Hub Offset will move the wheels inward or outward from the fenderby this amount on each side of the vehicle NOTE: Check "Figure 2. Wheel Clearance Diagram" in the installation Instructions below to verify you have adequate wheel clearance for this kit. Note(s):

Installation Instruction Sheet:

Click To Download KIT COMPONENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS Click on BLUE LINKS for Additional Details Calipers: Info / Part Number: Left Hand - Part No: 120-12949-RD Right Hand - Part No: 120-12949-RD Type: Forged DPHA Finish Color: Red Powder Coat Piston Count: 4 Piston Area (In˛): 4.12 Piston Type: Stainless Mount Type: Lug Brake Pad Plate: 7812 Brake Pad Area (In˛): 6.36 Brake Pad Volume (Inł): 2.1 Pad Compound: BP-10

Forged DPHA Caliper - Red Powder Coat

Rotors: Info / Part Number: Left Hand - Part No: 160-12839-BK Right Hand - Part No: 160-12838-BK Type: SRP Drilled Rotor Style: SRP Drilled & Slotted Surface Finish: Black Electro Coat Material: Iron Outside Diameter (In.): 10.32 Width (In.): 0.93 Vane Count: Vented Design Type: SRP-BLK Bedded: No Dynamically Balanced: No

SRP Drilled Rotor - Iron - Black Electro Coat

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Pretty awesome for a caliper upgrade. These look way better than the dynalite 4 piston.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Wow I'll def consider this when it comes time to replace the pads. Great find as I was just looking into possible BBKs.. may just stay cheap and stick with the stock diameter rotors with this kit!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
it makes me sad that they can do something this awesome... but can't come up with an affordable rear disk conversion...

Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Actually rear disc conversion is pretty straight forward. Buy a spindle with a bracket like Del Sol spindle.

I know this is a fabbed bracket, but its the same thing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-CRX-SI-Del-Sol-Integra-rear-disc-brake-conversion-brackets-/370773499438?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653d29e2e&vxp=mtr
Using that, plus a rear Honda Civic or Acura Integra Rear brake kit will hook right up with the 11 inch rotor size or the 12.2 inch rotor size.

Edit: But I'm just talking GD's here.

Last edited by BlueCell; 06-13-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Nice find.... great that it fits under 15" wheels.

So you still going with the Brembos?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Nice find.... great that it fits under 15" wheels.
So you still going with the Brembos?
Yes still Brembo, as soon as I have the budget

Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
This kit fits 07-13. Fits. If anyone down to do a group buy on these for better prices black or red the 4 piston kit price wont affect as long as we got 10 buyers +. And will get better price on kit lemme knw pm me plz. I knw a guy

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Any one able to pull a weight spec off this...? Lighter than stock...?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
^^ 2x on this and if they offer rear discs as well.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Any one able to pull a weight spec off this...? Lighter than stock...?
Weight of the Right Rotor is here:
Wilwood High-Performance Disc Brakes - Rotor No: 160-12838-BK

Weight of the Right Caliper is here:
Wilwood High Performance Disc Brakes - Caliper Product Number: 120-12949-RD

I think the Left Rotor and Left Caliper should have the same weight,
or you can check them too if you click on the link for the rotor and caliper at the bottom portion of this page:
Wilwood High Performance Disc Brakes - Front Brake Kit Product Number: 140-12996-DR

The only unknown is the weight of the caliper bracket... UPS
wait a minute, this kit do not need caliper bracket... hahaha I forgot

Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ 2x on this and if they offer rear discs as well.
They offer rear disk kit but it is for other Honda and none are for Honda Fit...

some of their rear disk kit are made for Civic with drum brakes,
and of course some of their rear disk are also made for Civic that already have disk brakes..., so if you want you can just modify the bracket,
but it would not be economical anymore...

Another thing to note is their rear disk brake kit are VENTILATED disk, so it is much heavier then standard JDM RS Fit solid rear disk brakes...
their rear disk brake caliper also have larger piston then JDM RS rear caliper piston, so I worry it would change the brake bias too much to the rear...
all their rear disk brake also have large rotor, so for sure you had to change the front brake to much larger rotor before you can do the rear...

so I think I am going to stick with doing my custom rear disk brake upgrade (using Wilwood part) for my JDM RS Rear Axle... (stick with solid non ventilated 2 piece disk brake from Wilwood and using standard Honda rear brake caliper...)

Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
This kit fits 07-13. Fits. If anyone down to do a group buy on these for better prices black or red the 4 piston kit price wont affect as long as we got 10 buyers +. And will get better price on kit lemme knw pm me plz. I knw a guy
Wow, Wafulz, you can get even better price ? That is great !

Come on everybody, this is a good chance to upgrade your front brake performance with name brand parts but with cheaper then DIY pricing !

Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
So how much is the gb price? Curious

Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Price all depends on the more people the black kit is cheaper but the red kit is more they said if I get 10 +. We get good price . I just gotta make sure people are interested I'm going to talk to my friend tomorrow to get more details as for price can't release yet I just gotta make sure people are down cuz I'm down.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 AM
Group buy I'm down

Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM
This is great news
I see both Summit and Jeggs have this kit for $509.99 and free shipping from Summit

I would like to support a FF vendor though if possible

Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Wafulz!! Where's your ass at? Lol..gb numbers homie!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Group buy? Yes I would!!

Quick Reply: Wilwood release new caliper for Honda, No Bracket needed, Direct Bolt On