2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

progress vs. swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
progress vs. swift springs

It seems like the swift springs and progress rsb are the darlings of this forum, I'm just curious if anyone is running the progress springs instead of the swifts. The drop is supposedly the same but the balance is drastically different. The progress are also a fair bit cheaper, though I'm concerned that they may be too harsh for a daily driver. (florida, roads are decently clear) Any feedback?

Progress Lowering Springs
F -1.2 in / R -1.0 in
F 2.8kg / R 3.6kg

Swift Sport Mach
F -1.2 in / R -1.0 in
F 2.3kg / R 2.1kg

Old 10-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
I had the progress lowering springs on my Fit. I live in Minnesota so the roads are not always the best, but I loved the springs.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I have not had the Progress GE8 springs, but I will opinionate:

That rear spring rate on the Progress looks a little high for stock shocks. The advantage of using the Swifts + RSB is with the RSB you increase effective spring rate, but only in corners, so straight line cruising comfort is hurt less. I have Teins and i've always felt the stock shocks could barely handle the rebound and their rates are lower. The unfortunate part about the Teins (for performance) is the drop, which puts the shock's piston a little outside of it's comfort zone I think. Looks good though lol. Progress may be better since it's not as low.

I am also not 100% sold on Progress' spring design. Not a lot of winds and stacked up progressive kind of sucks. Swifts are linear throughout.

I would think the Progress springs + Progress RSB would be AWESOME with upgraded shocks but there are none for the Fit that can be found cheaply. I suppose you could go with Koni Yellows on the rear turned down low to help handle that higher rate. They're not that expensive. I'd actually like to see that + review.

Just throwing thoughts around from my brain, bored at work

Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I have not had the Progress GE8 springs, but I will opinionate:

That rear spring rate on the Progress looks a little high for stock shocks. The advantage of using the Swifts + RSB is with the RSB you increase effective spring rate, but only in corners, so straight line cruising comfort is hurt less. I have Teins and i've always felt the stock shocks could barely handle the rebound and their rates are lower. The unfortunate part about the Teins (for performance) is the drop, which puts the shock's piston a little outside of it's comfort zone I think. Looks good though lol. Progress may be better since it's not as low.

I am also not 100% sold on Progress' spring design. Not a lot of winds and stacked up progressive kind of sucks. Swifts are linear throughout.

I would think the Progress springs + Progress RSB would be AWESOME with upgraded shocks but there are none for the Fit that can be found cheaply. I suppose you could go with Koni Yellows on the rear turned down low to help handle that higher rate. They're not that expensive. I'd actually like to see that + review.

Just throwing thoughts around from my brain, bored at work
I didn't realize the progress were progressive. No pun intended. I agree that the rates are likely high for the OEM shocks. Furthermore, the progress setup seems like it would make the car a bit tail happy, especially in comparison to the swifts. I'm sure that their intended handling balance is track friendly but for the street I'm a little unsure. I may have to fork out the extra dough for the swifts. Are there any site vendors that have a discount on them? I'm afraid of knockoffs on eBay.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
another point to consider is that the higher spring rate MIGHT reduce rubbing while turning as the suspension would theoretically compress less.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I had progress in my ge8 for 2yrs. Nice springs however for the minimal drop I received it rode a lot stiffer and harder like I went wayyy lower. I wasn't impressed with that. Otherwise good springs I just didn't notice it was really lower after install. Swifts rode OK IMO. But it looked stock height in appearance to me. I wasn't a fan of the swifts!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
I had progress in my ge8 for 2yrs. Nice springs however for the minimal drop I received it rode a lot stiffer and harder like I went wayyy lower. I wasn't impressed with that. Otherwise good springs I just didn't notice it was really lower after install. Swifts rode OK IMO. But it looked stock height in appearance to me. I wasn't a fan of the swifts!
wish i'd seen this feedback sooner. lol. florida has pretty smooth roads so we'll see how it goes.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:58 AM
How would these go with Koni SRT shocks when they're released?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
The Swift springs are great with the stock dampers if you are fond of the way European cars handle and ride.. My only problem with them is that they lowered my car more than needed for use on the roads in this area... I finally got the ride, clearance and handling desired by installing Buddy Club N+ coil overs.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
I have been on Progress Sport springs for about 25K miles now. They perform well, especially when daily driven. I only wish they settled a bit more, its really not too noticeable compared to stock height.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by SBFT09
I have been on Progress Sport springs for about 25K miles now. They perform well, especially when daily driven. I only wish they settled a bit more, its really not too noticeable compared to stock height.

i just can't stop staring at this beautiful car