2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

The new Konig Forwards....matte gray w/orange stripe!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Thumbs up The new Konig Forwards....matte gray w/orange stripe!

So I finally took the plunge and decided upon a new wheel for my Fit and its the new Konig Forward, matte gray w/orange stripe. I wrapped them in the new Continental DWS' for a couple reasons. Number one the tire has gotten GREAT reviews, secondly the treadwear number of 540 is important to me due to the miles I drive (I've got 11k on the car right now and picked it up at the end of Feb), next is how the tire looks, smooth sidewall and nice tread pattern, a win, win and win for me on everything. The size of the wheels are 16 x 7, I just didn't see the need to go with 17's due to extra weight and cost and no real reason to do it. The offset is 40mm, duh, what isn't The tires are P205/50/16's and becauise I went down 5% in aspect ratio I can feel the difference in turn-in already, so the car is set for Dragon duty in a couple monthes! BTW, they only sent one centercap decal that "FIT" so that's why there's a hole in the middle of the centercap itself. They are getting me 3 more and I'm having a custom decal made for it, its just going to be black background that says HONDA in the correct font, plain and simple to make it look OEM.

***YES, I PLAN ON LOWERING IT, BUT DECIDED ON TIRES AND WHEELS FIRST!

Ok, on with the pics!

A close-up of the wheel

Profile....

Rear 3/4 view

This shot shows the offset and how it looks in the front

The combo of 40mm offset and the extra 20mm of tire width looks FATT!

One more for the road!

Once I get the decals on the car I'll post some more pics, this way its on there and complete. Overall I love how the car looks now, not that the stock wheels weren't nice becasue they are, they really are but now it stands out from the crowd, especially with a unique, new wheel on the market

Old 08-02-2010, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good, it'll look even better once you lower it.

If I had a BOM or OR Fit I too would have those rims. They're perfect for that color.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Question

The color of the stripe isn't a perfect match but then again how could it be but yeah, its a pretty good combo

I'm also thinking about changing the dots in my I-VTEC and Jazz badge to an orange close to my stripe, what do you guys think about that?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I personally wouldn't do that because I think that the orange on the badges will just blend into the hatch; but, if that's you want to do then by all means go for it.

If it were me, I'd paint the badges and put on another set of VTEC SOHC vinyl/stickers in a matching or similar matte gray to help balance out the color contrast of the orange and dark colored items on the car. Again, that's just my two cents.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I like your idea of getting a matte gray decals to replace my silvers ones for sure, but my emblems are the actual JDM Honda ones, so there's no painting those but then again, you might not be able to see that in the pics either. I can have the decals done in matte gray and then have the dots done in oragne, similar to my stripe....thanks man

Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Dude! Nice rims--they're perfect for your car! I like it.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by blassty
Dude! Nice rims--they're perfect for your car! I like it.
Thanks man, where you at in Chicago? Going to Friday Night Lights on August 20th? We've got 2 Fits going so far

Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Talking A couple more from this evening

...and now for something completely different!
Name:  img1280794914518.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  78.7 KB

Just a random car from the show this evening that I thought was cool, a real Alpine Tiger, complete with a 289 s/b Ford!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 AM
yupp i know what wheel size im getting. 16x7 +40 205/50/R16 tires. Car looks good, drop would set it off. How'd things go with the TPS?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
Take this for what it's worth, but I'm not usually impressed by something like this, and I would say I'm impressed.

Those rims look sharp and especially with that color vehicle they look "right".

Old 08-03-2010, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by insane_one
yupp i know what wheel size im getting. 16x7 +40 205/50/R16 tires. Car looks good, drop would set it off. How'd things go with the TPS?
Not trying to jack the OP's thread but to answer your question about the TPMS sensors. Swapping the sensors from a wheel designed for TPMS senors to a wheel that isn't is not a problem nor does the tire size have any adverse affect to the TPMS system.

The sensors basically is screw in the exact space were a typical valve steam would be inserted, the only difference is that the sensor will have a little bit of wiggle room due to the rim not having a grove for it, but it is still snug. The only ways that the TPMS sensor can malfunction after changing tire/rims is if the tire tech does not properly rebuild the sensor (new rubber grommets basically) or the tire tech damages/breaks the sensor when removing the tire.

I've had my OEM sensors removed and reinstalled twice; once for a rim swap and again for new tires and they have yet to malfunction.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Thumbs up Tpms

I've had no issues with the TPMS at all, Discount Tire took care of all that for me, great work

Fitchet, thanks for the compliments, especially since your not easily impressed it means that much more (even though I don't know you)
Hootie, I was looking my car over after your suggestion about re-doing the decals and I think the matte gray lettering will get lost there, even though the color is bright, the silver shows up really well. I'm going to get the orange dots though and put them up there using some tape just to see what it looks like first before I peel anything off.

Everyone else, thanks for the kind words about my wheel choice and I can't wait to lower the car, who knows, maybe it'll happen sooner than later

Old 08-04-2010, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Thanks man, where you at in Chicago? Going to Friday Night Lights on August 20th? We've got 2 Fits going so far
Northside near Albany Park. I looked that up and I'm assuming it's a JDM Chicago meet. I'll keep it in mind but I've never went to car meets and don't see myself as the type. Thanks for the invite though, maybe next time.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by blassty
Northside near Albany Park. I looked that up and I'm assuming it's a JDM Chicago meet. I'll keep it in mind but I've never went to car meets and don't see myself as the type. Thanks for the invite though, maybe next time.
Well car meets are for enthusists, so if your into cars you'd like it I've found that the crowd at import shows/meets are pretty laid back and accept all types of cars, unlike the muscle car type shows where newer and import cars especially are frowned upon, in general. I'm 40 and have seen it from both sides and I can say this for sure based on what I've noticed over the past 20 years of going to all types of shows.

So, I don't know if you had a bad experience or something, but it would be great to meet a couple more members of this great site, maybe you'll be able to make it out

Incase anyone was wondering and didn't ask, the wheels and tires are pretty reasonably priced at $1090 and that includes the lugs and road hazard as well, so pretty fair price IMO.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Apparently the tires get "broken in" around 1K, so I guess they'll get even better. I plan on going to WV for Labor Day weekend to visit some relatives that I haven't seen in a while and also to "drive" the back roads down there, especially this old coal mine road, its awesome! I'm taking the long way to get there from Chicago too because route 50 is one great driving road, a vacation for the car too, perfect

Old 08-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act

...and now for something completely different!

Just a random car from the show this evening that I thought was cool, a real Alpine Tiger, complete with a 289 s/b Ford!
Actually, it's a Sunbeam Tiger. The Sunbeam Alpine had the British 4 cylinder. Carroll Shelby imported the Alpine rolling chassis and put Ford 260 or 289 V8's in them and the V8 cars were sold as the Sunbeam Tiger (not unlike what Shelby did transforming the AC Ace into the AC Cobra). Since the Tigers are worth more than Alpines, people have made faux-Tiger's from Alpines which could be what this car is.

For those that like Watanabe wheels, note the original (well, those could be replicas) magnesium Minilite's copied by Panasport and Watanabe.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Thumbs up

Dammit, my old age is kickin' in again

I thought those particular wheels were too big for the car, they need to be wide, 14's IMO but the color is spot on, ofcoarse

I've been told the tires I have will get better with about 1k on them, but I can say this right now, the lower profile has really woke up the handling even more on the Fit, so who knows, maybe they'll be even better! If this is the case, the Fit will be carvin' some Dragon tail in 2 monthes

Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I re-adjusted all of my photos and will put them back up soon, sorry

Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Name:  img1280702465129.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  img1280702465388.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  img1280702465724.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  img1280702465586.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  img1280702465505.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  img1280702466115.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  img1280702465218.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  img1280795933507.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  img1280795766285.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  87.7 KB

I ended up making a new album in photobucket and the original pics were eliminated

Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
rims are wayyyy to small for that car but im sure the ride is nice. dont get too aggresive on those tires on that dragons tail or whatever

Last edited by redrumm; 08-09-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The new Konig Forwards....matte gray w/orange stripe!