2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Are these legit? rota sdx 4x100

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Yet I see plenty of Rota Slips on 9 and 10 sec dragsters and more than a handful on autox cars.

There is no conceivable reason why a pair of TE37's cost what they do. But please, by all means pay for them and pretend the R&D required to make a rim is equivalent to that of a manifold or CHRA. In the end you are screwing us all when most of us who actually push our setups just want to find some stupid hoops to strap a rubber band around and go to the track.

Why do you need "legit" $2k wheels on the car you slammed to the point where you can't get up to 45mph before diving on the brakes because of a pothole or a dip in the road in the first place?

This is why Honda guys pay 2-3x what they need to for the same shit you can get elsewhere which does the job. Because they manufacturers know they can charge that much thanks to fanboys like you. It's like the Evo or Supra "Tax."

You don't need a Password:JDM catch can, Moroso and Summit have plenty that'll do the job for $30 bucks. It doesn't make you cool to spend untold thousands on your ride if it doesn't perform anyways. You look like tools when you've spent $2k on something as simple as wheels for your $15k car.

Find something worthwhile to hate on (like the hellaflush tards) to make yourself feel superior. I'll be using my $250 secondhand Slipstreams and using the money left over to have a compound turbo manifold fabbed up, buy some coilovers and put the rest towards an AEM EMS II.

Somethings require extensive R&D, wheels do not. Go buy some $250 neo-chrome lugs you morons.
Wheels require no R&D? Welp.

And forging stuff is cheap.

Pure/near pure aluminum is also cheap.

Why don't the fake wheel fanbois find something to try and poke fun of rather than at the people who are willing to pay for nice wheels?

Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Wheels require no R&D? Welp.

And forging stuff is cheap.

Pure/near pure aluminum is also cheap.

Why don't the fake wheel fanbois find something to try and poke fun of rather than at the people who are willing to pay for nice wheels?

Hmm where do I say explicitly that they require no R&D? Forging, like casting can be pretty cheap when you make as many items as major manufacturers do, and when you buy aluminum in bulk it's not so bad.

I used to regularly, and occasionally still do, make one off pieces from solid aluminum billet, dare you guess how expensive that is?

How many more strawmen are you gonna build up to knock down? Let's focus on what I actually said then shall we...
But please, by all means pay for them and pretend the R&D required to make a rim is equivalent to that of a manifold or CHRA.
Also, you only hear from us fake wheel folks when the wheel obsessed whiny little girls start in on us. It's a situation much akin to this:

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah....I'm just seeing a little box just like last time.

And good job with name calling. Very mature of you.

And I really don't care about you've done in the past with your DSM's.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
I personally hate it when a company copies another to make a profit. It doesn't matter if it's wheels or not.

Rota copies Rays(wheels)
Samsung copies Apple(iPhone/iPad)
Sony copies Nintendo(motion controller with nunchuk attachment)
Everyone copies Nintendo(multicolor products like the N64. They did before everyone, even before the first gen colored iMacs)
Everyone copies Apple(seriously, can you even remember a major product for consumers that started with "i" before Apple created the iMac, iBook, iPod, etc)
Regardless of who and what the product is, I will always hate on companies that just wait for someone to spend money and time created something, only so they can rip off the designs, even of there are minor differences.

Like I said before, there are many other wheels that are heavy and not expensive, but Rota makes it very clear when they're trying to copy someone else's design. I'm sure if they would have started out just like all the other cheap(less expensive) wheel manufacturers, with original wheel designs, then people wouldn't hate on them the way they do now.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Yeah....I'm just seeing a little box just like last time.

And good job with name calling. Very mature of you.

And I really don't care about you've done in the past with your DSM's.
I don't just work on or own DSM's, and since when are you of all people above name calling? Pot meet kettle. You are easily one of the most inflammatory condescending individuals here and you have the gall to call me on name calling.

At least I actually help people.

In just the past 5 years I have owned and modified a dodge cummins, a chevy monza, a hyundai accent and a yamaha R6.

I've gotten my hands dirty on several porsches, a handful of vettes, a mustang gt500, a G35 and two ferraris to name the few off the top of my head. This in addition to drag projects, my own autox car i've since sold and even a light aircraftof a friends. All that without even accounting for the guys domestic and overseas I've walked through (and sourced components for) on turbocharging their GD and GE Fits.

Few brands have my loyalty. I like results. You know why I like DSMs? I get results for cheap.

You are a punk.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-09-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
O snap. he emotionally affected by this.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 PM