2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Are these legit? rota sdx 4x100

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Are these legit? rota sdx 4x100

ROTA WHEEL SDX 17X7.5 +45 4X100 67.1 MATTE BRONZE on eBay!

Are these wheels legit? Through all the research I have done, I thought Roda didn't made the sdx in a 4x100 bolt pattern..

Thanks for any imput

Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 AM
They make them in 4 x 100 as you saw in your last post.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
I would never buy Rotas. Coming from the Evo community, I have seen plenty of pics of Rotas gone wrong. So much so that a member tracked his Evo with some Rotas that have straight spokes. By the time his session was done the spokes were bent.
Rotas are cheap, not well made, heavy and are knock offs. This is not my opinion. These are facts.
But then again, I live across from NYC, where people go to Chinatown to buy Coach knock off bags, knowing that they are saving money, but that the quality is clearly not the same.
It's everyones choice I guess.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Cornerstrike FTW

Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Cornerstrike FTW
Word Up!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, are they legit.... They are Fake Wheels...

Old 09-08-2011, 11:43 PM

Here11, yes they're legit.

I love it how all the JDM part pushers have to "spread the word/support the cause" in every thread involving Rotas. Give it a rest.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Ahh good job choosing the wheel that EVERYONE KNOWS is weak.

We've all known that the RnR is a weak wheel since the early 90's.

Its not new. Its a lightweight, cast design with thin spokes.

Wanderer. we don't expect you to understand why people spend money on real deal parts, however if someone steals your wheel/car/house, you can't be mad as you support thieves in buying replica parts.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

Here11, yes they're legit.

I love it how all the JDM part pushers have to "spread the word/support the cause" in every thread involving Rotas. Give it a rest.
Funny. No one here even mentioned the word JDM except yourself. Sure, JDM wheels are of high quality, but so are BBS and OZ Racing wheels(German and Italian). And like with everything in production, some of their products are made at a higher quality than others(cast vs forge).
Yes, I have seen people in the Evo community have issues with Rotas. Even so, my biggest issue with them is not that they're heavy, because other companies make cheap, heavy wheels as wells.
No. My biggest problem with Rota is that they rip off the designs of other manufacturers, to the point that the number of spokes and even the color(time attack black/red) is even copied to perfection, with the exception of the low weight, strength and quality.

Like I said in my first post here, people go to Chinatown to get a knock off Coach bag, but they know it's a knock off because something, either in the spelling, inside tag, etc, has to be different.
Rota, on the other hand, want people to think these are as good as the wheels they're made to look like and they're taking advantage of it. Just like tech companies and Apple. I used to work for AT&T. About 30% of smartphone users who think they have an iPhone actually have a Droid, like the Samsung Galaxy, who copies the look of the iPhone, the feel of the iPhone, the pinch to zoom of the iPhone, even the 4 home keys of the bottom.

Rota is just another company who waits for a big company that makes higher quality products, like Rays, and then just copies what they do. You'll see. The next new wheel that Volk releases, if its popular, will be copied by Rota or some other lesser known company.
Bottom line is if Rota came out with original wheels, I wouldn't hate on them as much. But since they copy a good product, only to make it inferior
and pass on as something it's not, in order to take advantage of uneducated car owners that don't even visit forums and have no idea that heavier wheels/tires can reduce the performance and mpg of a vehicle, the hate will continue coming for as long as they do this.
It's not a JDM thing, even though many people are blind and believe only JDM products are good. It's like Sony in the 80s and 90s. Now Samsung outsells Sony in almost everyway and makes better products(TVs, Smartphones, Tablets).
But even the best companies have issues. There's no product in the world that has a 100% non defective track record. That's impossible. Even for Apple, who is now the most valuable company I'm the world according to Wall Street, or whose customers are the most satisfied according to JD Powers.

Rota, if you stop copying others designs and come out with your own original wheels I will stop hating. That's bottom line. Show me a Rota wheel, not a Rolk CE28 special heavy edition or a gRam Lights opposite attack edition.

P.S. And before the apple hate starts, I have two window pcs at home. No iMacs here.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
my personal experience and opinion:

I dont give a sh!t what wheels they are. I have never owned rotas but I did have a set of TRMotorsport wheels from tire rack. $98 bucks each. I even powder coated them. I tracked the dog shi!t out of them. Went off about 15 times with them. hard too. Never bent, broke, shook, etc. good wheel.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
$800 FOR ROTAS!?!?!?!?! a few hundred more and u can get some WAY better wheels.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
$800 FOR ROTAS!?!?!?!?! a few hundred more and u can get some WAY better wheels.
Few hundred less and you can do so on the used market.

Heck, recently I've seen quite a few used RPF1's with decent tyres for that price.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey, you guys do what you do I'll never hate on anyone for what they like. I love all the Rays and Works and BBS of the world myself. They make nice wheels.

My post was more about content than the BS "fake wheel" argument that's so heated on the internet. The kid asked a question, just answer it. Everyone's a critic.

$800 is a lot for Rotas for sure, I didn't even notice that lol

JCrim is on the same page as me. I've run junkyard wheels on track before. Best $40 ever.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by here11
Through all the research I have done, I thought Roda didn't made the sdx in a 4x100 bolt pattern..
Those you posted the link to are 4x114.3 though, so don't go ordering that particular set.

Last edited by Wanderer.; 09-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Old 09-09-2011, 02:06 PM
^LOL

10char

Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
my personal experience and opinion:

I dont give a sh!t what wheels they are. I have never owned rotas but I did have a set of TRMotorsport wheels from tire rack. $98 bucks each. I even powder coated them. I tracked the dog shi!t out of them. Went off about 15 times with them. hard too. Never bent, broke, shook, etc. good wheel.

Even tho those wheels are cheap in price, it doesnt mean they werent cast good or with the purpose of track day use. Just like the 949 wheels. When something is designed and made correct it will be good. Rota is more concerned with the copying of wheels and less with the casting process or the mindset that the wheels will be used on the race track.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
^That.

Tire Rack isn't exactly going to put their name on the line for crap wheels.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Yet I see plenty of Rota Slips on 9 and 10 sec dragsters and more than a handful on autox cars.

There is no conceivable reason why a pair of TE37's cost what they do. But please, by all means pay for them and pretend the R&D required to make a rim is equivalent to that of a manifold or CHRA. In the end you are screwing us all when most of us who actually push our setups just want to find some stupid hoops to strap a rubber band around and go to the track.

Why do you need "legit" $2k wheels on the car you slammed to the point where you can't get up to 45mph before diving on the brakes because of a pothole or a dip in the road in the first place?

This is why Honda guys pay 2-3x what they need to for the same shit you can get elsewhere which does the job. Because they manufacturers know they can charge that much thanks to fanboys like you. It's like the Evo or Supra "Tax."

You don't need a Password:JDM catch can, Moroso and Summit have plenty that'll do the job for $30 bucks. It doesn't make you cool to spend untold thousands on your ride if it doesn't perform anyways. You look like tools when you've spent $2k on something as simple as wheels for your $15k car.

Find something worthwhile to hate on (like the hellaflush tards) to make yourself feel superior. I'll be using my $250 secondhand Slipstreams and using the money left over to have a compound turbo manifold fabbed up, buy some coilovers and put the rest towards an AEM EMS II.

Somethings require extensive R&D, wheels do not. Go buy some $250 neo-chrome lugs you morons.

I've seen advans, enkeis and the lot of them all fail. So someone somewhere had some rota attacks crap out on them? I've seen "legit" mugens and spoons done in too. Get over it, you sound like a bunch of WASPy teenage girls talking about handbags.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Are these legit? rota sdx 4x100