2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Fitment assistance, 16x8 e20

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
^ that indeed needs some more lowering

Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
So I did some more digging, and found some info on a Miata forum. Apparently, there are a few instances of the +10 offset versions of the Offroads not being able to clear brake calipers. They were able to solve the issue by either grinding the caliper/rim down, or using spacers (4mm was the minimum). They referenced the +20 version plenty, with the implication that the +10 versions were the only ones with clearance issues.

Last edited by Nickocosmic; 07-31-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 AM
Originally Posted by Nickocosmic
Hmm that may mean that I would need spacers as well. Is 10mm the minimum that you could work with? Because that adds like half an inch towards the fenders.
the only problem at that point is your wheel studs are too short to run more, also if you look at the specs the track width on the sport fit is wider in the front then the rear, maybe get a staggered set of rims, its not terribly off but you might want to consider it.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
the only problem at that point is your wheel studs are too short to run more, also if you look at the specs the track width on the sport fit is wider in the front then the rear, maybe get a staggered set of rims, its not terribly off but you might want to consider it.
I was actually asking if it were possible to clear the calipers with a smaller spacer, like 4 or 5mm instead of 10mm. In my head, a quarter-inch further out is easier to work around than a half an inch lol.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
It'd better clear with a 5mm spacer, if not that's a terrible rim design.

Keep in mind that will put you at +15 offset, which is getting adventurous. If you were to use a 10mm it'd put you at +10, which I haven't seen on here.

You don't NEED extended studs to run a 5mm spacer. It's better if you have them but it's not a huge deal if you don't, the wheels will stay on the car haha. If you get 10mm you'll need extended studs unless you get bolt-on spacers, which I think are unsafe. Yes tons of people use them with no problem.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
It'd better clear with a 5mm spacer, if not that's a terrible rim design.

Keep in mind that will put you at +15 offset, which is getting adventurous. If you were to use a 10mm it'd put you at +10, which I haven't seen on here.

You don't NEED extended studs to run a 5mm spacer. It's better if you have them but it's not a huge deal if you don't, the wheels will stay on the car haha. If you get 10mm you'll need extended studs unless you get bolt-on spacers, which I think are unsafe. Yes tons of people use them with no problem.
Excellent. I'll probably get a couple sets of spacers and see which ones I can get away with using.

Thanks everyone for the input! Hopefully soon I'll be up and running.

Also, what do you guys think of the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2? Thinking of doing 205/50's. Should have slight stretch to them.

Last edited by Nickocosmic; 07-31-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 PM
i was reading this thread and wondering about the fender pulling as i am also looking into doing a similar setup. 16x8 +20 on swift springs. i believe another thread said pimpfit15 has this setup on eibach sportlines with no mods to fenders and hardly ever rubs? i pm him but havent received a response yet. im picking up my rims tomorrow and hopefully the spring in the next couple of weeks.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Excellent. I'll probably get a couple sets of spacers and see which ones I can get away with using.

Thanks everyone for the input! Hopefully soon I'll be up and running.

Also, what do you guys think of the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2? Thinking of doing 205/50's. Should have slight stretch to them.
205/40's would fit better

Old 08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
when people say "pulled fenders" do they mean "rolled" cuz on some of the "pulled" pics they dont look it at all. PULLED MEANS WIDER!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Also why is everyone going with springs???? Coilovers or go home!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Rolled means the lip is rolled flat. (example, rear fender on a 92-00 civic. Rolling it flat) the fit does not have that lip, it's essentially "rolled" from the factory. The only thing to do is "pull" the fenders. Aka, force them outward to clearance for wider/low offset wheels. The fit lends itself very well to fender pulling. It looks factory in the rear. Front looks great as well. BUT... It needs to be done with an actual fender roller. Otherwise, it will look like shit

Old 08-02-2012, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cokeismetal
Also why is everyone going with springs???? Coilovers or go home!!!
Because not everyone can afford them/wants to spend that much money when they can achieve the same result (lowered) for much less.

Anyway, I noticed that KYB makes shocks for the GE. Would these be able to handle some lowering springs better than the factory ones? Because if they can, I can just get those and some springs for much less than coilovers.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
lol @ springs achieving the same result as coilovers. Once you've had coils you don't go back, unless you're just using springs as a temp setup, etc.

Coils go so much lower, ride better, actually can impact handling positively (springs don't, if you think they do, get your butt dyno under control), and are adjustable.

And no the KYB shocks will not handle the springs better than OEM, they're just OEM replacement shocks.

You really should educate yourself before talking out your ass.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 PM
they can achieve the same result (lowered) for much less.

Anyway, I noticed that KYB makes shocks for the GE. Would these be able to handle some lowering springs better than the factory ones?
No and no. KYB Excel (or artist formerly known as GR2) are OEM replacements.

You could achieve the same result you're looking for for free, just cut your stock springs. Why don't you just do that?

All i've (and others here as well) have been saying is, if you don't want to do it right, don't get such aggressive wheels. some Xx7 +40 wheels will look good with springs and you won't look like a stance poser.

For reference, I have drop springs, but i'm not trying to get a "look", I just think the GE looks like a retarded wheelbarrow at stock height.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
lol @ springs achieving the same result as coilovers. Once you've had coils you don't go back, unless you're just using springs as a temp setup, etc.

Coils go so much lower, ride better, actually can impact handling positively (springs don't, if you think they do, get your butt dyno under control), and are adjustable.

And no the KYB shocks will not handle the springs better than OEM, they're just OEM replacement shocks.

You really should educate yourself before talking out your ass.
So you're saying that nobody does or has ever saw lowering springs as an inexpensive alternative to reducing the ride height of their car? This, to me anyway, seems like quite a common occurrence. I'm well aware of the fact that coilovers can be adjusted. Also, not once did I say springs will improve performance or that they were a BETTER alternative to coilovers. You could have just given me the answer about the shocks without being a dick.

Pretty much every response in this thread was accompanied by unnecessary unfriendliness, so, to this forum and those who inhabit it, I bid adieu.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Springs shouldnt be on the list when you're trying to go on a lower offset wheel. thats the recipe for mexi-poke lol

Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
^That.

Low offset wheels look STUPID with springs. No one has ever pulled that look off with springs.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
"gaise, I kneed halp, how do I do this!??!!!!3$&!!?"

Here's the steps*******

"I'm gonna do it completely different than that"

It's not going to work like you think. Been there, done that.

"u gaise r asshoelz. U don't no, y u b mean. I'm out"

Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by eurobeaner
"gaise, I kneed halp, how do I do this!??!!!!3$&!!?"

Here's the steps*******

"I'm gonna do it completely different than that"

It's not going to work like you think. Been there, done that.

"u gaise r asshoelz. U don't no, y u b mean. I'm out"

This pretty much. I was trying to be nice. When a bunch of people tell you it's better to do it X way and you still say "well i'm going to do Y" it's like talking to a brick wall and care-o-meter drops to 0.

At the end of the day OP, it's your car, do what you want with it. But you've been advised. Can you drop the car with springs? Yes. Will it look good with aggressive wheels? Overwhelming forum response is NO.

But if you finish it all up and you think it looks good, well, I guess that's all that matters really. Good luck.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 AM
i dont get how you think you can achieve the same result with springs as you can with coils?

Quick Reply: Fitment assistance, 16x8 e20