2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Tires size

Old 10-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Tires size

I need help on what tires install on my car, has installed a 225/55 / R16 , and I think they see the car too high and looks like a jeep, my car is a 2009 FIT Sport and saw a 185/55/R16 comes standard, but I think they are a bit narrow , I was thinking to install a 205/50 / R16 , what do you think?

Old 10-11-2014, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Dozens of people have done it. If you'd read ANY threads as research you'd see that.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
it's so much of a question that tirerack specifically wrote an article for the 2G fit sport. (Perhaps that tirerack employee owns a fit sport?)

205/50-16 Tires for Your Honda Fit Sport - The Truth About Tires | Tire Rack

There are plenty of suggestions there, as well as in many threads here as noted by mike

Old 10-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Tpms

My TPMS light is on, it could be due to the size of tires it have?

Old 10-12-2014, 02:21 PM
TPMS is unrelated to tire size The car has no way of even knowing what size tires you have.

If it's the TPMS light, you have some problem with a sensor—either not correctly paired, or a broken sensor, or one with a battery that's dead. If it's the (_!_) sort of light, you have a tire with low pressure. (If you have a 2015 Fit, things are a little bit different...and you're posting in the wrong category.)

Old 10-12-2014, 05:21 PM
My fit is 2009 sport

Originally Posted by DrewE
TPMS is unrelated to tire size The car has no way of even knowing what size tires you have.

If it's the TPMS light, you have some problem with a sensor—either not correctly paired, or a broken sensor, or one with a battery that's dead. If it's the (_!_) sort of light, you have a tire with low pressure. (If you have a 2015 Fit, things are a little bit different...and you're posting in the wrong category.)

Old 10-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Is there any way to tell which sensor is defective?

The sensor is inside tire?

Originally Posted by DrewE

Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM
The sensors are inside the tire, yes—they're kind of built into the valve stems actually. I think you need special tools to figure out which one is giving trouble. The proper code should be able to tell the ID of the one that's bad, but I don't know whether it reports tire positions or not...and not all code readers can get/interpret that data, certainly most of the less expensive generic ones cannot.

At least, that's my understanding. Maybe someone here knows of a way to figure it out. The sensors do have a limited life (mainly due to their internal battery going dead), and as I recall six years is not unreasonable for it to be about up, so it may be easiest in the long run to just replace them all with new ones. Replacing them does require reprogramming the car with the new IDs, which most decent tire shops can do, or you can do yourself with a third-party programmer tool.

It's all a bit of a pain, really, and doubly so if you swap wheels on a somewhat regular basis (because the car can only be paired with one set of sensors at a time). I guess overall it does help safety as a lot of people aren't too diligent about checking their tire pressures. Some other vehicles have more sophisticated TPMS systems that can give a readout of the pressure of all the tires individually on the dashboard screen, which would be nice for checking up on them, but the Fit's is too simple for that to be a possibility.