2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Honda fit sport 2013 tires ?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned
Honda fit sport 2013 tires ?????

I like to enjoy the sport and handling of my honda fit what are the best tires i should put on it?????? I like to enjoy the sportiness of the honda fit and how it grabs the ground thats the kind of feeling i like when i drive it.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
check out tirerack.com to see various tires available and reviews, surveys.

i personally run RE760 in the summer and DWS in the cooler months on my '12.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned
Poopy

I know i could check websites and stuff I'm asking for peoples opinions

Old 10-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Wtf..

Originally Posted by jabullajr
uhh... i gave you two tires i use in my post.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Well in general wider the tire is and lower the profile (tire height) the better is handling and better is course stability and road feedback. As for better grip (besides wider tire) you probably need summer tires with large flat thread patterns (ideally all flat pattern like in F1) - sleeks , but those are dangerous for wet roads - groves are needed too. Then again for winter season - winter tires are much better - they have better grip due to softer rubber compound they are made of, but I don't think it's a god idea to test grip in winter roads. However, this is just a portion of what you need. For better handling and grip - you might also consider lowering your car, changing stock shocks and springs, putting larger diameter sway bars (rear and front), bigger calipers, and so on. Just my 2c.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit2009BaseAT
Well in general wider the tire is and lower the profile (tire height) the better is handling and better is course stability and road feedback. As for better grip (besides wider tire) you probably need summer tires with large flat thread patterns (ideally all flat pattern like in F1) - sleeks , but those are dangerous for wet roads - groves are needed too. Then again for winter season - winter tires are much better - they have better grip due to softer rubber compound they are made of, but I don't think it's a god idea to test grip in winter roads. However, this is just a portion of what you need. For better handling and grip - you might also consider lowering your car, changing stock shocks and springs, putting larger diameter sway bars (rear and front), bigger calipers, and so on. Just my 2c.
WHAT?

So much misinformation in one post.

1.) Tire profile does not change maximum grip levels. A taller sidewall will be softer, possibly resulting in more roll onto the sidewall & diminished turn-in...but guess what, wider tires can do that as well.

2.) They're slicks, not sleeks.

3.) Lowering your car oftentimes DOES NOT improve handling.

4.) Larger sway bars do not guarantee improved handling, that is very influenced by how you drive the car, IE: your driving style and its traits combined with the car and the other various modifications/settings.

5.) Bigger brake calipers have no influence on handling...or even necessarily improving braking. Oftentimes bigger brakes = more weight which means diminished acceleration, slower turn-in, etc. They also take longer to get to peak operating temps, something you don't want if you're just hitting the occasional on-ramp.

If you are concerned with the OEM brakes not feeling strong/aggressive enough, simply replace the pads/fluids/lines with something more sporting-oriented.

OP, you should really do research. The anecdotal evidence of a couple of forum members should probably not sway your decisions too much.

Kenchan recommended two great tires above.

You could also simply buy another set of SP7000, or get a basic summer performance tire, such as a Yokohama S.Drive.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
WHAT?

So much misinformation in one post.

1.) Tire profile does not change maximum grip levels. A taller sidewall will be softer, possibly resulting in more roll onto the sidewall & diminished turn-in...but guess what, wider tires can do that as well.

2.) They're slicks, not sleeks.

3.) Lowering your car oftentimes DOES NOT improve handling.

4.) Larger sway bars do not guarantee improved handling, that is very influenced by how you drive the car, IE: your driving style and its traits combined with the car and the other various modifications/settings.

5.) Bigger brake calipers have no influence on handling...or even necessarily improving braking. Oftentimes bigger brakes = more weight which means diminished acceleration, slower turn-in, etc. They also take longer to get to peak operating temps, something you don't want if you're just hitting the occasional on-ramp.
Yes you are right. I was just giving my opinion based on general knowledge (maybe wrong in some points). English is not my first language, as you've probably guessed by now. My point was to say that tires alone are just "half of equation", since OP was a little vague in what he really wants.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yes you are right. I was just giving my opinion based on general knowledge (maybe wrong in some points). English is not my first language, as you've probably guessed by now. My point was to say that tires alone are just "half of equation", since OP was a little vague in what he really wants.
The OP said he likes how the car drives as is.

Thus, just get tires with similar characteristics to OEM.

Simple as pie.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
I like to enjoy the sport and handling of my honda fit what are the best tires i should put on it?????? I like to enjoy the sportiness of the honda fit and how it grabs the ground thats the kind of feeling i like when i drive it.
I got yokohama avid ascends on mine (stock size) and I'm loving them. They feel noticeably more "grippy" than the stock dunlops

Old 10-25-2014, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydnality
I got yokohama avid ascends on mine (stock size) and I'm loving them. They feel noticeably more "grippy" than the stock dunlops
I disagree with this.

I also put Ascends on my car....and I find them even less 'sporting' than the OEM Dunlops.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I disagree with this.

I also put Ascends on my car....and I find them even less 'sporting' than the OEM Dunlops.
It take a little bit to break them in... in that period they felt really vague... but after enough miles on them they started feeling really good.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydnality
Same here-I got these last April and find my mpg has improved - a bit more quiet than the Dunlops that came with the car. Have yet to drive in the snow with them, but others have reported they do well in light to moderate snow which is what we get where I live. Have lived in Colorado over 25 years and no need for snow tires.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
If you like the way the stock tires feel and aren't planning on changing rims you may just want to stick to the stock tire size. Lot's of people, including myself, have gone to 205/50/R16 size tires which are almost an inch wider than stock. But on the narrow 6" wide stock rims the 205 width tires tend to have a "rolling over" feeling under hard cornering. Some of this can be alleviated by running high air pressure in the tire (40psi or higher), but the ride really starts to get rough. I'm planning on going with some 7" wide rims eventually and sticking with 205 width tires because I like the extra overall grip they provide and like the way the wider tires look.

-Dustin

Old 10-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
If you like the way the stock tires feel and aren't planning on changing rims you may just want to stick to the stock tire size. Lot's of people, including myself, have gone to 205/50/R16 size tires which are almost an inch wider than stock. But on the narrow 6" wide stock rims the 205 width tires tend to have a "rolling over" feeling under hard cornering. Some of this can be alleviated by running high air pressure in the tire (40psi or higher), but the ride really starts to get rough. I'm planning on going with some 7" wide rims eventually and sticking with 205 width tires because I like the extra overall grip they provide and like the way the wider tires look.

-Dustin
I was just wondering if wider tires (and possibly heavier/larger rims)reduce MPG slightly in your experience or acceleration? Thanks.
P.S. the reason I ask is I'm considering going one size up to 16'' rims and still not sure what tires to get; so MPG and acceleration is something I don't want to reduce to be honest.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
I was just wondering if wider tires (and possibly heavier/larger rims)reduce MPG slightly in your experience or acceleration? Thanks.
P.S. the reason I ask is I'm considering going one size up to 16'' rims and still not sure what tires to get; so MPG and acceleration is something I don't want to reduce to be honest.
Oh sorry, I assumed you had a Sport model with 16"x6" rims and 185/55/R16 tires. It sounds like yours is a base model with 15" rims.

Some people have said that their gas mileage hasn't been affected by going with wider tires, but my experience has been that it drops gas mileage by about 1 or 2 MPG. I think it's a combination of the wider tires having a little bit higher rolling resistance (unless you go with low rolling resistance ones) and the wider tires being a couple of pounds heavier than the stock Dunlops. Since they're wider they also create a little more drag at highway speeds just because you're slightly increasing the frontal area of the car.

If you're planning on changing rims anyway just make sure you get really light ones, something like the Enkei RPF1's, and it should minimize the affect on your gas mileage and acceleration.

I personally have my eyes fixed on a set of Kosei K1 TS wheels in the 17"x7" size with 205/45/R17 tires. These rims even in the 17" size are about 2.5 pounds lighter each than my stock 16"x6" Sport wheels.

-Dustin

Old 10-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
Oh sorry, I assumed you had a Sport model with 16"x6" rims and 185/55/R16 tires. It sounds like yours is a base model with 15" rims.

Some people have said that their gas mileage hasn't been affected by going with wider tires, but my experience has been that it drops gas mileage by about 1 or 2 MPG. I think it's a combination of the wider tires having a little bit higher rolling resistance (unless you go with low rolling resistance ones) and the wider tires being a couple of pounds heavier than the stock Dunlops. Since they're wider they also create a little more drag at highway speeds just because you're slightly increasing the frontal area of the car.

If you're planning on changing rims anyway just make sure you get really light ones, something like the Enkei RPF1's, and it should minimize the affect on your gas mileage and acceleration.

I personally have my eyes fixed on a set of Kosei K1 TS wheels in the 17"x7" size with 205/45/R17 tires. These rims even in the 17" size are about 2.5 pounds lighter each than my stock 16"x6" Sport wheels.

-Dustin
Thank you!

Old 11-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
If y9ou are looking for the best handling tire for the Fit Sport I would go with the Dunlop Direzza Z2 Starspec in a 205/50R16. They are as close to an R compound tire in a street tire for the car. I have driven on these and they are excellent.
If I can help let me know.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jim@tirerack
If y9ou are looking for the best handling tire for the Fit Sport I would go with the Dunlop Direzza Z2 Starspec in a 205/50R16. They are as close to an R compound tire in a street tire for the car. I have driven on these and they are excellent.
If I can help let me know.
Hi Jim this is an old thread but do you still recommend this tire and if so how are they on potholes? What is an R compound tire?
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Nitto NeoGens, pretty cheap and alright performance. Tread isn't the longest lasting, but 3 summers on mine I think I have 3 more.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks they look pretty nice too.
Be safe and be well,
Originally Posted by SeEnCreaTive
Nitto NeoGens, pretty cheap and alright performance. Tread isn't the longest lasting, but 3 summers on mine I think I have 3 more.

Quick Reply: Honda fit sport 2013 tires ?????