3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Turbo kit... waiting... waiting...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Turbo kit... waiting... waiting...

Is there any company close to releasing a kit for our 2015 cars? I'm getting ancy / eager to purchase one when something is released. I imagine the tuning hasn't been figured out and that's the reason for the delay?

Annoyed because my other car has no tuning options yet either. I'm being forced to retain my warranties..

Old 12-30-2014, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danski
I imagine the tuning hasn't been figured out and that's the reason for the delay?
you are correct. the DI engine tuning is a whole different ballgame, and it hasn't been cracked yet. the rest of the install is fairly easy and straight forward, but the tuning is the big hiccup.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Not exactly true, J's has already flashed a GK over here. And KTuner or whatever has sent a device to Myxl???? for datalogging his ECU and he'll have Vit do a tune based off the logs.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Is there any company close to releasing a kit for our 2015 cars? I'm getting ancy / eager to purchase one when something is released. I imagine the tuning hasn't been figured out and that's the reason for the delay?

Annoyed because my other car has no tuning options yet either. I'm being forced to retain my warranties..
check into the kit offered for the CRZ from Honda.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Not exactly true, J's has already flashed a GK over here.
regardless, it is not common (read: cheap) knowledge yet. once hondata offers something (which may or may not happen) then it should be in reach of the average consumer.

i have an "in" with J's racing, so i will contact them. i exported the LHD drive yellow AP2 for them in 2004, and they flew to the states and tuned one of my cars back in the day.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Big money

Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney
regardless, it is not common (read: cheap) knowledge yet. once hondata offers something (which may or may not happen) then it should be in reach of the average consumer.

i have an "in" with J's racing, so i will contact them. i exported the LHD drive yellow AP2 for them in 2004, and they flew to the states and tuned one of my cars back in the day.
The thing is, as much as I appreciate all that Doug and Derek have given to the Honda world in regards to tuning, if they sit idly by with the GK as they have done with the GE (after much interest on this very forum) and another option with KTuner is available, people need not wait around on Hondata any longer. And the KTuner option seems to be cheaper to boot.

They (Js) will tell you that their ECU flash is for the JDM market with no real plans to hit the US market, same as they did for the GE, unfortunately as they could make a decent profit with just flashes in North America. That's cool, they are all good people and they currently have my Fit now doing an engine and sussy rebuild.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:35 PM
There were several boosted GK's at SEMA, so bolt-on kits won't be too far off.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
The thing is, as much as I appreciate all that Doug and Derek have given to the Honda world in regards to tuning, if they sit idly by with the GK as they have done with the GE (after much interest on this very forum) and another option with KTuner is available, people need not wait around on Hondata any longer. And the KTuner option seems to be cheaper to boot.

They (Js) will tell you that their ECU flash is for the JDM market with no real plans to hit the US market, same as they did for the GE, unfortunately as they could make a decent profit with just flashes in North America. That's cool, they are all good people and they currently have my Fit now doing an engine and sussy rebuild.
J's Racing and Hondata both are not interested in the GK, as far as tuning goes. Already asked them and posted about it in two different threads. Sorry!

Ktuner is working on the GK as we speak. The direct injection is proving to be a challenge as well as deciphering some of the other 'ECU language'. I've only had the opportunity to reflash and change cam angles to see how the car perform. Nothing yet as far as ignition, air/fuel ratios, etc.

Look at one of the Sticky's above for the --> Kenny V Edition Fit He has turbo'd the L15B engine (Bisimoto totally changed the engine so a no go there). The shop's name that did Kenny's turbo is called Full Time Fabrications. Click the link I provided to Kenny's thread. Click here --> Full Time Fabrications Facebook for their Facebook page.
Here is Full Time Fabrication's address -->
1435 51st
North Bergen New Jersey 07046
Your Newest Source for Custom Drag Race Fabrication!!

Here is their number -->
(201) 867-2513

****I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU****

I just called Full Time Fabrications (As I Was Typing This). I talked to a gentleman by the name of 'Kevin' there. They built the turbo kit for Kenny.

Guess what!?! They will make you a kit too as well. All you have to do is give them a call and make it happen. You no longer have to wait on anyone.

Good luck on your ventures!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 02-10-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member

I forgot to add....since it says you are from Scottsdale, Arizona.....

You can purchase an AEM fuel management system and have these guys tune it for you -->
Arizona

Dyno-Comp Inc
8295 E. Raintree Dr., Ste. A,
Scottsdale, AZ 85260 -
T-480.596.0500
F-480.596.0544
The ONLY All-Wheel-Drive Dynamometer Tuning Facility in the State of Arizona. Dyno-Comp specializes in 2WD & AWD Dyno tuning, sale and installation of race proven bolt-on competition components that provide the ultimate in performance, handling, and appearance for Subaru WRX, Audi, and many other turbo charged super-cars.

They are right in your backyard. Have fun!

Old 03-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Ebay turbo charger. NOT A DIRECT BOLT ON. Sorry if this is a repost:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-BOOST-TURBO-CHARGER-GT3071R-BALL-BEARING-FG2-FA5-EK-EG-AP2-AP1-CB-CD-/291409011491?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item43d954a323&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp