Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   exhaust system help within price range, <$400? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/88293-exhaust-system-help-within-price-range-400-a.html)

Honda4Life15 01-23-2016 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1333575)
I've been saying this for over a year now. That stock exhaust is not straight through. You can't even see straight through it. I took pics and posted previously. There's no way you are not going to get at least a little power increase from going with a straight through design. Especially if the metal in the straight through pipe does not interrupt the exhaust flow.

Yes, it's wayyy more efficient for the engine to breathe out. I just need a cold air intake to maximize the efficiency, breathe in and out as efficiently as possible. With the stock exhaust, under heavy engine load, I felt that the car was really straining, but with the HKS the engine enjoys being pushed to any rpm.

kingjerry14 01-23-2016 05:30 PM

What do you all think of HKS Hi-Power Spec-L Exhaust? I know it's a bit out of the price range...

2Rismo2 01-23-2016 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by kingjerry14 (Post 1333580)
What do you all think of HKS Hi-Power Spec-L Exhaust? I know it's a bit out of the price range...

I don't think that's going to fit the GK, it says it's for the GE. Even on HKS site:http://www.hksusa.com/32016-ah029-hi-power-spec-l-exhaust/

kingjerry14 01-23-2016 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1333592)
I don't think that's going to fit the GK, it says it's for the GE. Even on HKS site:32016-AH029 Hi-Power SPEC-L Exhaust - HKS USA

Aww. I didn't check that far. Just saw it when I searched for 2015 Honda Fit so I assumed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Honda4Life15 01-23-2016 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by kingjerry14 (Post 1333580)

The Spec-L is really nice, but not sure how that set up would be compatible with the GK5. I think just a single straight through pipe is the best in regard to efficiency. But if your going for aesthetics the Spec-L is the way I'd go. It'd be more efficient than the Cool Style I think.

345ge8RS5mt 01-23-2016 06:45 PM

Go for yonaka it's $259shipped!

LeFreakyBone 01-24-2016 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Honda4Life15 (Post 1333572)
Perfect!!! Well done, will surely never be disappointed with the quality of that exhaust. It's top notch quality in materials and sound, completely unique and sets you in a class of your own from the fart cannons and moron obnoxious blaring American muscle cars. It is a proper, reserved Japanese sports car, like the design behind the new NSX, not trying to prove anything, holds it's own, doesn't follow others, just pure sound and excellent quality that stands the test of time.

Thanks! I actually enjoy my commutes now haha.

Now I'm considering lowering the springs. THMotorsports has TEIN springs on sale for $176.61 marked down from $315. The description says it lowers the car by 1.6 inches though so I'm not sure if that'll be too much. I think the fit will look great though, lowered and with the HKS exhaust.

Honda4Life15 01-24-2016 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone (Post 1333682)
Thanks! I actually enjoy my commutes now haha.

Now I'm considering lowering the springs. THMotorsports has TEIN springs on sale for $176.61 marked down from $315. The description says it lowers the car by 1.6 inches though so I'm not sure if that'll be too much. I think the fit will look great though, lowered and with the HKS exhaust.

Yeah, I've been looking into lowering springs as well. The Tanabe springs lower the car just slightly, the Eibach's lower about 1.6 inches like the Tein's, but have a 1 million mile warranty, I'd rather go with the Eibach's for the same result as Tein's, a little more expensive though, ur call on that.
Also, the car would look excellent on 16inch Eibach RPF-1's as well, was thinking of going with a wheel/tire package from Tirerack, moving out of the junk OEM tires and throw some durable Michelin Premiers with the Eibach's wheels, would be perfect, and would make the tires flush with the fenders without spacers. I think I'd rather get the wheels/tires done first before lowerig springs and I'm at 37k miles on the car, not much tread on the stock tires... Not sure what to do.