3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

sound clip from Tanabe Medalion exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:17 PM
sound clip from Tanabe Medalion exhaust ?

Anybody has a sound clip of the new Tanabe Medalion for the GK5 ?

I was looking for a cat back exhaust but so far no luck. I came upon this axle back and it looks really great (much better then the HKS IMHO). It's expensive as well.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by mikeDF
Anybody has a sound clip of the new Tanabe Medalion for the GK5 ?

I was looking for a cat back exhaust but so far no luck. I came upon this axle back and it looks really great (much better then the HKS IMHO). It's expensive as well.
Youtube is your friend.

U R Welcome... I want this too but not paying cat back exhaust prices for axle back. I'll do megan racing. sounds similar.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:05 AM
the second vid is with cats

Old 04-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Old 04-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Thank you. I've seen these. I wanted to know if the sound on the 2015 will be about the same. The motor is new so the sound could be different as well.

Also, if you look around you can find it at much more decent prices than what Tanabe asks for on their site.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Thank you. I've seen these. I wanted to know if the sound on the 2015 will be about the same. The motor is new so the sound could be different as well.

Also, if you look around you can find it at much more decent prices than what Tanabe asks for on their site.
U wont hear vtec in the cvt but 6spd yes. twin cam of new motor should be a little deeper to more air getting in the motor.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Those vids are a different motor and a different exhaust. Won't sound the same.

I've been looking as well, haven't been able to find videos either. The user joined the forum and posted once then disappeared. He posted a pic on IG, but hasn't posted a video yet.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
U wont hear vtec in the cvt but 6spd yes. twin cam of new motor should be a little deeper to more air getting in the motor.
I'll be damned. I thought it was an SOHC. Many sites are still listing it as a single cam motor.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Those vids are a different motor and a different exhaust. Won't sound the same.

I've been looking as well, haven't been able to find videos either. The user joined the forum and posted once then disappeared. He posted a pic on IG, but hasn't posted a video yet.
It's only been out for about a month now. The pictures can be found on Tanabe's site. Since they have pictures of the car, there is no reason why there is no video with sound clip. It shouldn't be long before somebody gets it and sends something to youtube.

The general sound from the Medalion series is somewhat subdued. The tone is deep but never loud like the HKS.

For looks alone, it's hard to beat. The only exhaust that I've seen that looked better than this was a twin central outlet from a company called Zeus. It was on a hybrid Fit/Jazz from Japan. I've tried to find more info on it but apart from a few youtube clips, nothing.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Administrator
My video and my old exhaust

I actually never heard this exhaust in person prior to purchasing for my GE and was very happy with the exhaust note. GK peeps should feel just as confident in purchasing

Old 04-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Waiz
My video and my old exhaust

I actually never heard this exhaust in person prior to purchasing for my GE and was very happy with the exhaust note. GK peeps should feel just as confident in purchasing
Can you hear the exhaust note through the cabin at least at WOT ?

Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Can you hear the exhaust note through the cabin at least at WOT ?
You always hear the exhaust even more so at WOT but not in a ridiculous way

This like it's name suggests is a true Touring exhaust and compliments the car well without causing your neighbors to complain

Old 04-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Waiz
You always hear the exhaust even more so at WOT but not in a ridiculous way

This like it's name suggests is a true Touring exhaust and compliments the car well without causing your neighbors to complain
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I had a Borla exhaust before and you could barely hear it under 3000 RPM but it would come to life soon after that and by 5000 RPM or so, it would really roar. I wish they made one for the Fit but I don't think that's going to happen. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 PM
I wrote to Tanabe USA the other day to know if there was a video/sound clip of the Medalion exhaust for the 2015 Fit and their response was that there was none at this time but would be in the near future.

I guess we will hear the sound of the exhaust from an actual user before they post one !

I'm tempted to bite the bullet anyway and get it.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:25 PM
I was all set to buy it but I got an email from the dealer telling me the exhaust is not available yet !

It should be available by the end of June.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Youtube is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSMXfIDCJU

U R Welcome... I want this too but not paying cat back exhaust prices for axle back. I'll do megan racing. sounds similar.
At 0:39! ^^^^YES!! This video right here.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Doh! That sucks, I hate that feeling of about to pull the trigger then being let down. It'll be here before ya know it.

I was all set to buy it but I got an email from the dealer telling me the exhaust is not available yet !

It should be available by the end of June.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member

Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
Doh! That sucks, I hate that feeling of about to pull the trigger then being let down. It'll be here before ya know it.
What bothers me most is that some dealers have it on sale now. Some don't even mention it's not available yet. The least they can do is mention it's a pre-order. I don't mind ordering in advance if it's a 1-2 week wait but it probably won't be out for another 2 months.

Who knows, maybe by that time other manufacturers will put out a cat back. The one on the Mugen project GK5 is not out and could possibly never be mass produced. HPD ?, Greddy ? , Skunk2 ?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Tanabe wrote back to me saying end of June or later for the exhaust and the strut bar.

Quick Reply: sound clip from Tanabe Medalion exhaust ?