3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Aem Intake for 2015 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:18 AM
Since this has been out in the market for a while, has any other manufacturer come forward with an intake?

Old 01-20-2016, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Just a thought,,, the Mazda Miata intake that makes the most power, is not a CAI, it stretches back to the driver firewall right by the fender much like this intake does, its exploiting the high pressure air zone there, which gives more power than just the colder air..

YMMV!

Old 01-20-2016, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Just a thought,,, the Mazda Miata intake that makes the most power, is not a CAI, it stretches back to the driver firewall right by the fender much like this intake does, its exploiting the high pressure air zone there, which gives more power than just the colder air..

YMMV!
Do you have a point of reference for this? Not saying you aren't telling the truth. I just like reading about this stuff.

I ask because as soon as I saw this, I searched and found a link called 'The Great Miata Intake Shootout'.

The Great Miata Intake Shootout - Sport Compact Car

It shows a Racing Beat High Flow Intake, an HKS Super Megaflow Intake and a Jackson Racing Cold Air Intake. The HKS Super Megaflow goes back to the firewall like the AEM. It made the least horsepower and torque and had the highest intake air temperature.

That's why I asked....

Old 02-01-2016, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
I've emailed THMotorsports to verify, but the below is an exciting prospect~

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake HONDA FIT

Old 02-02-2016, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
After a follow up call to THMotorsports, looks like Weapon-R is indeed working on one, but it's not available yet. No time frame available.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Do you have a point of reference for this? Not saying you aren't telling the truth. I just like reading about this stuff.

I ask because as soon as I saw this, I searched and found a link called 'The Great Miata Intake Shootout'.

The Great Miata Intake Shootout - Sport Compact Car

It shows a Racing Beat High Flow Intake, an HKS Super Megaflow Intake and a Jackson Racing Cold Air Intake. The HKS Super Megaflow goes back to the firewall like the AEM. It made the least horsepower and torque and had the highest intake air temperature.

That's why I asked....
Should find some images if you google SPEC Miata the first two gens use it. Its a long trumpet that almost hits the drivers fender at the rear. This is the one actually: Miatacage.com. Straight Shot Intake in about 2 years since I was working on them at the track but all the top 10 runners in SCCA up here had these. Gave the best high end pull down the straight without losing the grunt out of the corners.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Should find some images if you google SPEC Miata the first two gens use it. Its a long trumpet that almost hits the drivers fender at the rear. This is the one actually: Miatacage.com. Straight Shot Intake in about 2 years since I was working on them at the track but all the top 10 runners in SCCA up here had these. Gave the best high end pull down the straight without losing the grunt out of the corners.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 02-02-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
CARiD came back on the Weapon-R intake for #327.50 +shipping. Not impressed when there's several sites showing backordered at $269 with free shipping. Still working on a reasonable vendor.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
CARiD came back on the Weapon-R intake for #327.50 +shipping. Not impressed when there's several sites showing backordered at $269 with free shipping. Still working on a reasonable vendor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Fit-2015-1-5L-Secret-Weapon-R-Cold-Air-Intake-System-Kit-/281899651882

Best price I've seen. Any dyno numbers out there or are you just buying for shiny bits lol?

The AEM kit seems to draw air from the rear of the bay. Any idea how the Weapon-R is situated?

Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Fit-2015-1-5L-Secret-Weapon-R-Cold-Air-Intake-System-Kit-/281899651882

Best price I've seen. Any dyno numbers out there or are you just buying for shiny bits lol?

The AEM kit seems to draw air from the rear of the bay. Any idea how the Weapon-R is situated?
Yeah, I called the company that posted that on E-Bay to request more info. I'm not planning on going to hard with engine mods. Mostly doing it for the sound. I want "foxy" to be fun with out killing the warranty or the bank. Should match up nicely to my HKS exhaust.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
I contacted the seller directly and he should be sending some pics of the item and fitment tomorrow. Will provide the deets if all is kosher.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Blake from the quality-vertical-doors was fast at getting me some pics. If you see below, the intake is front facing and does have the bung for the sensors. Just ordered mine. He said it should be to me by Monday and I'll be installing it as soon as it arrives. Will post pics when done. $214.64 SHIPPED!!

Honda Fit 2015 1 5L Secret Weapon R Cold Air Intake System Kit | eBay

Old 02-16-2016, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for posting up the pics. I've been wanting to post up for a long time but had to keep my mouth shut.

Interesting! It doesn't look any different that the version I saw over a year ago or so. Since it's officially out I'll post up the pic.

I don't think it'll be as bad as the AEM sucking in hot air over the transmission. However, here is my suggestion.

1) Remove that air filter and toss it/sell it,
2) Replace it with a PRM air filter or another one like it. Here's another example of enclosed air filters --> http://itgairfilters.com/category/ma...filters-alloy/
3) Connect the open end of the air filter to your stock air inlet, where it is coming in at over the radiator.

You will be GOLDEN! With 'cold' air constantly feeding your car. This intake will be ideal for manual tranny guys as the longer tubing will help with your midrange (3500rpm - 5500rpm). Us CVT guys don't utilize the midrange as much but during full throttle, while simply mashing the gas pedal, it'll help. The metal may have a tendency to heat up over time while idling but the air coming in from the grill will cool it off while driving.

That's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 02-17-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:51 AM
It's not really a cold air system but seems better designed than the AEM. At least there is a second option.

Does WeaponR have any dyno info on this modification ?

DannyJ7, let us know how the installation went and your impressions when you get it.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
They both look awful. I put intakes on just about everything I've ever owned but to me every option for the GK Fit looks like a substantial step back in design, both in form and function.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:41 PM
They both seem to have tight areas and still exposed to hot air. I just ordered the AEM and figure some modifications on the air inlets would help.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by atvfit16
They both seem to have tight areas and still exposed to hot air. I just ordered the AEM and figure some modifications on the air inlets would help.
The AEM will be fine. That's what I'm going to get. Remove the splash guard under the air inlet tubing from the stock intake above the radiator by popping out the push button caps that hold the air inlet tubing for the for the stock intake. That'll let a bunch more air into the engine. No need for a splash guard anymore since the AEM intake cone filter faces the firewall.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
On a stock motor upping pressure will always give performance,, a much higher percent than cooling the air temp a few degrees.. Once you add forced induction then the temp matters a lot.. Its all a balance of variables.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
First impressions are great! Butt dyno says go fast. No audible difference to exhaust. 15 minute install.

Looks clean!

Opens a lot of room in the bay

Old 02-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
First impressions are great! Butt dyno says go fast. No audible difference to exhaust. 15 minute install.
Where did you get that sway bar? Would love to purchase one. Any more mods that you have done?

Quick Reply: Aem Intake for 2015 Fit