3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Finally! Tanabe Medalion Touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Finally! Tanabe Medalion Touring

The 4 month wait is over and it was worth it. I originally bought the Bisi because it was all that was out. I hated the drone, the "pops" in between shifts, and their customer service, for a lack of a better word, blows.

The Tanabe's quality is excellent. The hangers line up perfectly and once they're on the flange lines up perfectly too. The spring bolts go in like butter and the flange is threaded so there's no extra nuts or washers. All you need to install is one 12mm socket.

Sounds wise on idle is just a little louder than stock. WOT its deep and loud, and freeway there's no drone. It's not a "hey look at my loud car" exhaust which is exactly what I wanted. The video they put out doesn't do this justice. You hear the injectors more in their video than the exhaust. The exhaust it self sounds awesome.

Thanks to http://www.blacktrax.net for the deal. I recommend these guys too.

My iPhone video skills aren't the best either,but here's a quick vid

Pics-

Last edited by roksta; 07-19-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added video
Old 07-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Can you upload a video so I can hear the sound?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Okay, so where can I order one, please? Not listed on the blacktrax site.

es

Old 07-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Arspangl
Can you upload a video so I can hear the sound?
Im working on it. YouTubes still processing it.

Originally Posted by stembridge
Okay, so where can I order one, please? Not listed on the blacktrax site.
You have to call or email them. They'll take care of you. Here's the part # T70185A

Old 07-20-2015, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roksta
You have to call or email them. They'll take care of you. Here's the part # T70185A
Email sent - thx!

es

Old 07-20-2015, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Well, poo. They don't have it in stock, and September is the earliest they expect any more.

es

Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Well, poo. They don't have it in stock, and September is the earliest they expect any more.

es
That's a bummer. Sorry

Old 07-22-2015, 01:28 PM
installation

is it pretty easy to install?

Old 07-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by yuffers
is it pretty easy to install?
Just 2 hangers and 2 bolts. I put the car up on ramps so I could get under it. Really easy.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
wow, sounds much better in your video than the one Tanabe posted. nice pick up

Old 07-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Does this upgrade mess up the warranty??

Originally Posted by roksta
The 4 month wait is over and it was worth it. I originally bought the Bisi because it was all that was out. I hated the drone, the "pops" in between shifts, and their customer service, for a lack of a better word, blows.

The Tanabe's quality is excellent. The hangers line up perfectly and once they're on the flange lines up perfectly too. The spring bolts go in like butter and the flange is threaded so there's no extra nuts or washers. All you need to install is one 12mm socket.

Sounds wise on idle is just a little louder than stock. WOT its deep and loud, and freeway there's no drone. It's not a "hey look at my loud car" exhaust which is exactly what I wanted. The video they put out doesn't do this justice. You hear the injectors more in their video than the exhaust. The exhaust it self sounds awesome.

Thanks to http://www.blacktrax.net for the deal. I recommend these guys too.

My iPhone video skills aren't the best either,but here's a quick vid Tanabe Medalion Touring 2015 Honda Fit GK5 - YouTube

Pics-

Does this mess with the warranty?

Old 07-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by marcn24
Really depends on what you're trying to warranty. Just swap it back if you're worried.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marcn24
Without getting technical, ask your dealership. I know it doesn't void your warranty but it would be a hassle to go through for you if someone at your dealership thinks otherwise. If you are concerned, it's probably best to keep your vehicle stock (No changes).

Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Looks awesome. I'm still kind of underwhelmed with the sound though. I'll wait until next year and see if Borla makes one directly for it or for HPD and if not, I'll probably get this one.

Thanks for posting the vid.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Administrator
Looking good!

For those who are not impressed with the sound you can have your stock resonator revoved and that makes a huge difference in volume

Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 AM
I cant wait to void my warranty.

1/3 of they way there, in 7 months of pwnership.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM
warranty issues?

Usually, dealerships will be concerned by lower grade parts that are bought off of ebay and generally copied from other well known manufacturers with lower grade materials and fitment issues. Sometimes the vehicle or part has to be seriously modified to put these parts on. Show them you are putting quality parts made expressly for your car model that are guaranteed and there will be no fuss. If there is, go somewhere else.

The only time where I had an issue (on my previous car) was when I installed aftermarket springs. They said it would void the suspension system warranty. Honda said the same thing when I installed Swift springs on my Fit 2015. That's understandable because it changes the whole behavior of the OEM suspension but for an axle back muffler that's made for a specific car model and involves no moving parts ???

Old 08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I just ordered one, and we'll see how long it takes to get here. When I checked a month or so ago, no-one had them in stock.

UPDATE 16 September 2015 - just got notice the exhaust has shipped (from Japan, presumably). These vendors need to be more up-front that there will be a long delay between placing an order and the item actually shipping.

es

Last edited by stembridge; 09-16-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Any updates? I've looked at a few exhaust for the gk5 an this one seems to be the best looking one and not too loud. Was it easy to install?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Iam4fitness
Any updates? I've looked at a few exhaust for the gk5 an this one seems to be the best looking one and not too loud. Was it easy to install?
Sure, in my mod thread. It really sounds great wound out to redline!

es

Quick Reply: Finally! Tanabe Medalion Touring