3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Finally! Tanabe Medalion Touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
This sounds great. Like... really. It sounds a lot like the custom exhaust on my I6 BMW. I'm getting in touch with blacktrax right now because of this video lol.

How is it on the highway? Do you have MT? The RPMs stay pretty high with the gearing of the 6 speed so my only worry is about how bearable it is on the highway.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Also, I wanted to ask, any issues with the exhaust itself staining the back lower part of your bumper? It looks a little recessed in there, and a little close since there is no cutout in our bumpers, so that's my only real worry other than highway drone.

Originally Posted by 1speedbike
This sounds great. Like... really. It sounds a lot like the custom exhaust on my I6 BMW. I'm getting in touch with blacktrax right now because of this video lol.

How is it on the highway? Do you have MT? The RPMs stay pretty high with the gearing of the 6 speed so my only worry is about how bearable it is on the highway.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Also, I wanted to ask, any issues with the exhaust itself staining the back lower part of your bumper? It looks a little recessed in there, and a little close since there is no cutout in our bumpers, so that's my only real worry other than highway drone.
The stock exhaust pipe isn't recessed in there?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
drool.
looks really good! congrats on your purchase.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:28 PM

It's not bad at all and there's no drone. And yep 6spd. No ones going to get a headache from it sitting in the back.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by roksta
It's not bad at all and there's no drone. And yep 6spd. No ones going to get a headache from it sitting in the back.
I might have to make the switch. I've got the HKS Silent Hi-Power, and it definitely drones quite a bit right around 3.5k RPM (which just so happens to be cruising RPM on the interstate lol).

Old 09-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Anyone know if this would work with the '16 Fit?

Old 09-28-2016, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, and yes.

es

Old 10-09-2016, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nice exhaust. Really reminds me and seems similar to the Fujitsubo Axel Back. Anyways, great choice. Tanabe is a good company!

The car sounds awesome!

Old 10-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Installed this two weeks ago on my 2016 EX Fit. Super Easy install. I have an exhaust hanger tool so it went super fast. Took longer to get tools out and put the car on ramps than it did to install. Fitment and build quality is spot on.

Last edited by CornFedWRX; 10-19-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Put one on my '15 LX/6 spd last fall, slightly pricy, but.....sounds great, looks great....seemed like factory muffler was so quiet, all you could here was the gnashing of the engine. Now you can hear some throatiness from the rear as well when driving, but it's mostly unnoticable at highway speeds and above when cruising. I'd recommend it if ya can afford it....and ya get to have the original muffler as backup should this ever fail....although I'd buy another, in that case, if posssible

Old 03-06-2017, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
New Tanabe Medalion Vid

I eventually bought one of these and had it installed last September. I took a video and I'm finally getting around to posting it, along with my thoughts.

Overall I am incredibly happy with it. It is definitely worth the price premium. It sounds refined and throaty at the same time, not raspy or "fart"-y like the single large soda can shaped exhausts that I see on Hondas. It also looks absolutely great. The dual exhaust tips are more in line with the German aesthetic than JDM. It's heavier than stock by a somewhat appreciable amount, but it's also made of high quality stainless steel.

It's definitely louder on the highway, especially with the 6MT keeping revs north of 3.5k in 6th gear, however the sound isn't that unbearable, reverberating droning echoing around the cabin. I had the exhaust installed for months and my fiance didn't even notice because I would try to keep rpms down and never really wind it to the Rev limiter. It was only when my sister sat in the back seat on the side the exhaust runs one day that she mentioned "did this car get a little bit louder??"

It sounds really great when you start up the car. A nice deep rumble. There is only a hint of burbling / popping as you let off on the rpms and slow down.

I got the exhaust installed along with a strut tower brace (also by Tanabe) and a rear sway bar at my friend/mechanic who also maintains my BMW. I helped with the install process and the exhaust was actually the easiest to install out of all 3 parts. Super simple; the connection to the rest of the stock exhaust and the hangars lined up perfectly. When we got the car down and I turned it on for the first time with the new exhaust, my friend was blown away with how good it sounded. He said honestly he wasn't expecting much, being used to servicing higher end German cars, and was incredibly impressed with the quality of the sound.

Anyway, that's my short review. Two thumbs up and definitely worth the price. Here's a video of startup and some revving in neutral.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 03-06-2017 at 03:37 PM.