3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

signal rpm from ecu

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 05:37 AM
signal rpm from ecu

somebody...please help me... i want install my tachometer autometer cobalt on my GK5 but i dont know how to install and connect cable signal rpm from ecu... everyone please if you have wiring ecu gk5 please share.... or which cable from ecu to signal rpm... thankyou

Old 12-25-2015, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
If the engine uses 4 individual ignition coils instead of the traditional dizzy (distributor) I do not think there is an easy way to connect a typical accessory tach.
(I've not noticed a 'tach test' connector in the engine compartment since they stopped using distributors.)

I read this on the description of a tach on their website:
  • Compatible with 1 - 4 pulse ignition signals (2-8 cylinder engines) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
See your instruction manual on this? If your tach can utilize a signal from a single cylinder to operate, you could tap into one of the coil control circuits.

Each ignition coil has a 3 wire connector, 2 of the wire colors are common to all four coils (power and ground) and there should be one remaining wire in each connector that is the 'trigger' to turn the coil on and off, the color of that wire is different for each coil.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=ezone;1330368]If the engine uses 4 individual ignition coils instead of the traditional dizzy (distributor) I do not think there is an easy way to connect a typical accessory tach.
(I've not noticed a 'tach test' connector in the engine compartment since they stopped using distributors.)

• Compatible with 1 - 4 pulse ignition signals (2-8 cylinder engines) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
See your instruction manual on this? If your tach can utilize a signal from a single cylinder to operate, you could tap into one of the coil control circuits.

Each ignition coil has a 3 wire connector, 2 of the wire colors are common to all four coils (power and ground) and there should be one remaining wire in each connector that is the 'trigger' to turn the coil on and off, the color of that wire is different for each coil

Old 06-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Can you help please!!!

[QUOTE=Ladydriver;1373697]
Originally Posted by ezone
If the engine uses 4 individual ignition coils instead of the traditional dizzy (distributor) I do not think there is an easy way to connect a typical accessory tach.
I have a 2013 Honda Fit and no fuel is ge

Each ignition coil has a 3 wire connector, 2 of the wire colors are common to all four coils (power and ground) and there should be one remaining wire in each connector that is the 'trigger' to turn the coil on and off, the color of that wire is different for each coil
Originally Posted by ezone

Each ignition coil has a 3 wire connector, 2 of the wire colors are common to all four coils (power and ground) and there should be one remaining wire in each connector that is the 'trigger' to turn the coil on and off, the color of that wire is different for each coil.
I have a 2013 Honda Fit. Coil is fine. Injector is fine but spark plug needed to be replaced. It had been miss firing. Codes are telling me there is no ground to cylinder 4, therefore no gas going in. three dealers and no one has heard of this problem. I would like the fuel injector wire harness diagram, and suggestions please ! Thank you

Old 06-13-2017, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
You should start your own brand new thread for your problem.
Put it in the correct forum area for your year of car,
include the actual fault code number
and odometer mileage (or kms)

Old 04-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Rpm signal

Any update sir if u did install tachometer[ in your gk5...thnks

QUOTE=Bayu Tuk Windriyo;1330367]somebody...please help me... i want install my tachometer autometer cobalt on my GK5 but i dont know how to install and connect cable signal rpm from ecu... everyone please if you have wiring ecu gk5 please share.... or which cable from ecu to signal rpm... thankyou[/QUOTE]

Old 01-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Any update?