3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Nitrous TPS Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm seriously interested in the Dynotune kit. I just have a couple of questions.

First of all, where in the car does mounting seem like a good idea? I may have room in my hood after upgrading to the longram HPS intake, if not I'd have to find somewhere in the cabin. Maybe where the spare tire goes. In the case of a pressure increase, it doesn't look like the Dynotune bottle has a blowdown tube to prevent the cabin from filling with NOS.

As far as the lower powered jets go, are nitrous jets universally compatible? Are there any other dry jets that would only give me a 5-10hp gain that I could do some testing with while monitoring my air/fuel?

I'd love to get this done in the coming months.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by maxswisher
I'm seriously interested in the Dynotune kit. I just have a couple of questions.

First of all, where in the car does mounting seem like a good idea? I may have room in my hood after upgrading to the longram HPS intake, if not I'd have to find somewhere in the cabin. Maybe where the spare tire goes. In the case of a pressure increase, it doesn't look like the Dynotune bottle has a blowdown tube to prevent the cabin from filling with NOS.

As far as the lower powered jets go, are nitrous jets universally compatible? Are there any other dry jets that would only give me a 5-10hp gain that I could do some testing with while monitoring my air/fuel?

I'd love to get this done in the coming months.
Back it up, I just clicked around on the Dynotune site and they have jets of all sizes available for only $4. I could buy a few and try them out while watching for a lean or rich burn. Still have the mounting question though...

Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Jets shapes are different with different companies. The good news is Dynotune has them cheap. The universal kit has a number 24 for the smallest size they give you with the kit. They say it is good for about 25 HP increase. I would buy a size 10 for about 10HP increase and buy larger from there while testing. Maybe buy a 10, 14, 18 ,20 ETC to test with. IF you want smaller than a 10 there are companies that will sell you a blank of the proper shape and you can drill your own hole but at $3.99 might not be worth hassle.

James

Old 12-14-2016, 11:59 AM
I would never install Nitrous on a car without tuning, I would also only do a wet kit so all your tuning on the nitrous will be at the Jetting. I might look into setting up a kit on our Fit and see how it does.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by axion_industries
I would never install Nitrous on a car without tuning, I would also only do a wet kit so all your tuning on the nitrous will be at the Jetting. I might look into setting up a kit on our Fit and see how it does.
I am REALLY interested in anyone who is successful with this modification. From what I can see (Online dragstrip calculators), a simple 50hp shot will take me deep into the 14's and possibly high 13's at the dragstrip.

For the non-believers, that's ok. Because honestly, with a CVT, an intake, muffler and lighter wheels should not have allowed this car to run low 15's. My first 15.2 was ran with only those modifications, with a 91mph trap speed (From a stock 17.2@81mph).

Good luck with this nitrous adventure guys. I'm a little excited about it but no-one is taking that next step to make it happen though.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-14-2016 at 02:02 PM.