Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   2015 Fit Gk5 with 10th gen Civic L15b7 swap (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/97517-2015-fit-gk5-10th-gen-civic-l15b7-swap.html)

alpha-z 12-12-2020 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by axion_industries (Post 1454160)
Guys update

Still waiting on wiring being finished, reason its taking forever is this is a smog legal no lights on the dash swap, all these cars you see in Asia are race cars and the K motors are much easier due to the ecu being used

Hi Axion,
can you confirm if we're ever going to be able to actually get/buy the harness, not when, but if? because i think there are quite a few of us waiting for this possibility, and there would be no point in updating us if there is no possibility to even get the harness after you have the car done?
I only ask because some posts above say basically no one is going to sell the harness so.. without that, its not like any of us are going to start making our own harnesses with no schematic or anything, if it took you guys 2 years it would take me 20.. and by then.. electric mopeds will be going faster than our 1.5 turbo :\

NickKnacks 12-12-2020 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by alpha-z (Post 1454245)
because i think there are quite a few of us waiting for this possibility, and there would be no point in updating us if there is no possibility to even get the harness after you have the car done?

I can vouch for at least myself in this. I would love to be able to perform the swap, and I've been hanging on every piece of information I can find about it being completed for years, but if it is going to be a one-off build and the harness won't be made available, there's essentially no point in me or anyone without the knowledge to make their own harness waiting around to find out. I'm willing to pay a pretty penny for the harness once it gets solved, assuming more than one will be made.

hasdrubal 12-13-2020 04:04 AM

I can't speak for Axion directly, but I think my posts were responsible for some of this, so I'll try to clear up what I found-

Axion seems like they want to sell the kit. Like, they want to have a package that will let anyone do the swap with a junkyard motor and transmission, with minimum hassle. But, for whatever reason, Axion isn't doing the wiring. They're waiting on Hasport, which is the outfit that told me they won't sell a harness or even make more than one. I imagine if Hasport ever gets around to it, and finds out how to make a harness that will work, Axion can copy it and sell a bunch of them here. At least I hope they would, if it's just wiring different connectors together then it should be simple enough to make more. I think they don't want to sell the thing piecemeal, though. No harness by itself if you're not buying a kit.

That's my guess, anyway.

I can't criticize Axion for this, because I can't figure out the wiring either. I think Hasport is due for more blame if anything, because it sounds like they agreed to do it and from the tone of their emails back to me, it's really not on their priority list. I'm getting to the point where I'm not really interested in motor swaps on this car anymore, but maybe they should get in touch with Science of Speed and hire whoever got the K swap to work with the S2000 dash to rig up a module for the Fit. At least that's been shown to be possible.

axion_industries 12-14-2020 03:01 PM

I cant say if there will be a complete kit for sale, there is a ton of modifications needing done to the intake, intercooler, intercoolerpiping, downpipe front pipe and last the wiring.

I really dont want to say anything about it for sale until ours is running and we look at the market with Hasport

NickKnacks 03-30-2021 12:43 AM

FWIW, Instagram update from Axion

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...9ef84735c5.jpg

axion_industries 03-30-2021 12:47 AM

Yup talked to Hasport and it is on the top of their list to get the wiring done asap, so should have it dialed in soon

NickKnacks 03-30-2021 12:48 AM

Awesome! Any clarity yet on whether a harness and info on piping/fab needed will be available so others can do the swap?

RD36 03-30-2021 03:20 AM

Wow, Nioce one mate.

axion_industries 04-01-2021 11:11 PM

Harness is the biggest issue, we wont offer a complete kit, you would still need the dp connected to your exhaust and intercooler piping fabbed up

axion_industries 04-01-2021 11:12 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...4bab65edcf.jpg
Garrett 3071R is here with the Big Turbo kit from PRL Motorsports so we can hopefully be making around 500whp with the build

alpha-z 04-01-2021 11:14 PM

LOL. i' dont think i was looking for 500whp madness :D at least not initially, just wanted to drop in the engine will you at least sell the harness or harness specs? eg. partial kit?

axion_industries 04-01-2021 11:17 PM

Depends if we have someone who will make it for us, I was posting the updates on our build, Im sure nobody will be doing what we will be to the Fit, goal is a 9 second pass in the 1/4 mile

NickKnacks 04-01-2021 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by axion_industries (Post 1458593)
Depends if we have someone who will make it for us

I will gladly make the harness if no one else will, you guys send me the original or a diagram showing the proper connectors and everything and I'll make them for anyone who needs one lol. I've been in headlights and electrical for 5+ years so I can source OEM connectors and everything.

Appreciate that you guys are following through on the build and being transparent about what will still need to be custom made on the installer end!

alpha-z 04-01-2021 11:32 PM

i would volunteer the same as nickknacks as I have no issues making cables. as long as specs are provided...?

axion_industries 04-02-2021 01:32 PM

We will see with the wiring when its all done, the plan is to have someone do these and make it work. The swap is going to be awesome and I think you will see some people actually spend the money and do it

NickKnacks 04-02-2021 01:39 PM

I'm not a man who would be considered well off by most people but I have been saving up for this exact project, will gladly spend the money and support the R&D you do!

axion_industries 04-06-2021 12:54 PM

Hey guys, we will be posting up some video progress stuff on our You tube channel if you guys wanna subscribe and follow

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqz...fgRy_H8buqBimg

brian d 04-08-2021 07:08 PM

Subscribed on youtube. I'd still love to see this happen

axion_industries 04-08-2021 07:16 PM

Oh its happening, just bought the Belak wheels front 15x8 and rear 15x4 skinnies and out M/T slicks 24.5x 8.5 for front and 26x4 rear

Big things are happening guys and cant wait to show you this street/ drag build

axion_industries 04-11-2021 12:07 PM

Hey guys

Update on the Fit swap, not much in the video as we are redoing the mounts for final fitment but enjoy and Subscribe and like if you can