3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake (301-175-101)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Post Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake (301-175-101)

I cant remember who on here had one of these installed, so I caved in and created this thread.

Question of the day for everyone is .... how did you guys install the included Breather Filter? And question 2, what are the effects for NOT running said Breather Filter?

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake (301-175-101)

2015 HONDA FIT 1.5L

Old 07-20-2018, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Bonus Question:
How did you guys route the Ram Air Kit tubing?

Weapon-RŽ 838-111-108 - Secret Weapon Intake Ram Air Kit

https://www.carid.com/weapon-r/secre...8-111-108.html

Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
Bonus Question:
How did you guys route the Ram Air Kit tubing?

Weapon-RŽ 838-111-108 - Secret Weapon Intake Ram Air Kit

https://www.carid.com/weapon-r/secre...8-111-108.html
Mine's probably the first to hit a non-tester in the US. It's been pretty solid without the Ram Air Kit. I don't see a need for it. Particularly as its corrugated. Air flow through that wouldn't be amazing.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
DannyJ, what are your thoughts on the breather filter?

Old 07-25-2018, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
DannyJ, what are your thoughts on the breather filter?
IDK what you mean about "breather filter", but I did hook up the breather tubing...

Old 07-26-2018, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
IDK what you mean about "breather filter", but I did hook up the breather tubing...

Old 07-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Disclosure: This is based on past experience with older Hondas. I am not familiar with the PCV system on the Fit or aftermarket intakes for the Fit.

Evil, did you connect the tube from the intake to the valve cover? The crankcase ventilation system needs clean air in, which it pulls from the intake tube BEFORE the throttle body. On the other side, a line runs from crankcase to the intake manifold, which is where the dirty crank case air (from blow by) is pulled back into the combustion chamber to get "cleaned out." See this chart here that explains it. The PCV valve is a one way valve that keeps stuff from going the opposite direction. The breather filter would go on the line that goes from the intake manifold to the crankcase. You would remove the tube, and put the breather filter on the crank side, so when pressure builds it is expelled out of the filter instead of being fed back into the intake manifold. In reality it's just going to mess up how things run, because the ECU thinks it is getting additional air from there. I would not use the breather filter. It's more of a race application thing, and even then, i would use an oil catch can, not a breather filter.

Another dumb thing I see people do (well dumb in my opinion) is to install the breather filter on the valve cover inlet for the PCV system. In this case instead of pulling clean air from the intake tube, it is pulled straight through the filter. That is just for looks, and if you had a hole on your intake tube for that, now you have a vacuum leak if you don't plug it.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Presently, my intake is all stock. I've been insanely lazy with my mods as of late .... its all just piling up

I'm in full agreement, and I think I will skip the breather altogether. I dont like the idea of losing pressure and letting anything vent to atmosphere. But ... for kicks & giggles ... I did ask how the breather should be installed and here is their response:

Per Weapon R:

Old 07-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Yea, if you do that without an oil catch can, then all the nasty stuff is just built up in that filter and doesn't get circulated through the manifold to get burnt up. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
okay lets talk ... hypothetical .... what if I AM running an oil catch can .... that said .... would following weapon-r's instructions, make more sense/be any safer?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
okay lets talk ... hypothetical .... what if I AM running an oil catch can .... that said .... would following weapon-r's instructions, make more sense/be any safer?
It would be redundant. Either the catch can or the breather attaches to the PCV valve.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:05 PM
BD, i meant using both. Connect catch can to PCV and then instead of connecting other end to intake, you install breather. So catch can is still removing oil, and then the positive pressure is discharged out through the filter, instead of into the intake manifold. That's how it works in my head at least.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Helios
BD, i meant using both. Connect catch can to PCV and then instead of connecting other end to intake, you install breather. So catch can is still removing oil, and then the positive pressure is discharged out through the filter, instead of into the intake manifold. That's how it works in my head at least.
This way makes sense on more race-oriented cars that live at high revs, as the fast revolutions of the engine will force the positive crank pressure out with ease. It also smells, and the filter element will become saturated with oil and drip over time. Keep in mind, the Fit uses a small 3/8" ID hose IIRC, which can become gunked up and clogged.

On a daily driver/street car, catch cans are usually connected to vacuum to assist in removing the pressure from the crank case. It also vents the fumes back into the intake, so there is no oil/fuel odor, or residue.

Last edited by ThadCastle; 08-03-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
so after much debate and endless sleepless nights ... I decided to go for a traditional install. no breathers, nothing fancy

prior to this weapon r intake, my setup was oem + k&n drop in filter + sumole ram duct scoop thingee. IAT's were about 10 degrees over outside temps. it would appear, the weapon r secret weapon sri has similar iat's

Old 08-07-2018, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
prior to this weapon r intake, my setup was oem + k&n drop in filter + sumole ram duct scoop thingee. IAT's were about 10 degrees over outside temps. it would appear, the weapon r secret weapon sri has similar iat's

Nice pics! The IAT info is nice to know as well. Glad you like it.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
thanks Myxalplyx. you're just the guy I needed to speak to. your custom intake/box/scoop setup was just too awesome. I wanted to ask ya for some advice, I plan on running the secret weapon ram air tube/duct. any thoughts on where I can mount the duct and route the tubing?

Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
thanks Myxalplyx. you're just the guy I needed to speak to. your custom intake/box/scoop setup was just too awesome. I wanted to ask ya for some advice, I plan on running the secret weapon ram air tube/duct. any thoughts on where I can mount the duct and route the tubing?
Driver side fog light is just the right size for the inlet...

Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
you just gave me an idea..... gonna give that a try and buy a fog cover

Old 08-07-2018, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
you just gave me an idea..... gonna give that a try and buy a fog cover
That's exactly what I was getting at. Highly suggest finding a way to mitigate water inlet though... Also if you're serious about it making much of a difference don't use the provided accordion tube. Get some silicone tubing.

Last edited by DannyJ7; 08-07-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
any suggests on a decent place to find said tubing?

Quick Reply: Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake (301-175-101)