3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Shark Fin Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Shark Fin Antenna

Several of you have installed these, and I just put mine on today. It looks so much better than that black stick. My son ordered one for his black Fit.

Name:  1O4e8GT.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  2.59 MB

Old 09-14-2014, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great!
I love mine- I have not been able to notice any difference in radio reception.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Looks good. Ordered mine yesterday.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Where can you get these from? Was it a simple install?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Link to where to buy please, I NEED one now this forum. Is gonna start costing me money

Old 09-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Look up Visual Garage and email them. Or use the search function.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mysticangel
Link to where to buy please, I NEED one now this forum. Is gonna start costing me money
Yeah - money! UPS just delivered my cargo cover, and my son paid for his shark fin antenna this morning.

lick on the email address for sales. Give him all the info about your car, and he'll email you a bill.

http://visualgarage.com/

Old 09-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Well spending more money - just ordered mine today!!! Someone was right - this forum will end up costing me some money! HA! It does look good though!

Old 09-15-2014, 02:58 PM
m_x
Very cool! How much are these things?

Prioritizing my Want list for this car is getting difficult. I want to get the window visors next... I mean the splash guards... I meant the wheel spacers... I mean a dash cam... I mean the antenna!

Old 09-15-2014, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
Well spending more money - just ordered mine today!!! Someone was right - this forum will end up costing me some money! HA! It does look good though!
I rationalize it by saying it's part of the purchase price - better floor mats, antenna, seat covers, etc. The price of the car was low so that we could decide what to add.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Somebody please say how this thing is attached!

The images on the web site show that it goes over the original antenna base , but it doesn't show if it is glued on or has some other method of attachment.

It would be great if Honda would use in-glass antennas. Done correctly, they work as well or better than external antennas.

FM reception is important to me as we have a great classical station here and they have very good coverage of the entire SoCal area. No need for USB, iTunes, SiriusXM, or anything else when there are smart people spinning the disks and keeping things interesting!

Last edited by GeorgeL; 09-15-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
FM reception is important to me as we have a great classical station here and they have very good coverage of the entire SoCal area. No need for USB, iTunes, SiriusXM, or anything else when there are smart people spinning the disks and keeping things interesting!
I wish we had one of those in Atlanta. Our local stations only run musical programming for a couple of hours mid-day and some time during the later evening (on nights it isn't jazz or more talk shows or whatever). This is the #1 reason why I went with SiriusXM -- Symphony Hall. And let me rant a bit about that: There was also a second classical station on satellite, Pops (classical, not contemporary pop). They moved that to "online only" and have subsequently added new stations that aren't interesting to me such as Oprah Radio....

Old 09-15-2014, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisjones
This is the #1 reason why I went with SiriusXM -- Symphony Hall. And let me rant a bit about that: There was also a second classical station on satellite, Pops (classical, not contemporary pop). They moved that to "online only" and have subsequently added new stations that aren't interesting to me such as Oprah Radio....
Isn't that annoying! They must have over 100 stations, and they give us one classical. Not only that, but they had the nerve to take the other one away. How many rock and rap channels do they have? And all they can give us is one Classical. I told them that I'm not renewing the radio I have in the house because of that. The one in my car has a Lifetime Subscription, which I was lucky to get in 2009.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Its attached by 3M adhesive sticky tape. There's a DIY install guide posted somewhere here, but its really self explanatory when you receive the antenna.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of XM again, I just cancelled before I was due to renew for another two years. You cannot cancel online. You have to speak to a person who will do everything possible to get you to sign up for something. My only choices were to leave it the way it is or pay more each month. I finally got it cancelled.

I can bring the car radio into the house if I want XM indoors. They lost over $200 because they dropped one of two stations I liked.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:45 PM
ptt
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
Its attached by 3M adhesive sticky tape. There's a DIY install guide posted somewhere here, but its really self explanatory when you receive the antenna.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...n-antenna.html thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
I wish we had one of those in Atlanta. Our local stations only run musical programming for a couple of hours mid-day and some time during the later evening (on nights it isn't jazz or more talk shows or whatever). This is the #1 reason why I went with SiriusXM -- Symphony Hall. And let me rant a bit about that: There was also a second classical station on satellite, Pops (classical, not contemporary pop). They moved that to "online only" and have subsequently added new stations that aren't interesting to me such as Oprah Radio....
Heck, you can listen to the same station I listen to online for free:

Classical KUSC

I suppose that you could stream it into your car audio system from a smartphone.

The thing I like about it is that you hear a lot of interesting music and the on-air personalities actually know a lot about the stuff they are playing. We used to have two OTA classical stations here, but one of them switched to "Americana" music which can be interesting but starts to sound like Open Mic Night at a country bar after a while.

The only downside is that they have to run pledge drives now and then.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered mine yesterday. I'll be glad to get rid of the black stick!

Old 09-20-2014, 12:01 AM
To be the devil's advocate, why are you guys going for Visual Garage over others? I've googled it and found other similar (but bit different style) shark fin antennas so curious why everybody is going for VG instead. I'm having trouble deciding which one to get.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nullxposur
To be the devil's advocate, why are you guys going for Visual Garage over others? I've googled it and found other similar (but bit different style) shark fin antennas so curious why everybody is going for VG instead. I'm having trouble deciding which one to get.

I think it is word of mouth on the forum that everyone has been happy with the product and the color matching is very good. The only other one I have seen mentioned on this forum is one from Bean garage which cost more and is only available in 3 colors. (Silver, white and black)
If you have found another source, please share-especially if less expensive.

Last edited by sooznd; 09-20-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Shark Fin Antenna