2018 HFP spoiler - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums


3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-06-2017, 11:10 PM
ThadCastle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 41
2018 HFP spoiler

I've been looking at the new HFP accessories available, mostly the side skirts and rear spoiler. While the skirts mounting instructions are straight forward, the PDFs for the spoiler states that it only fits 2018 model year cars. There IS drilling required, and templates are provided. But is the hatch on the 2018 any different from the 2017 model year?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
TougeMonster_GK5's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThadCastle View Post
I've been looking at the new HFP accessories available, mostly the side skirts and rear spoiler. While the skirts mounting instructions are straight forward, the PDFs for the spoiler states that it only fits 2018 model year cars. There IS drilling required, and templates are provided. But is the hatch on the 2018 any different from the 2017 model year?
about 3 weeks ago i approached a service rep to inquire about installation onto my 2015 model and was quoted about 160 to get it installed, about $450 total yikkeeeess! So i guess that confirms compatibility. Also I woud rather have Honda install it for warranty purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2017, 03:55 PM
ThadCastle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5 View Post
about 3 weeks ago i approached a service rep to inquire about installation onto my 2015 model and was quoted about 160 to get it installed, about $450 total yikkeeeess! So i guess that confirms compatibility. Also I woud rather have Honda install it for warranty purpose!
Good to know! The wong is available online at several dealerships for about $200 and an installation .pdf is available. It cmes with templates, but recommends the use of a rotabroach tool to accurately make the holes for the clips. The side skirts also require a fair bit of modification as well
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2017, 11:51 PM
[LegenD]'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 110
It's interesting how difficult the mod scene has been for the GK5 and now Honda releases a number of new options (plus a Sports model). I believe the spoiler is actually a Modulo option in Japan. I think they're also offering alternate Modulo (under the HFP name) side skirts for the new Fit here. Honda's side skirts and hardware have always been tricky to deal with (they're very secure, but possibly a bit over engineered..speaking from past experience with multiple Civic models). That being said, there are alternate ways to install them the non-dealer way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2017, 08:19 AM
ThadCastle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by [LegenD] View Post
It's interesting how difficult the mod scene has been for the GK5 and now Honda releases a number of new options (plus a Sports model). I believe the spoiler is actually a Modulo option in Japan. I think they're also offering alternate Modulo (under the HFP name) side skirts for the new Fit here. Honda's side skirts and hardware have always been tricky to deal with (they're very secure, but possibly a bit over engineered..speaking from past experience with multiple Civic models). That being said, there are alternate ways to install them the non-dealer way.
I downloaded the install instructions for the side skirts as well. Seems way overcomplicated. All my other cars its just double sided tape along the top and some clips in the wheel wells.

I do plan on the wing eventually. Maybe other styles will come along. But it looks like they all need to be mounted the same way and it would be best left to either a competent body shop or the dealership.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2018, 07:43 PM
GPW AP2's Avatar
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 15
I'm looking into getting the HFP wing and sideskirts from Honda. My wife works at a dealer so we're hoping everything goes smoothly. Is it truly a direct swap from the stock wing onto the trunk lid? Will post our progress if we go through with this. Thanks! (we have a 2016 Fit)

Last edited by GPW AP2; 01-23-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USDM 2018 Fit Front Bumper onto 2017 older Fit TougeMonster_GK5 3rd Generation (2015+) 8 01-31-2018 02:43 PM
2018 Fit "Launching" next month...Questions. person118 3rd Generation (2015+) 50 07-29-2017 07:42 PM
Spoilers?....Mugen fit in progress...... ideas.... Nicotine 2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 10 02-14-2017 12:08 AM
Aftermarket parts for GK5!! Nikoatnite 3rd Generation (2015+) 15 12-04-2016 12:07 AM
DBA-GD1 spoilers and lips Gigi Dabrundashvili 1st Generation (GD 01-08) 1 03-22-2016 10:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.