3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Spoon Sports Add-On Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
I found a picture of the JDM GK5 mirrors which I've shared below:

This is what the USDM GK5 mirrors look like:

The USDM mirrors are noticeably larger. A friend pointed out that the JDM mirrors are likely smaller because roads in Japan are smaller.

Having the smaller mirrors would decrease the chances of being sideswiped as well as using up less room while your vehicle is parked.
Still never noticed after looking at so many JDM Fits. That totally makes sense though...even read a recent Speedhunters article where the guy mentions being sideswiped is a concern in Japan (he was test driving Spoon's Honda s660).

Old 03-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Still never noticed after looking at so many JDM Fits. That totally makes sense though...even read a recent Speedhunters article where the guy mentions being sideswiped is a concern in Japan (he was test driving Spoon's Honda s660).
http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/02/...onful-of-agro/

Is this the article you're referring to? Now I want a Honda S660! It's such an awesome little car!

Last edited by USDM; 03-24-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 AM
I purchased the same Spoon side view mirrors along with the Spoon rear view mirror from Blackhawk Japan and was disappointed when I received them. The JDM GK5 also has a different interior rear view mirror, which I did not know. I ended up locating the part number for the rear view mirror and purchased one so I could use the Spoon rear view glass. It was cheaper than having to return the item to Blackhawk. Little did I know that Spoon also makes a rear view mirror glass for the USDM GK5. Lesson learned.

I plan on buying the JDM GK5 mirrors in the future. Until then, the Spoon side view glass will sit in their box waiting to be put to use.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bosho.777
I purchased the same Spoon side view mirrors along with the Spoon rear view mirror from Blackhawk Japan and was disappointed when I received them. The JDM GK5 also has a different interior rear view mirror, which I did not know. I ended up locating the part number for the rear view mirror and purchased one so I could use the Spoon rear view glass. It was cheaper than having to return the item to Blackhawk. Little did I know that Spoon also makes a rear view mirror glass for the USDM GK5. Lesson learned.

I plan on buying the JDM GK5 mirrors in the future. Until then, the Spoon side view glass will sit in their box waiting to be put to use.
Double ouch...

I might have some good news for you though; check your PM!

Old 03-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by bosho.777

I did the exact same thing, also from Blackhawk. Was considering replacing the rear view mirror as well, but concerned about the removal process. I've seen a few youtube videos and some guy used a torch to heat it up so the adhesive would let go...

Old 03-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
Honda's Mini-Supercar Gets A Spoonful Of Agro - Speedhunters

Is this the article you're referring to? Now I want a Honda S660! It's such an awesome little car!
YES! haha exactly this one!. Love that car! It's expensive for its size, but it's the best priced mid-engine car at the moment I think...not that we can get it in North America. Oh well, one can dream

Old 03-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
YES! haha exactly this one!. Love that car! It's expensive for its size, but it's the best priced mid-engine car at the moment I think...not that we can get it in North America. Oh well, one can dream
We never get the good stuff!

Last edited by USDM; 03-25-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:37 PM
I did the exact same thing, also from Blackhawk. Was considering replacing the rear view mirror as well, but concerned about the removal process. I've seen a few youtube videos and some guy used a torch to heat it up so the adhesive would let go...
Removing the interior rear view mirror only requires an allen wrench. It's just one allen screw to remove and nothing else.

The JDM mirror does not have a screw. It just simply clips onto the existing USDM mount.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: It's a Torx (6-point star) screw, not an allen.

Last edited by bosho.777; 03-26-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:42 PM

You can use the BRM-000 interior mirror with a GE rear view, fits perfect and swaps right in. Also just read somewhere that the BRM-004 fits the USDM GK5 but I can't confirm.

Last edited by CodemanGK5; 04-16-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by CodemanGK5
You can use the BRM-000 interior mirror with a GE rear view, fits perfect and swaps right in. Also just read somewhere that the BRM-004 fits the USDM GK5 but I can't confirm.
I was using P/N: 76400-BRM-004 on my GK5 and I'm using P/N: 76400-BRM-000 on my GE8. No issues with fitment for either car using the respective part numbers.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:56 PM
i just bought what i believe to be a JDM sized side side mirror off ebay. if it directly fits, hopefully i can make the spoon mirrors work... want em so bad

Old 02-16-2023, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tito1
i just bought what i believe to be a JDM sized side side mirror off ebay. if it directly fits, hopefully i can make the spoon mirrors work... want em so bad
The GK5's mirrors are physically larger for the USDM versus JDM. If you're converting to JDM side mirrors, then the Spoon glass should work fine.