3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Spoon Sports Add-On Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
Spoon Sports Add-On Side Mirrors

Warning: These mirrors do not properly fit the USDM GK5.

Hello FitFreak.net members, Spoon Sports makes add-on side mirrors for the GK5 which affix to your original side mirrors via double-sided tape. They are convex and feature a blue tint which reduces glare from bright lights.

The P/N is: 76203-GK5-030

For those who are interested in more information, below this text is a link to the product on Go Tuning Unlimited's website. Go Tuning is the authorized dealer for Spoon Sports.

Go Tuning Unlimited

I have sourced the installation instructions from Spoon Sports' website directly and have attached the PDF file to this post. I will also append the translated instructions below this text. Please note, the translation was completed via Google Translate. I cannot guarantee accuracy of the translation.

http://www.spoonsports.jp/blog/wp-co...7d5970649f.pdf

① The product is subjected to chamfering, but please be sure to wear gloves to work safely.

② Please degrease sufficiently with glass cleaner or neutral detergent for dirt and oil on the side to be stuck (product back side and genuine mirror side).

③ Cut the attached double-sided tape according to the shape of the mirror on the back side of the product as shown in the figure and paste it. Please do not peel off the release paper and make temporary alignment with confirmation of upper, lower, left and right. If the thickness of double-sided tape is insufficient, please overlap two sheets. Although the center part of the mirror may somewhat protrude, it is not abnormality of product due to the characteristic of wide curvature.

④ Please check that there is no problem with the fitting, degrease the genuine mirror surface again and peel off the release paper of double-sided tape and install it.

<< Caution >>
Please do not hold down the center part of the mirror absolutely. It may break and cause injury. After installation, please make sure that the double-sided tape is adhered properly, and do not do violent travel etc. We recommend leaving it for more than 8 hours during the day. Since genuine visibility varies considerably, please drive carefully until you grasp the feeling. If you want to remove it without stopping it, please wear the double-sided tape sufficiently with a heat gun etc. and peel off with a piano wire etc. from the gap.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SPOON BLUE WIDE DOOR MIRROR.pdf (134.1 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by USDM; 03-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Those are some expensive mirrors. I think I have the $4 ones from Pep Boys lol

Old 09-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Those are some expensive mirrors. I think I have the $4 ones from Pep Boys lol
1 set of Spoon mirrors or 27.5 sets of the latter? That is the ultimate question.

Last edited by USDM; 09-20-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
After clicking on the link, I found this: Go Tuning Unlimited

Why did you make me see that! Now me wants haha

Going on a diet would probably be cheaper than buying that CF hood to save 8lbs though!

Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Going on a diet would probably be cheaper than buying that CF hood to save 8lbs though!
Why not both?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Thumbs down

OMG I checked their website... what is with those prices??? $850 for CF business card holder? $220 for a shifter knob???

Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 PM
I was wondering about these or if anyone has tried them. The Fit has really good visibility so wasn't sure...otherwise love Spoon products. I have something like this on my 86 and it's fantastic, but the visibility in that car is not nearly as open as it is in the Fit.

On another note, BlackHawkJapan sells some (in stock) Spoon products both on their site and eBay - they offer very competitive pricing and really good shipping (at least for Canada)

Old 10-04-2017, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
I was wondering about these or if anyone has tried them. The Fit has really good visibility so wasn't sure...otherwise love Spoon products. I have something like this on my 86 and it's fantastic, but the visibility in that car is not nearly as open as it is in the Fit.

On another note, BlackHawkJapan sells some (in stock) Spoon products both on their site and eBay - they offer very competitive pricing and really good shipping (at least for Canada)
It's going to take about 2-3 months for mine to arrive from the motherland. The main reason I purchased these mirrors is because of the blue tint. The blue tint really helps with reducing glare while driving at night.

Last edited by USDM; 10-04-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
you know you can buy tint and just tint the lens for like less than $10

Old 10-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by USDM
It's going to take about 2-3 months for mine to arrive from the motherland. The main reason I purchased these mirrors is because of the blue tint. The blue tint really helps with reducing glare while driving at night.
Ah, I see, I just thought of visibility / wider viewing angle, since that's what I've used this type of mirror for in the past. Plus my windows are tinted so I don't think I'd benefit from the reduced glare as much as you .

Also, Spoon

Old 10-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Ah, I see, I just thought of visibility / wider viewing angle, since that's what I've used this type of mirror for in the past. Plus my windows are tinted so I don't think I'd benefit from the reduced glare as much as you .

Also, Spoon
I do intend on having my windows tinted, but I prefer to drive with my windows down whenever the weather permits. The tint is mostly for heat rejection in my case.

Last edited by USDM; 10-05-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Last edited by USDM; 03-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Forgot all about this company, last time I looked I think they had the rear disc conversion at $1k, now up to $1300. Guess that seals the deal on drums for me.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Forgot all about this company, last time I looked I think they had the rear disc conversion at $1k, now up to $1300. Guess that seals the deal on drums for me.
I noticed that as well, hasdrubal. I wonder what caused the increase in price.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by USDM

Seriously? What's the deal with this. So our mirrors are entirely different too? I thought it was just the front and rear bumper.
Got a set of these from a different retailer over the winter...I guess now we have to sell them to someone in Asia or Europe. Kind of wish Go Tuning would have mentioned this or not sell the part at all. Still puzzled though...my other Honda just had USDM front and rear bumpers..first time discovering different mirrors.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Seriously? What's the deal with this. So our mirrors are entirely different too? I thought it was just the front and rear bumper.
Got a set of these from a different retailer over the winter...I guess now we have to sell them to someone in Asia or Europe. Kind of wish Go Tuning would have mentioned this or not sell the part at all. Still puzzled though...my other Honda just had USDM front and rear bumpers..first time discovering different mirrors.
Indeed, it seems that the JDM mirrors are smaller than their USDM counterparts.

I've sent an e-mail to the shop from which I purchased my mirrors from and will update my post when I receive a reply from them.

Last edited by USDM; 03-18-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
I second this, I would have assumed that they will give a notice saying or this only fits the jdm and Europe fits, but oh well. I got the same mirrors and will send an email to the company as well. we'll see what's the response will be.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
That sucks dude.

I wonder if the different mirrors are for markets that don't do the lane watch option so they have smaller mirrors?

Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
I found a picture of the JDM GK5 mirrors which I've shared below:

This is what the USDM GK5 mirrors look like:

The USDM mirrors are noticeably larger. A friend pointed out that the JDM mirrors are likely smaller because roads in Japan are smaller.

Having the smaller mirrors would decrease the chances of being sideswiped as well as using up less room while your vehicle is parked.

Last edited by USDM; 03-19-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:09 PM
That sucks dude.

I wonder if the different mirrors are for markets that don't do the lane watch option so they have smaller mirrors?
Hmm...that's actually a really good guess.

Quick Reply: Spoon Sports Add-On Side Mirrors