3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Cargo Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Cargo Cover

Did anyone buy the additional cargo cover? The salesman today said they were about $175, but then he double checked the price and the cover for 2013s was $175, but for 2015s it was $320! Since he quoted me the lower price he was able to offer it to me for $250 because that was what the dealership payed but I still declined.

I found the same cover online for $186 here:
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Cargo-Cover-Fit__84400-T5R-C01ZA.aspx

Anybody have experience with that website? I need a cover ASAP so I may order it next week and I can report back on whether it is worth it or not.

Last edited by whoiseric; 06-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by whoiseric
Did anyone buy the additional cargo cover? The salesman today said they were about $175, but then he double checked the price and the cover for 2013s was $175, but for 2015s it was $320! Since he quoted me the lower price he was able to offer it to me for $250 because that was what the dealership payed by I still declined.

I found the same cover online for $186 here:
84400-T5R-C01ZA - Honda Cargo Cover (Fit) - Bernardi Parts

Anybody have experience with that website? I need a cover ASAP so I may order it next week and I can report back on whether it is worth it or not.
I talked to them today at Bernadi and that is the correct part but they have to special order them. Odd that even Honda's site doesnt list them yet

Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Cargo Cover pricing

Originally Posted by tmfit
I talked to them today at Bernadi and that is the correct part but they have to special order them. Odd that even Honda's site doesnt list them yet

Watch out for the dealer you talked to. Here is the information from the College Hills Honda website. They are suggested on the FF, as having good prices. Perhaps if you take the printout from the College Hills website, your dealer will get you the cover at a better price.

All the dealers here in the USA work off the same suggested list price from Honda for parts and the dealers all get the same discount(s) off the list price from Honda.. It's just a question of how much they want to jack the price up, before they offer you a discount or deal.

The discount a dealer receives on a parts order from Honda may depend on if it's a monthly "stock order", or a daily "gotta have it now" order.

Cargo Cover

Your Price: $192.80
Retail Price: $267.78
Part # 84400-T5R-KIT

Anyone checked this part number at their local Honda dealer?

Old 06-20-2014, 07:44 PM
I checked this number and it was correct. Ordered my cover from College Hills right after I got my car on May 29. I have an estimated ship date range of June 19-23. Will let you guys know when it is shipped and installed. (yeah, pics...)

I think they are just behind in getting this accessory manufactured.

Dealer prices? Good luck! I only buy accessories online.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:48 PM
I think mine was around $200.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by cckid
Watch out for the dealer you talked to. Here is the information from the College Hills Honda website. They are suggested on the FF, as having good prices. Perhaps if you take the printout from the College Hills website, your dealer will get you the cover at a better price.

All the dealers here in the USA work off the same suggested list price from Honda for parts and the dealers all get the same discount(s) off the list price from Honda.. It's just a question of how much they want to jack the price up, before they offer you a discount or deal.

The discount a dealer receives on a parts order from Honda may depend on if it's a monthly "stock order", or a daily "gotta have it now" order.

Cargo Cover

Your Price: $192.80
Retail Price: $267.78
Part # 84400-T5R-KIT

Anyone checked this part number at their local Honda dealer?
That is good advice there. I found the guy I talked to at Bernadi a little ummmm unfriendly and un helpful, when I asked about the cover he asked if I had the part number or did he have to look it up! The problem is this morning the website wouldn't show the part but would list the individual components. I opted not to spend my money with them. He said it would take a couple days to get it....I think he doesn't know doink, i will order from my dealer and tell him the price from College Hills unless they get some back in stock. I kind of figure if they don't have it then Bernadi probably cant get it any quicker

Ps: when I checked their shipping it was $37

Last edited by tmfit; 06-20-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by curlgurl
I think mine was around $200.
That is pretty much the price I have been seeing.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:55 AM
I just take the part numbers and total prices from the Bernardi site and my local dealer matches them. That way they don't have to compete with the online retailers. See if yours will do the same. I was told however that the covers were on backorder.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Just to clarify, Honda charges extra for the cargo cover--it doesn't come with the car? Or are you buying a second cargo cover?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tmport
......Honda charges extra for the cargo cover--it doesn't come with the car?.....
That is correct - cargo cover is an extra cost accessory. See the salesman have a big smile when that question is asked. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 PM
(I wish this site charged extra for emoticons)
Yeah, they charge extra. I think I got mine (for 2010 Fit) at a slight discount, it was maybe around $120. For $300 I'd buy two curtain rods or dowels, and some fabric, and make my own...

Old 07-25-2014, 09:45 AM
cargo cover - gap between cover and back seat

hi folks!
i picked up the cover for my 2015 honda fit from the dealer and after i installed i was surprised that there is a huge gap between the end of the cover and the back seats. if you look from the side window on the hatchback you can actually seen the contents of the trunk through the gap.
i live in an area where folks tell you to keep your belongs hidden to avoid break ins. so this really is an issue.
i cannot believe honda would make such a design fault on the nice honda fit.

does anyone have the same issue? i double checked the parts number and it seems to be correct.

i also tried to find pictures on the web but it seems like every part place doesn't have a pic for this part. including the official honda site...

Old 07-25-2014, 09:54 AM
BMO
Originally Posted by pat1
hi folks!
there is a huge gap between the end of the cover and the back seats.
My assumption is that the gap is to allow the rear seats to recline without having to take out the cargo cover. Someone with the cargo cover (I'm investigating a DIY...) would have to confirm, though.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by BMO
My assumption is that the gap is to allow the rear seats to recline without having to take out the cargo cover. Someone with the cargo cover (I'm investigating a DIY...) would have to confirm, though.
I have the cargo cover installed. The gap is there so that when you open the tailgate, the cargo cover can lift up. If it were flush against the seats, it would rub the seat backs, and probably not function properly.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
I have the cargo cover installed. The gap is there so that when you open the tailgate, the cargo cover can lift up. If it were flush against the seats, it would rub the seat backs, and probably not function properly.
Sure. I get that... But is the gap that large??? That you can see what is inside the trunk? See pics

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/memb...ack-seats.html

Last edited by pat1; 07-25-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by pat1
Sure. I get that... But is the gap that large??? That you can see what is inside the trunk? See pics

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - pat1's Album: Gap between cargo cover & back seats

Have you tried reclining the back seats?

Lift each seat release in turn and gently push each rear seat back. They each should recline one "notch" back, bringing them flush with the lip of the cargo cover.

[Disclaimer: this works on GE8s, the previous generation; I may wrongly be assuming it's the same in the '15s.]

Hope this helps.

~ S.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
what spieler said
on the 2nd Gen Fits, there is also a gap, but if you recline the back seats, they are flush- it is probably the same with the 3rd gen

Last edited by sooznd; 07-25-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
what spieler said
on the 2nd Gen Fits, there is also a gap, but if you recline the back seats, they are flush- it is probably the same with the 3rd gen
Yep!

OP, here are some images, in case it helps:

Originally Posted by Illusive
Now you'll have to recline your rear seats. To do this, simply pull on the latches on either side of the rear seats and then gently push the seat backs towards the rear of the car. This will recline the rear seats by a few inches. Here are the before and after shots from the front and the back of the rear seats:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

~ S.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JediPat
I just take the part numbers and total prices from the Bernardi site and my local dealer matches them. That way they don't have to compete with the online retailers. See if yours will do the same. I was told however that the covers were on backorder.
There's one dealer who refuses to match the prices from bernardiparts.com. That's Bernardi Honda of Natick, Massachusetts.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
There's one dealer who refuses to match the prices from bernardiparts.com. That's Bernardi Honda of Natick, Massachusetts.
This is true. However, they steered me to their website, and actually suggested that I shop around other sites before I ordered from their website. The guy at the counter told me the cost of ordering at the parts counter, and it was about 60% more than their website.

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover