3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Cargo LED -Huge Improvement!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nice find

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Great post about the bulbs. Very nice find. Looking forward to making this improvement.
Guarantee you'll dig it!

Old 09-09-2014, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
In stock!

This looks like the exact same one which is out-of-stock from Amazon in my original post. I haven't tried it but have purchased several LED's from SuperBrightLED's in the past and they were pretty good. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...edge-base/214/

Old 09-09-2014, 01:13 PM
ADV,

thanks for your post, it pushed me to buy the 10 pack for the cabin and the rear lic plate light update!

now I have to wait for the cargo light to come back on sale!

this is a good upgrade for this small battery!!

Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
IMHO, I think the jtech 10 pack is bit too dim and blue to be useful for the map and dome lights. Although, i think it's perfect for the license plate. As i have already changed all my interior lights and the 2 exterior lights for the license plate.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sixth
IMHO, I think the jtech 10 pack is bit too dim and blue to be useful for the map and dome lights. Although, i think it's perfect for the license plate. As i have already changed all my interior lights and the 2 exterior lights for the license plate.
I still prefer the LEDs over the stock yellowish incandescent battery-drainers -- though the slightly bluish tint of the JTech bulbs would not be my ideal bulbs. Those are what I'm currently using. If anyone else knows of a reasonably priced set of compatible LED bulbs which are pure white without the bluish coloration, I'd love to hear about it.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:53 PM
They're also from amazon , not blueish like the JTechs, but not pure white either. They're labeled as "warm white" and I prefer them over the JTech "white"

Same looking bulbs but different supplier.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
They're also from amazon , not blueish like the JTechs, but not pure white either. They're labeled as "warm white" and I prefer them over the JTech "white"

Same looking bulbs but different supplier.
Can I beg you for a link or some search terms? Lots of LED bulbs on Amazon unfortunately. I'd love to consider the ones you have in mind. While I said "pure white", I would be thrilled enough with "warm white" in lieu of "bluish white".

Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
Can I beg you for a link or some search terms? Lots of LED bulbs on Amazon unfortunately. I'd love to consider the ones you have in mind. While I said "pure white", I would be thrilled enough with "warm white" in lieu of "bluish white".

I should take a pic of it when I can. At least then u don't have to buy an item for a light color you don't want.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
for those still looking for the cargo light you can search amazon or elsewhere for the model number and get other sellers. I bought mine from
this link this link

I can't find the soft-white LEDs for the normal interior bulbs. I bought the ones labeled "white" that have a blue hue and love them with my Aegean blue exterior, blue themed head unit, and blue dash.

The LED bulbs are quite brighter and cooler than the stock ones. From the outside I can see perfectly through my 35% tint at night. It also lights up the entire interior so much better.

I have not replaced the license plate lights or the cargo light yet but will soon.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
I have this:

TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb

Amazon.com: TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb: Automotive

on order. It only costs $2.39 and is shipped free.

Specs:

TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb.
Super Bright, brand new and high quality
Low power consumption and ultra long life
Easy to install, simply to replace, convenient using
Light color: Warm white
Emitter Type: 12 SMD 5050 LED
Bulb Model: T10
Power Supply: DC 12V/2.2W
Luminous Flux: 180-195Lm
Color Temperature: Warm White (2700K-3500K)
Dimension: 45mm x 30mm x4mm
Application: Home lamp/Reading light
Package included :
1 x T10 G4 5050 12 SMD Bulb

Hopefully it will fit the Fit!!!

It is being shipped from HongKong and when it arrives I will post my results and pictures.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:16 PM
It'll fit - I ordered this one too -- but its a Warm White - not White White - so will look yellowish.... Not near as bright as what AdVPhotography installed. I ended up finding the White White on E-Bay that used a slightly different connector and then swapped it with one of my T-10's from the 10 pack I bought for the other lights in the car...

Old 09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
It'll fit - I ordered this one too -- but its a Warm White - not White White - so will look yellowish.... Not near as bright as what AdVPhotography installed. I ended up finding the White White on E-Bay that used a slightly different connector and then swapped it with one of my T-10's from the 10 pack I bought for the other lights in the car...
Do you have the eBay item number on what you bought?
Or a link to the auction?

I take "slightly different connector and then swapped it with one of my T-10's" to mean that you swapped the base connector of the T-10 onto the one you bought on eBay. Is that correct?

Thanks

Old 09-14-2014, 11:34 PM
This is the one I got.... Notice that this only has short pins on it as shown in the picture. I ended up soldering off the extensions that were on one of the extra T-10 bulbs I had left over from doing the interior lights (ones I got from Amazon from the original post) and soldering them on to this one and then just using the bottom housing from one of the T-10 connectors... Not too much work and easy to do for DIYers - but does require a little soldering as the pins on this light are way too short and need to be lengthened to work - doesn't save a lot of money but it worked out. Note, this light does not come with the T-10 base either...

G4 Base Disc Type Side Pin 10 5050SMD LED 12V AC DC 10 Watt Halogen Replacement | eBay

Reminder - You need to select White as the color to get the bright white color...

Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Had Left-over bulbs from the 10-pack and used them in the front side-marker-amber lights on my LX ... pretty nice improvement in brightness/clarity ... same peanut bulb as the interior.

TIOY!!!
Try It Out Yourself!!!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
Had Left-over bulbs from the 10-pack and used them in the front side-marker-amber lights on my LX ... pretty nice improvement in brightness/clarity ... same peanut bulb as the interior.

TIOY!!!
Try It Out Yourself!!!
Can we get some pictures?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

TIOY!!!
Try It Out Yourself!!!
Nice! Need Pics!! Right when I saw this post I ran down to the garage and checked it out. Now off to Amazon to order more bulbs since I used the rest of the 10-pack on other cars. Thanks cheesewhiz

Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
LED Bulb for Side-marker

Originally Posted by nijkap
Can we get some pictures?
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
Nice! Need Pics!! Right when I saw this post I ran down to the garage and checked it out. Now off to Amazon to order more bulbs since I used the rest of the 10-pack on other cars. Thanks cheesewhiz
HA! I also was using up my bulbs on my truck's parking lamps and license plate (huge improvement, '02 Tacoma) but I had two bulbs left. Started scrutinizing those side markers ... very easy to replace.

Don't think the interior of this particular lens has reflective coating (appears to be black) otherwise would be even brighter!

Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, by the way, these are the omni-directional bulbs ADVphotography blessed us with in his How-To-Guide:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...bulbs-led.html

Link for the bulbs:
Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

I wonder how the uni-directional cargo-lamp bulbs would work on the side-markers? I don't have any more of those .... Would be more difficult as the lamp would have to be twisted into the lens just right!!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 09-17-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Mistakes
Old 09-17-2014, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Gorilla Tit

I wonder how the uni-directional cargo-lamp bulbs would work on the side-markers? I don't have any more of those .... Would be more difficult as the lamp would have to be twisted into the lens just right!!
On closer inspection: Side marker light fixture is keyed to only enter the "lens" one way. The "blade" (contacts) of the bulb are in the correct orientation, but some of these bulbs are polarized. each of the bulbs I installed in the side markers did not work till I turned them 180 degrees. If any of you have those uni-directional bulbs (all LED's facing one direction) you can try it and post your results. Meanwhile I'll wait to order them

Old 09-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Please give updated links for LED lights for interior and cargo area - thx

I'm trying to figure out what LEDs to buy based on all the comments for this thread.

I'm looking for a pure white (not a warm white) to replace the dome lights, etc. (It would be a variant of the Jtech 10 pack that someone talked about earlier; I don't want the bluish cast of those Jtechs.)(I don't want the ones that are really bright like the pancake shaped LED.)

Then I looked at a lot of the links for the pancake shaped LED for the cargo light. Several of them are no longer available. It looks like some of the links had the incorrect socket arrangement. Could someone please post the links for both of these? Many thanks.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by JFit123
I'm trying to figure out what LEDs to buy based on all the comments for this thread.

I'm looking for a pure white (not a warm white) to replace the dome lights, etc. (It would be a variant of the Jtech 10 pack that someone talked about earlier; I don't want the bluish cast of those Jtechs.)(I don't want the ones that are really bright like the pancake shaped LED.)

Then I looked at a lot of the links for the pancake shaped LED for the cargo light. Several of them are no longer available. It looks like some of the links had the incorrect socket arrangement. Could someone please post the links for both of these? Many thanks.
I would like to know where to get them, too. Honestly, I don't know what all the letters and numbers associated with each of these bulbs means, but am gathering that the bulb is a T10. I don't know which bulb style or base (pin?) style I'm supposed to be looking for though, so if anyone knows of links where to get the pure white (or I thought I saw someone mention some that were almost pink/purple hued, but I don't want warm white), can you please post the link? Would be super appreciated, as I'm trying to learn all these things as I go.

Quick Reply: Cargo LED -Huge Improvement!