For those who want to use aftermarket, or other oem shift knobs. - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo View Post
Good Idea,
Do you know the weight of it?
Not sure, i can weigh it tomorrow if you like. Any ways here is the update with the new knob and the oem boot ring and such.

I love it so far!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:45 PM

Looking good Apex. I have a question about the low profile boot ring from the top of the thread. I see that it's threaded and I'm wondering how you turn it after it is secured to the boot cover, without twisting up the actual boot cover (I hope that made sense).

Do you just make the zip tie on the inside loose enough for the ring to turn in but tight enough so it doesn't slide out of the boot cover?

Right now I have a shift knob with a lock nut under it and my shift boot is just kind of hanging out, detached. There is a noticeable gap, which is annoying, but what's more annoying is that the boot ring clicks against the knob when I shift. I was thinking I could secure some magnets to the existing boot ring that would hold it to the knob/lock nut, but I don't think that would alleviate the click sounds; it might even enhance them haha.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_x View Post
Looking good Apex. I have a question about the low profile boot ring from the top of the thread. I see that it's threaded and I'm wondering how you turn it after it is secured to the boot cover, without twisting up the actual boot cover (I hope that made sense).

Do you just make the zip tie on the inside loose enough for the ring to turn in but tight enough so it doesn't slide out of the boot cover?

Right now I have a shift knob with a lock nut under it and my shift boot is just kind of hanging out, detached. There is a noticeable gap, which is annoying, but what's more annoying is that the boot ring clicks against the knob when I shift. I was thinking I could secure some magnets to the existing boot ring that would hold it to the knob/lock nut, but I don't think that would alleviate the click sounds; it might even enhance them haha.
I never got the chance to zip tie that one as i wanted to try the acura one first. But thats what i would do. It fits very snug to the boot any ways. So you shouldnt have to over toghten the zip tie.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM

Hey Apex, so the console needs to come out to put the new ring on the boot?