3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

For those who want to use aftermarket, or other oem shift knobs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
Good Idea,
Do you know the weight of it?
Not sure, i can weigh it tomorrow if you like. Any ways here is the update with the new knob and the oem boot ring and such.
Name:  0E6544F6-115C-4E72-ACC9-035BEFACB4B2.jpg
Views: 4116
Size:  24.1 KB
Name:  0C3AC15A-6C30-4800-A581-86E7ECA728B3.jpg
Views: 4044
Size:  19.4 KB
Name:  491E2807-0012-4467-A8A5-C36CD3F294AC.jpg
Views: 4367
Size:  26.2 KB
Name:  CD02E4B9-B6F7-47E3-975F-D92D5628D750.jpg
Views: 4601
Size:  33.1 KB

I love it so far!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:45 PM
m_x
Looking good Apex. I have a question about the low profile boot ring from the top of the thread. I see that it's threaded and I'm wondering how you turn it after it is secured to the boot cover, without twisting up the actual boot cover (I hope that made sense).

Do you just make the zip tie on the inside loose enough for the ring to turn in but tight enough so it doesn't slide out of the boot cover?

Right now I have a shift knob with a lock nut under it and my shift boot is just kind of hanging out, detached. There is a noticeable gap, which is annoying, but what's more annoying is that the boot ring clicks against the knob when I shift. I was thinking I could secure some magnets to the existing boot ring that would hold it to the knob/lock nut, but I don't think that would alleviate the click sounds; it might even enhance them haha.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
Looking good Apex. I have a question about the low profile boot ring from the top of the thread. I see that it's threaded and I'm wondering how you turn it after it is secured to the boot cover, without twisting up the actual boot cover (I hope that made sense).

Do you just make the zip tie on the inside loose enough for the ring to turn in but tight enough so it doesn't slide out of the boot cover?

Right now I have a shift knob with a lock nut under it and my shift boot is just kind of hanging out, detached. There is a noticeable gap, which is annoying, but what's more annoying is that the boot ring clicks against the knob when I shift. I was thinking I could secure some magnets to the existing boot ring that would hold it to the knob/lock nut, but I don't think that would alleviate the click sounds; it might even enhance them haha.
I never got the chance to zip tie that one as i wanted to try the acura one first. But thats what i would do. It fits very snug to the boot any ways. So you shouldnt have to over toghten the zip tie.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Hey Apex, so the console needs to come out to put the new ring on the boot?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 PM
I realize the thread is a little old, but if anyone out there is interested, I've used a number of shift knobs throughout the years (DC Sports, Skunk2, ARC Titanium shift knob, Mugen, etc.) . Shift knobs always depend on vehicle, setup, and personal preference. I think most will agree that a nice heavy weight shift knob is a huge improvement in the Fit. Without preaching too much, if you're willing to invest in a nice shift knob, Raceseng manufactures (in the US!), in my opinion, the absolute best knobs. After using in an 86, I couldn't go back and bought one for my Fit as well. It feels incredible - from the ideal weight to the perfect feel in your hands. They're also super customizable. Anyway, a shift knob is something that you use all the time in a manual car so I think it's a worthwhile investment.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Spoon Sports Aluminum shift knob fits perfectly into the stock ring that attaches to the knob.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:37 PM
I used a Spoon Sports shift knob, but found it to be too small and light. I went with the RSX/S2000 shift knob pictured at the top of the page and like it a lot more, although it does get cold overnight, even when I cover it with gloves and such.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:26 PM
I went to the Raceseng website and really liked what I saw. Worth the extra money not to have to remove the console alone, plus they had a hand size guide that lets you buy the correct shifter for you hand. I thought the translucent finish was particularly beautiful. Looking at the Prolix in smoke translucent. Blue looks great too, but I am concerned the color might attract thieves, even though I have a LoJack and a burglar alarm. Better not to have the problem even if you have a solution. Look like it would add a little height, which I think would be a benefit to me. Thanks. LegenD! What a great recommendation!

Dave

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Crazy Dave
I went to the Raceseng website and really liked what I saw. Worth the extra money not to have to remove the console alone, plus they had a hand size guide that lets you buy the correct shifter for you hand. I thought the translucent finish was particularly beautiful. Looking at the Prolix in smoke translucent. Blue looks great too, but I am concerned the color might attract thieves, even though I have a LoJack and a burglar alarm. Better not to have the problem even if you have a solution. Look like it would add a little height, which I think would be a benefit to me. Thanks. LegenD! What a great recommendation!

Dave
Hey Dave, I’m happy to hear you found my recommendation useful. The guys at Raceseng are super passionate about what they create and it really shows through the quality of their products. Other than the excellent range of customizability, the finish is just unrivalled (IMO and experience of course).

As for theft concerns, I think that goes with any car modification unfortunately. Thankfully, I feel that the Fit isn’t on the theft radar as much as other vehicles.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:10 PM
It does look like a very well thought out and executed product. Of course you have to pay for that. The finish does look great, maybe even better in persson. I will be ordering it shortly. That, and some bodywork from a parking lot ding are my next planned action for my Fit.

Dave