3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Stop iPod/iPhone autoplay of music library?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Stop iPod/iPhone autoplay of music library?

When I plug in my iPod or iPhone in with the usb cord and choose Audio with the iPod as source, it immediately starts playing the first track of the first album in my library.

It's not a song I'm always in the mood for.

Is there any way that I can have it set to audio>iPod and have it wait to play a track until I have selected something in particular? Sometimes I don't even want to play something I'm my library, but rather play an audiobook in audible or music from songza or another app. Those apps work with the audio system but the moment I turn the app off, it defaults back to autoplay of my music library.

Basically I want the default to be "not play" until I can choose a track/app I want and then press play.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
This also happens with the USB stick and it is indeed annoying, especially since it finds one about half-way down in my list of genre folders, under which are nested artist folders, and then album folders. My solution will be to make a recording of five minutes of silence and try to figure out how to name it or organize it so the unit picks it up as the first song. You might try to do that with your iPhone/iPod library.

That may be a LOT tougher than it sounds. There has to be, but there seems to be, no logic to how the unit numbers songs. I'll start a separate thread for that, but for the silence recording, the solution MAY be to make it the only playable song at the root level, the rest being folders.

Hope this helps.

[edit - this turns out not to be so much of a problem once you stop removing and replacing the USB stick. Switching to USB, it picks up where it last left off. But you can't leave your iPhone connected all the time.]

Last edited by Fitmo; 10-18-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Weird that yours plays the first song of the first album for you. Mine plays all songs, starting alphabetically. It's done that with every iPhone I've had, and my old Fit did that too. That's why I'm really tired of A-Punk by Vampire Weekend.