3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

WeatherTech Cargo Mat Available

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
WeatherTech Cargo Mat Available

I just got an email from WeatherTech saying that the cargo liner is available for the 2015 Fit. The price is $110. I paid $74 for the Honda mat, delivered. It's hard to tell what it's really like from their generic pictures.

2015 Honda Fit | WeatherTech Custom Cargo Liners Cargo Mat | WeatherTech.com

Old 01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Hmmm... now I wish I'd bought that instead! :-) I like the mats I bought for the front.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Would love to see pictures of it if anybody has received theirs yet. Trying to see if it is worth the upgrade from my DIY carpet liner in the back.

I ride mainly with the back seats folded down and the dogs in the back so interested to see what it looks like and where the upturned edges are. Thanks!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pilsnerpopper
Would love to see pictures of it if anybody has received theirs yet. Trying to see if it is worth the upgrade from my DIY carpet liner in the back.

I ride mainly with the back seats folded down and the dogs in the back so interested to see what it looks like and where the upturned edges are. Thanks!
My back seats are usually folded down, too. My son got the Honda cargo mat, which has the high sides, unlike my Lloyd's Mat. The Honda mat is pretty lightweight, and I know that WeatherTech is usually heavier. I'll have to compare the Honda cargo mat with the WeatherTech front mats for thickness.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Got mine last Friday.

Name:  T786MpDl.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  cbtsPW5l.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  Y5RPZs3l.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  zmSTRoPl.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  27.2 KB

Seats down:
Name:  gM1Rjm0l.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  8wsVGHsl.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  58.8 KB

Old 01-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shifty Pony
Got mine last Friday.
That looks really nice! Are you happy with it?

Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Oh yes, very. It fits perfectly and the material is grippy enough that stuff doesn't slide around. Some nice touches too like the angle of the lip matching the rear pillar slope and all the tie-down points being completely unblocked. Weathertech makes good stuff, although I prefer (and bought) husky liners for floor mats because they tend to be a bit more rubbery and less slick under your feet when wet.

The only downside is that it is still not laying completely flat after being rolled up for shipping. I'm sure once the summer heat comes around to soften it up a touch that won't be a problem.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have their front floor mats? I'm wondering how thick the material is. My Lloyd Mat is thick, but the Honda matis rather thin. I don't know how much difference thickness makes. It's not like I'll be carrying heavy, pointy things that will poke holes in it. The Honda mat came rolled up, too, and it flattened out just fine.

Thanks for the pictures.

EDIT: Since the mat was rolled for shipment, it must be thinner than their regular floor mats because the ones I have in the front of my Fit would definitely not be rollable.

Last edited by SilverEX15; 01-05-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Oh yes, very. It fits perfectly and the material is grippy enough that stuff doesn't slide around. Some nice touches too like the angle of the lip matching the rear pillar slope and all the tie-down points being completely unblocked. Weathertech makes good stuff, although I prefer (and bought) husky liners for floor mats because they tend to be a bit more rubbery and less slick under your feet when wet.

The only downside is that it is still not laying completely flat after being rolled up for shipping. I'm sure once the summer heat comes around to soften it up a touch that won't be a problem.
Awesome, thanks for the review. It definitely looks very high quality! I actually read a lot of complaints about the OEM tray having the same issue - not laying fully flat when you first get it, so I guess it's pretty normal for all of them, especially in the winter.

I have the WT fronts and backs and will now definitely be getting the WT cargo liner after seeing the pictures.
Now if only the darn Fit I put a down payment on 3.5 weeks ago would get here!!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:51 PM
I've been quite happy with my OEM cargo liner. It came shipped flat from Honda Part World so no issues in that regard. Stuff doesn't seem to slide around much, but not quite as grippy as the carpet. Should be good protection when I have to put dirty trail work tools and equipment in the back. Plus, I like having the Fit name displayed on the liner.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Do you have their front floor mats? I'm wondering how thick the material is. My Lloyd Mat is thick, but the Honda matis rather thin. I don't know how much difference thickness makes. It's not like I'll be carrying heavy, pointy things that will poke holes in it. The Honda mat came rolled up, too, and it flattened out just fine.

Thanks for the pictures.

EDIT: Since the mat was rolled for shipment, it must be thinner than their regular floor mats because the ones I have in the front of my Fit would definitely not be rollable.
Just going on previous weathertech experience I think the cargo mat is the same thickness or a bit thicker than their front mate but it certainly feels like it is made if a more flexible material.

Or perhaps just being big and flat makes it easier to bend.

Either way it looks OEM and provides a heck of a lot more durable surface than the normal carpet in the back. Now I just need to figure out how to protect the backs of the seats while I'm hauling my bikes.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't yet have the OEM all-weather mats. Should be arriving in the next few days. As for protecting back of seats, what I've been doing in putting down a thick towel and that works fine. Another option would be a piece of carpet but the towel would be handier as you could leave it in the car all the time.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
You could probably try laying it down flat somewhere in the house where the floor is reasonably warm and leave it there for a few days until it's flattened out (walk on it a bit as necessary) and then take it outside and place it in the car.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:15 PM
I was going through old forum posts and saw pictures of a black fitted sheet being used for the back - I thought it was pretty brilliant! Obviously not for super heavy/dirty items though.
Here's the post: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1122913

Old 01-05-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Now I just need to figure out how to protect the backs of the seats while I'm hauling my bikes.
One (costly) solution would be a bike rack mounted on a trailer hitch. I'll be putting a hitch on mine when it arrives from Torklift.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:43 AM
One (costly) solution would be a bike rack mounted on a trailer hitch. I'll be putting a hitch on mine when it arrives from Torklift.
I think I read somewhere that the space provided behind the front seats when the rear magic seats are flipped up was specifically designed for fitting in a couple of bikes, maybe with their front wheels removed.

If that's the case then some simple blanket draping would protect the seats and the wheels could go in the back on the tray.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MyFreakFit
I think I read somewhere that the space provided behind the front seats when the rear magic seats are flipped up was specifically designed for fitting in a couple of bikes, maybe with their front wheels removed.

If that's the case then some simple blanket draping would protect the seats and the wheels could go in the back on the tray.
So two bikes or four unicycles?

Old 01-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by MyFreakFit

Can confirm they fit just great.

Name:  Kx3avyTl.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  60.7 KB

I have a couple fork mounts for truck beds coming that I'm going to mount to some plywood. A towel under and around the back tires will work but it would be nice to have a more elegant solution.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:30 PM
That looks awesome! Fork mounts should take care of the lean on turns. Happy riding!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
So two bikes or four unicycles?
A real smart ass could probably do even better than that.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Cargo Mat Available