3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

DIY: ACUITY Instruments Throttle Pedal Spacer Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
DIY: ACUITY Instruments Throttle Pedal Spacer Installation

If you're looking at this section of the forum, there is good chance that you already feel that trying to heel-toe can be difficult in our GK Fits. This is due to the the throttle/gas/accelerator assembly being mounted directly to the firewall without much thickness to the base of the assembly. I will be showing you how to install the Throttle Pedal Spacer by Acuity Instruments. They have designed a kit that allows the driver to select one of 3 possible non-stock pedal locations. Each location providing a slightly different driving feel.

After installing the the pedal spacer, you will immediately feel heel-toe to be easier and therefore downshifting to become smoother. Prior to installation it was difficult for me to heel-toe without excess angle in my right ankle because of how low the throttle pedal was in relation to the brake pedal. In fact there was about 3.5cm of height difference.

After installation some adjustment to the pedal mount location (A,B,C on spacer), seating position, and steering wheel position will be required in order to feel comfortable. I settled on position C after trying each position for a few days each.

Tools Required:
-3/8" M5 Hex socket (I used a T30 Torx since I didn't have a M5)
-3/8" 12mm socket
-3/8" Rachet with two extension
-3/8" Torque wrench
-A good light source (it's dark under there..)

Procedure:

Step 1: Disconnect negative terminal on battery with 10mm just to be safe.

Step 2: Remove the three 12mm nuts holding the throttle pedal assembly to the firewall using your ratchet, extensions and 12mm socket.
Put the nuts aside and don't lose them since you will be using them again in Step 4.

Step 3: Once you have the nuts off and aside, detach the connector on top of the throttle assembly, and remove assembly off of firewall.

Step 4: Mount the spacer to the firewall using the nuts you removed in Step 2. Using the torque wrench, extensions, and 12mm socket, torque the nuts down to 10ft-lb.

Step 5: Using the supplied hex bolts and washers, mount the throttle assembly to the spacer. I would recommend starting off in position "B" Again using the M5(T30 Torx) socket, extensions, and torque wrench, torque all bolts down to 10ft-lb.

Step 6: Attach the connector to the top of the throttle, connect negative terminal, and don't forget to reset your clock.

Enjoy!!

Old 10-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing, nisco!

Old 11-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Nice post, thanks for your hard work