3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Low Tire Pressure Message; not the ( ! ) symbol

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Low Tire Pressure Message; not the ( ! ) symbol

My less than a month old 2019 Fit Sport CVT just notified me that my tire pressure is low. No warning light ( ! ) on the dash but an envelope with ! icon on the entertainment console with a message that my tire.pressure was low. I checked the tire pressure on all tires and they were all fine at 34 or 36 I think but definitely not low.

I don't get why the car computer alerted me of that. Can't seem to remove the message as well as that envelope icon is still on the top center of the entertainment screen. Anyone have any idea what's happening here? Service Center is closed already.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 PM
I can't speak for the 2019s but with my 2016 it doesn't measure tire pressure per se but uses the ABS to see if one wheel is spinning faster than the others. Which would happen if it's low on air.
If you're sure the pressures are all okay then you can follow the procedure in the manual to reset the computer. In the 2016 there's a below-dash button on the left side to hold down until a light goes off.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
I can't speak for the 2019s but with my 2016 it doesn't measure tire pressure per se but uses the ABS to see if one wheel is spinning faster than the others. Which would happen if it's low on air.
If you're sure the pressures are all okay then you can follow the procedure in the manual to reset the computer. In the 2016 there's a below-dash button on the left side to hold down until a light goes off.
Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at that. And yes, the tire pressure of all four tires were good.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
If you've checked all the pressures, then go into the settings on the guage cluster menu (the one controlled by the buttons on the bottom right of the steering wheel). there will be a TPMS section, and a "calibrate" option. Select calibrate, then drive like normal. It will take a little bit of time/miles before the message goes away, but it will go away on it's own

Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
His concern is that the low tire pressure amber colored icon did not showed up whereas, it was indicated in his display screen. The question is why not? Does the 2019 model changed the warning from the icon to screen display? I have a 2017 LX so low pressure warning is never on the display screen.

Last edited by wasserball; 04-21-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by wasserball
His concern is that the low tire pressure amber colored icon did not showed up whereas, it was indicated in his display screen. The question is why not? Does the 2019 model changed the warning from the icon to screen display? I have a 2017 LX so low pressure warning is never on the display screen.
My 2018 EX throws the (!) symbol on the IP Display- I haven't ever seen that message come across the radio display before.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:43 PM
Wow. So I was curious and downloaded the 2019 owner's manual.
It seems to imply there's a dashboard light for a flat, just like in previous years. But then later it implies that some vehicles have the info/reset as part of the radio.

So Battousai, let me ask this- when you first start the car does the flat tire light come on, on the dashboard? (in other words, is there even a light for that on the dash, or is it only on the radio?)

FYI the manual I downloaded is for the US and I do see that you're in Canada.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Wow. So I was curious and downloaded the 2019 owner's manual.
It seems to imply there's a dashboard light for a flat, just like in previous years. But then later it implies that some vehicles have the info/reset as part of the radio.

So Battousai, let me ask this- when you first start the car does the flat tire light come on, on the dashboard? (in other words, is there even a light for that on the dash, or is it only on the radio?)

FYI the manual I downloaded is for the US and I do see that you're in Canada.
Here is what my dash looks like when I start the car. I don't see any low tire light there. Last week, the Honda head technician or Foreman (I think?) said that Civics and Fits here in Canada don't have TPMS. They're still trying to figure out what the heck this is.