3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2017 Fit EX Smartphone Connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 06:21 PM
Question 2017 Fit EX Smartphone Connectivity

Apologies in advance if the answers I seek should be more obvious, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere with all my searches.

Just got a used Fit as my first big boy car and absolutely love it. While learning a stick has been nerve-racking, what a welcoming and forgiving little vehicle. Anyways, I got a little butthurt learning about lack of Android Auto, but I'm trying to figure out what I do have access to. I'm using a Samsung Note5, which works seamlessly with Bluetooth audio, but I can't get the two arrows to see what else I might have access to to do anything for me. "Smartphone is not compatible," it says. I did a bunch of restarting and reconnecting to see what I could make happen, but I got nothin'. I'm seeing a Sygic as a possible navigation app this way, but I can't confirm.

I know my phone's dated a bit and plan on getting a new one anyhow, but what am I missing out on? Should I be able to access more via the two right facing arrows on my home display already?

Sincerely, thank you for any information!

EDIT: I've since learned how the people 2017 and before get boned and have tried some complicated workarounds since the lack of support from Nokia's whatever connectivity thing. So, phone mount it is. Still open to ideas and how you people deal with the lackluster head unit functionality and what apps might be worthwhile if I can get it to work, though.

Last edited by Necrat; 06-20-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Learned more