3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Working Versions of HondaLink IOS Apps for Honda Fit EX 2017 (Sorry Android People!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Working Versions of HondaLink IOS Apps for Honda Fit EX 2017 (Sorry Android People!)

Hi All. If you're at your wit's end on how to make this damn HondaLink system work with your iPhone/iPad (sorry Android people), make sure your iPhone/iPad language setting is set to English and your apps' versions are below

HondaLink App Launcher v1.6.1 (latest as of today)
HondaLink v3.0.1 (the latest version will crash your system)
HondaLink Navigation v2.2.0 (latest as of today)
HondaLink Aha v.3.1.1 (the latest version will crash your system)
iHeartRadio Auto v1.7.9 (the latest version will crash your system)

This combination is working very well for my Fit EX 2017. If you have your iPhone/iPad on auto-update, you'll need to TURN OFF AUTO-UPDATE so the App Store won't overwrite your working versions with the new Honda JUNKS.

Also, from my experience, the least aggravating way of using HondaLink is to ONLY rely on it for drives longer than FOUR HOURS and also NOT running the apps out of your PRIMARY PHONE.

In my setup, I run HondaLink apps out of my iPad Mini 3 only when I go to the Bay Area, Vegas or Phoenix (from Orange County). This is my routine:
  • Hook up the damn cables.
  • Start the car.
  • Launch HondaLink from the head unit.
  • Launch all the apps (one by one) from the head unit and answer YES to all the STUPID permission questions for each app on the iPhone/iPad. If you launch the apps first and answer those questions and then start the car HondaLink will ask for your permissions all over AGAIN!
  • Stow the iPad Mini 3 in my center console armrest storage box
  • Put in my destination in the Navi app and zoom all the way in into 3D mode. I use the HondaLink Navi app to aid in seeing how the road will bend ahead of me.
  • Launch Aha or iHeartRadio and pick my station, switch back to Navi (by pressing the Home button on the head unit, then the double arrow on the right hand side of the screen to get back to the App Launcher and click on Navigation. You'll use this routine to switch in and out of any app)
  • Drive away merrily

--- Not HondaLink related but I also do this ---

• Mount my Nexus 6 PRIMARY PHONE on the vent mount. Launch Google Maps. Put in my destination and zoom to FULL ROUTE. I use Google Maps to aid in seeing how far I have gone and how much more road I still need to cover

As you can see, there are TOO MANY STEPS to do to get this HondaLink system to work so I only use it for long drives. When I drive on the Interstates, especially at night, I need to both know how the road will bend ahead of me (HondaLink) and how long I still need to drive (Google Maps), that's why my Nexus 6 is not enough and I need to use HondaLink too.

If you need the specific versions of the apps above, you can download the IPAs from my OneDrive share here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtEXtNXmQC5hkEaxe6NmniAnQUUa

Hope my write-up helps a few people giving HondaLink another try.

Last edited by sumtingwong; 06-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.