3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Podcast apps

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Podcast apps

Before I start criticizing my EX's audio system, I am curious as to what pod app you all are using. I am using the standard apple podcast app and have downloaded the latest ios version on the iphone 5. Not really interested in paying for a podcast app, but want to know if any of you can recommend a free podcast app that might be working well while connected to the Fit.

The Fit seems to get confused when I ask it to play unplayed podcasts or lists podcasts that aren't actually podcast you hear when it is selected.

Would be nice to think it is the crappy apple podcast app rather than the crappy fit audio system.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:50 AM
m_x
I use the Apple Podcast App. The Fit does seem to get a little bit confused though. I find myself just using the phone to navigate the app itself and sort of just play it through the Fit. I do notice that if I have several unplayed episodes , it will automatically play through them all. I haven't successful navigated from one cast to another though. For example if I have 3 unplayed Radiolabs, it will play them one after another. However if I want to switch from RL to Freakonomics, I have to do it on the phone.

For a while I was using Stitcher and I thought it was decent. I haven't tried it in the Fit though.

What do you typically listen to? I like RadioLab, This American Life, lately Serial has me intrigued, Freakonomics, 99% Invisible, Cracked tends to be interesting, Uhh Yeah Dude cracks me up, I have a bunch of history podcasts that I fill in with and if all else fails, Fresh Air puts out like 6 episodes a day so I fill in with that. TED is good sometimes but I'd rather watch the talks. I have a half hour commute, so podcasts save the day.

Between podcasts and Pandora, I'm like "what's Sirius?"

Old 11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Serial, but I might be about ready to give up on it. Just kind of dislike the protagonist. A LOT.

The Sounds in my Head. Love this.

NYT Book Review -- hit or miss.

On Being - too hippy and breathy, but when it is a hit it is awesome.

WTF with Marc Maron - love this guy.

Economist All Audio

Stuff You Should Know. Raretly a hit.

Radio lab

TED Radio Hour

KEXP Music that matters

NPR All Songs Considered

Freakonomics

Old 11-07-2014, 12:51 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by oman
Serial, but I might be about ready to give up on it. Just kind of dislike the protagonist. A LOT.
Me too. But I want to hear from Jay before I stop listening.

I had to quit Stuff You Should Know. I find them to be extremely boring to listen to, even when the topic is interesting. I just subscribe to Sounds In My Head; thanks for the recommendation!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds in My Head can be a little euro and a bit on the lighter side, but it is a nice complement to some of the punkier stuff on the KEXP podcast.