3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aftermarket Fog light Turn signal front & back, help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 11:00 PM
Aftermarket Fog light Turn signal front & back, help

Hey guys I'm new here & this is my first post. I have a 2019 Fit base model without fog lights.

I want to install these light front and back shown below. The front lights have a white and yellow functionality. I want to wire in the white to the DRL which seems straightforward. Additionally, I want to wire the yellow lights to the turn signals. And for the back lights I would like them wired in to the turn signals as well if possible. The standard rear turn signals are quite dim and I want to increase visibility.

In order to do this I was planning to put an "add a circuit" fuse on the DRL which is easy enough. However for the turn signals I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't want to tap any wires directly with a T junction.

After looking at the fuses, I spotted a HAZARD fuse. I'm curious if anyone knows more about the functionality of this fuse. Does this control only the hazards or also the turn signals? Also, if I were to wire all the lights to the HAZARD fuse, how would the car be able to discern left from right? I assume it would light up both at once.

Finally, I spotted the STOP fuse which I assume is for the LED brake lights not the turn signals. However I have no way to confirm the functionality of these fuses because these they are showing me 12v at all times even with the key out.

I'm new to automotive electrical and I'm not sure how to go about this properly. Any suggestions?

The lights if you are curious.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:22 PM
Hey guys,

I have manage to complete this project and this is what I have learned for those that may be curious:

While there is a fuse for the hazard switch in the fuse box there is no particular fuse for the turn signals. In order to avoid tapping into my wiring harness what I did was purchase some T20 connections on Amazon. Two male and two female 2-pin connectors for the rear light setup. For the front; two female and two male 3-pin connectors. These simply plug the male end into the turn signal socket where the bulb goes. Then the lights are wired into the connector and the female side of the connector is where you put the bulb. Same effect as tapping into the wires but it's easily reversible.

For the DRL function there are two fuse locations. Under the hood fuse box there is a blank spot with no fuse. If you put a fuse there it gets power all the time which is no good. Under the steering wheel fuse box there is another DRL fuse which you can tap into. This only gets power when the key is on. This is where I put a fuse tap. Then I attached a relay and a switch to the tapped fuse. This was the best solution so that I didn't have to hack up my original harness.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:31 PM
I know I'm talking to myself here but someone will find this useful:

If you want easier access through the firewall, rather than going to the main harness which is behind the engine, you can route the fog light wires behind the driver side wheel well cover and into the same grommet that the hood latch goes into. On the inside of the car, this is located right behind the hood latch lever. Route the wires through there and it will be near the fuse box you are tapping. Much easier.