3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 U.S.-spec Honda Fit confirmed for NAIAS launch in January

Old 01-18-2014, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ephnit View Post
That would cannibalize sales of the insight and possibly civic hybrids. I hope Honda discontinues the insight soon

Look at the number on the Insight: 4,802. It will likely disappear soon. As for the Civic Hybrid? Look at it, only 7,719? Can't they see people don't want them!

Here is the report.

Wouldn't you rather spend the $ on the Fit Hybrid than the Fit with moon-roof?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:04 PM
I want to know if we are getting the RS or not.I'm pretty sure there will not be 3 trims base,sport,RS

so maybe we will get a sport that is the same as the RS for the rest of the world

I have yet to see a RS with left side steering wheel but Jalopnik reports the RS is coming to the U.S.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
I want to know if we are getting the RS or not.I'm pretty sure there will not be 3 trims base,sport,RS

so maybe we will get a sport that is the same as the RS for the rest of the world

I have yet to see a RS with left side steering wheel but Jalopnik reports the RS is coming to the U.S.
I believe everything we have been seeing including what my friend spotted is not the RS or Sport version due to the spoiler and a few other things that the RS version has in Japan.

I haven't heard of anything being confirmed as to whether there is going to be a Sport version but I would believe there should be since the GD & GE both had one

Old 01-19-2014, 11:14 PM
I guess we just have to wait and see.I have a feeling Honda has something good coming in the near future with the new Earth dream turbo motors.

They will most likely be used in other models but It dont hurt to dream of a Fit Type R

Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
From what I have read it will be LX, EX, EX-L, base and sport trim labels will be dropped.

I would love, but highly doubt, a RS/sport trim will be offered (at least initially).....I really love the Japanese RS and would be really tempted to trade in my GE for one.....

Based on what I have seen on what appears to be the top model (EX-L) I would have plenty of upgrades to make vs the Japanese RS, not sure it would be worth doing all this on a new car:
- auto climate control
- RS side skirts
- RS rear spoiler
- RS LED DRLs
- RS projector headlights

There is likely more ....lol

Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
We may see the Fit Hybrid, but it will likely be the sedan model that will get it, probably by this time in 2015. The SUV based on the new Fit platform will likely arrive late this year.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cmjmarvin View Post
A Honda salesman today told me there will be no such thing as a 2014 Fit since the 2015 is coming out so early. I asked if there might be an AWD Fit in the future (I live in NH), and he said there may be one out by this fall. Does anyone else know anything about this?
they have an awd "small urban suv" model based on the fit platform that went for sale in japan in december. it is supposed to be for sale "mid summer" in the usa.
1.5 turbo version
hybrid version
front wheel drive version, and awd version

honda "vezel." name will be different for usa version. looks very interesting. what i can find is 18,000-26,000 $ (translated from yen) claiming it will get up to 40mpg (fwd). 63mpg for the hybrid. numbers not confirmed for the usa yet though.

if the awd version gets anywhere in the 30mpg range, my plan of keeping my second honda ten years, same as the element i had, will go out the window !

New Honda Vezel will compete with Subaru Crosstrek, Nissan Juke

Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
The Juke and Vezel make me feel really old. Kind of like seeing One Direction on top of the music charts. Do not understand at all.

To me those things are a 4wd with all the disadvantages and none of the benefits of actually being able to go off road. Yet they sell so well.

My mum has been into softroaders for years and so Ive driven RAV4s and Xtrails etc a fair bit and totally hate them. What am I missing here?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic View Post
The Juke and Vezel make me feel really old. Kind of like seeing One Direction on top of the music charts. Do not understand at all.

To me those things are a 4wd with all the disadvantages and none of the benefits of actually being able to go off road. Yet they sell so well.

My mum has been into softroaders for years and so Ive driven RAV4s and Xtrails etc a fair bit and totally hate them. What am I missing here?
You're not missing anything, you've got something....common sense.

Worse mpg, less space, higher price tag, worse on-road manners and yet they sell like hot cakes, makes zero sense.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Don't you know that 4x4 + big car = safety?

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member

if you don't like em, you don't like em. lots of choices out there! people by mustang gt's here, and then wonder why they get stuck 30 feet from home ??
i am plenty old enough i don't care about going offroad, or high performance anymore. functionality is what i look for. i nearly bought the subaru crosstrek instead of the fit. for me, the awd is practical because of the snow here, and my long, steep driveway. at times the fit can't get to my garage, even with snow tires, before i clean it off. my awd honda element could. if the extra ground clearance and awd on the vezel keeps the mpg in the twenties, i'm not interested, but if they can get into the 30's with awd...i'm in.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by dlivry7 View Post
if you don't like em, you don't like em. lots of choices out there! people by mustang gt's here, and then wonder why they get stuck 30 feet from home ??
i am plenty old enough i don't care about going offroad, or high performance anymore. functionality is what i look for. i nearly bought the subaru crosstrek instead of the fit. for me, the awd is practical because of the snow here, and my long, steep driveway. at times the fit can't get to my garage, even with snow tires, before i clean it off. my awd honda element could. if the extra ground clearance and awd on the vezel keeps the mpg in the twenties, i'm not interested, but if they can get into the 30's with awd...i'm in.
Im guessing you dont get the choice of the 4wd fit either? The snow is never bad enough in Osaka to need it and there is no snow in Melbourne, so I guess that is the demographic of people I was talking about and didnt understand.

I think they feel quite unstable compared to a normal car and due to higher weight are worse on fuel and braking. Not sure how bad the snow is where you are from and how much ground clearance you need so perhaps a soft roader does have a practical place on the planet

Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Im guessing you dont get the choice of the 4wd fit either? The snow is never bad enough in Osaka to need it and there is no snow in Melbourne, so I guess that is the demographic of people I was talking about and didnt understand.

I think they feel quite unstable compared to a normal car and due to higher weight are worse on fuel and braking. Not sure how bad the snow is where you are from and how much ground clearance you need so perhaps a soft roader does have a practical place on the planet
Nope, based on his location he gets the same amounts of snow as I do...yet I have zero issues in my lowered Fit.

And I live in a very rural area.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:05 AM
Where do i get this audio setup for my fit ?

Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
maybe Im dillusional but dont think it ended up THAT bad?

Agreed. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.