3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Love to hate the new Fit/Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by redsun
Beautiful car. It hasn't taken long for me to start liking the basic shape of this car. It makes its competitors look old fashioned. May be my next car. If I can see out of it. I'll have to test that out when it arrives here. Thanks for the pic. Nice to see the comparison with what appears to be a futuristic looking van behind it.
pretty sure that's a Nissan Elgrand sitting behind his fit, otherwise known as the Nissan Quest here in the states ...on topic though, im kinda mixed feelings on the look of the new fit as well, but like any new design it often takes actually seeing it in person to really make a decision on whether you like or dont like the design

Old 02-23-2014, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
@JapanTragic
Great to find an English speaker with a 3rd gen, if I could ask a few questions that would be great! I'm looking at importing a hybrid, as I'm in NZ and we can do that easily.

1) have you driven the hybrid? There is a video on youtube showing 0-100 in 7.87 sec, if you have, does it feel this fast?
2) Do your fit seats do refresh/comfort mode, where the front seats fold back and join the rears? I'm trying to find out if the hybrid does that also?
3) Can the dashpod displays change to English? (left and right of the speedo) and the satnav also?

Thanks
vtec

Last edited by vtec; 02-23-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by vtec
@JapanTragic
Great to find an English speaker with a 3rd gen, if I could ask a few questions that would be great! I'm looking at importing a hybrid, as I'm in NZ and we can do that easily.

1) have you driven the hybrid? There is a video on youtube showing 0-100 in 7.87 sec, if you have, does it feel this fast?
2) Do your fit seats do refresh/comfort mode, where the front seats fold back and join the rears? I'm trying to find out if the hybrid does that also?
3) Can the dashpod displays change to English? (left and right of the speedo) and the satnav also?

Thanks
vtec
1. there is already a DVD from Hotversion out and they raced a hybrid Vs RS. The RS is a bit faster than the hybrid in a straight line and around corners. I dont think it will do 7.87 seconds to 100 but I havent timed it. For an econo car it has plenty of punch but its not a sports car.

2. interiors are the same apart from fabric color/type so all can do the comfort mode.

3. Japan model is Japanese only, although the RS has tacho only on the left and the fuel/economy/odo are all in english on the right. navi is japanese only.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!
here is that video:
I hope it isn't fake. I'll have to try and find that hotversion video. I looked a bit further into the RS, I thought it was just the 1.5L out of the hybrid, but now I see it is DI, non Atkinson cycle(?), 132ps. so that explains it.
I'm after the fuel economy of the hybrid mostly, hopefully that 0-100 is right too.
Amazing car if it is.
Its a pity about those gauges - do you read Japanese? Or do you think an English speaker could still use the Japanese version of the gauges with a bit of trial and error?

Thanks,
vtec

Old 02-26-2014, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
Hi JapanTragic,

I had an 11 Fit Sport here in the states. I loved the car, but was forced to get rid of it due to back problems. Long story short, even my chiropractor proved to me what so many other Fit owners here know.
- The lumbar is too aggressive, non-adjustable and to high
The pain was excruciating and my spine got out of aligned. He showed me the X-rats and sure enough, the spots where I wasn't getting the right support were the areas with discs out of alignment.
The funny thing is this. I traded it in for an Evo X. Exactly a week after all my back pains were. The GE seats are terrible. Atleast the US ones.

So my question is this. Are the GK Fit seats different in design?

Can you adjust the lumbar?

Is the lumbar aggressive?

And is it supporting your lower or mid back? I'm 6ft as a reference.

Would greatly appreciate a reply. Beautiful car, by the way. Color is awesome!!

Old 02-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
Hi JapanTragic,

I had an 11 Fit Sport here in the states. I loved the car, but was forced to get rid of it due to back problems. Long story short, even my chiropractor proved to me what so many other Fit owners here know.
- The lumbar is too aggressive, non-adjustable and to high
The pain was excruciating and my spine got out of aligned. He showed me the X-rats and sure enough, the spots where I wasn't getting the right support were the areas with discs out of alignment.
The funny thing is this. I traded it in for an Evo X. Exactly a week after all my back pains were. The GE seats are terrible. Atleast the US ones.

So my question is this. Are the GK Fit seats different in design?

Can you adjust the lumbar?

Is the lumbar aggressive?

And is it supporting your lower or mid back? I'm 6ft as a reference.

Would greatly appreciate a reply. Beautiful car, by the way. Color is awesome!!
not the greatest person to ask as my other cars run fixed back bucket seats and are not very comfy, so getting into the fit feels pretty nice after driving my other cars.

the seats feel fine to me, I havent done any marathon drives in it but the seats are not an area of complaint for me.

seats lumbar support feels normal? which I guess is a good thing. ie not zero support but not booting you in the back either.

they do have the standard front/back sliding and rear section tilt as well as the ability to raise or lower the seat height.

*Im 6ft ~80kg but have no back problems.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
not the greatest person to ask as my other cars run fixed back bucket seats and are not very comfy, so getting into the fit feels pretty nice after driving my other cars.

the seats feel fine to me, I havent done any marathon drives in it but the seats are not an area of complaint for me.

seats lumbar support feels normal? which I guess is a good thing. ie not zero support but not booting you in the back either.

they do have the standard front/back sliding and rear section tilt as well as the ability to raise or lower the seat height.

*Im 6ft ~80kg but have no back problems.
Thanks for the reply. With the GE US Spec, after a few days you already knew how uncomfortable it was. Heck, there's a forum member here who posted this after the drive home from the dealer. It's really that bad.

The fact that you haven't experienced discomfort gives me hope that the seat design was improved. It would cool if you could post some pics of your seat at different angles. Either here or own your main thread, where you introduced your car.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
........ so getting into the fit feels pretty nice after driving my other cars............the seats feel fine to me, ...*Im 6ft ~80kg but have no back problems.
I'm 5'5" 60kg. Perfect for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen Fit. Will your color (Orange) be available for NA? Although my order has no color choice (till the dealer gets all the info.) was going to get Storm Silver (as with my current '08). But looking at JT's, it may spice up my life a bit.

Your ride look great! Do keep posting your info and your continuing impressions.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-26-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Is the new RS tranny a dual clutch system?

Old 03-29-2014, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by bunz559
Is the new RS tranny a dual clutch system?
the DCT transmission is for hybrid only. The gasoline cars are 6 speed manual or CVT.

was at honda the other day for customer parts I was picking up and saw a fit hybrid on the hoist and a brand new DCT ready to go in.... couldnt be more than 6 months old

Old 03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
it's kinda difficult to learn another language after age 20. how do you feel now?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by fitvtec
it's kinda difficult to learn another language after age 20. how do you feel now?
Ive been here for over 10 years.

combo of being stupid, not liking study and not caring enough means my japanese is not as good as it should be. But I have no problem holding a conversation or communicating with people and thats enough to keep me from studying more LOL

*my kanji and reading comprehension away from hiragana or katakana is terrible though.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
You are being quite modest, actually.
no problem holding a conversation or communicating with people
Getting language skills to this level is many magnitudes away from being at a survival level, ie. "Where's the toilet" "How much is this" "I'd like the octopus, please". Hats off to anyone who can attain this skill after age 20 or so.

I spent several months in a small European country, and although my accent became pretty good, I doubt I ever got much beyond survival level. And I didn't have to deal with three writing systems. Three and a half, if you count Romaji, the presence of which, on signs, probably hinders the learning of the other three, I'll bet.

Holy information overload, trying to read signs while driving on the wrong side of the road...!

Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
From the many photos, it appears the rear bumper is rather small and will not off much protection. I hope the supply chain has a bunch of rear hatches, for I fear there will be many being damaged. Would think they could have beefed up the bumper a bit, but I am sure there was a reason---rather than cosmetics.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by yuwan63755
From the many photos, it appears the rear bumper is rather small and will not off much protection. I hope the supply chain has a bunch of rear hatches, for I fear there will be many being damaged. Would think they could have beefed up the bumper a bit, but I am sure there was a reason---rather than cosmetics.
in the US space isnt much of a problem, in Japan each inch counts, Its my daily and I havent smashed a daily in 20 years of driving so I side with honda on making the thing as short as possible, Im not using it in a demolition derby so dont need an extra 5cm of bumper.

*as is I can just squeeze between the back of the fit and the front of the silvia when they are parked.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Its not like a longer bumper really offers much more protection anyway.

Just some more foam and sheetmetal. The unibody is still the same, that's what matters.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Check out all the bumper benders here in USA and the number of bumpers scratched/dented. This is very common and my point was that the hatch is very close to tiny bumper and more susceptible to damage from a small bump. Comment was only what I felt and was not meant for anything more. Title of this segment is "Love to hate the new Jazz". I just felt this was a possible problem with the bumper design, nothing more.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by yuwan63755
Check out all the bumper benders here in USA and the number of bumpers scratched/dented. This is very common and my point was that the hatch is very close to tiny bumper and more susceptible to damage from a small bump. Comment was only what I felt and was not meant for anything more. Title of this segment is "Love to hate the new Jazz". I just felt this was a possible problem with the bumper design, nothing more.
input / opinion appreciated! no offense meant

Old 03-31-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of rear bumpers, a young girl with only the DMV temp paper license (hadn't even received her card yet) smashed into the back of my '07 Fit yesterday.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by xorbe
Speaking of rear bumpers, a young girl with only the DMV temp paper license (hadn't even received her card yet) smashed into the back of my '07 Fit yesterday.
how did the tail gate fair?, and is that what that funny extended bumpers are meant for in the US? Im not really sure on the regulations/reasoning for it.

Quick Reply: Love to hate the new Fit/Jazz