3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Love to hate the new Fit/Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 03:20 AM
Love to hate the new Fit/Jazz

thought I would make this thread as people seem to love to pay out on it, so Ill make a list of the things that bug me about the fit so the haters have something legit to hate on and any one thinking about getting one can check these points when they test drive one.

1. injector noise is loud, for me the ticking noise is really annoying.

2. rear view is terrible, the rear view camera standard is for a reason! LOL

3. the front wind screen is very raked and apparently this makes imperfections in the screen easy to see, I dont find it that bad when driving but it bugs my misses pretty bad. please see this shot of the noblesse fit as its a good example of the "wavy" front glass.

4. idle stop (which isnt going to be released in America) is annoying and needs to be turned off every time you start the car *wish there was a permanent off button.

For me really thats about it, Im still happy with the car and it does everything I need it to do.

If you guys have any questions about it Im happy to answer.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
Would you have an idea about how quick & fast it would go in the 1/4 mile, like a drag strip? I'm guessing that with the stick, maybe 16.60 ish at 80 MPH + -

Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by siguy
Would you have an idea about how quick & fast it would go in the 1/4 mile, like a drag strip? I'm guessing that with the stick, maybe 16.60 ish at 80 MPH + -
same weight and about 10~12hp up on the GE8, not sure how much faster that would make it but I wouldnt imagine a whole heap.

HotVersion have already done a DVD featuring the GK5 and put it up against
these cars and beat them all

GP5 (new fit hybrid) GK5 was quite a lot faster, they said mainly due to auto Vs Manual (hybrid as the 7 speed DCT)

suzuki swift sports. Was faster than this aswell but not much but I was impressed by that as the suzuki is 1.6 litre and runs premium. also is 10kg lighter and makes 5 more hp, so on paper the suzuki should have been faster.

ZN6 (toyota 86) beat this also but track was wet and tight, in the dry or on a faster track the ZN6 would be faster.

Im used to pretty fast cars so to me the GK5 is pretty slow but not to the point of being frustrating on the highways. It will get up to about 100mph pretty quickly so has enough overtaking power and ability to cruise at speed for me. But to buy it with any ambition of it being a sports car and I reckon you will be disappointed.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Just outta curiousity, how long have you lived in Japan? I'm guessing you speak pretty good Japanese by now. Never been there, but have seen a lot of videos of road tests (new Fit especially) and some of what I see reminds me of here. A city is a city, I guess. Traffic jams, smog, all that good stuff.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM

I do 16.6 at 84 or 85mph

just the mods in my sig, minus the muffler delete. Muffler delete might make that a 16.5999999 lol

Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info. Just outta curiousity, how long have you lived in Japan? I'm guessing you speak pretty good Japanese by now. Never been there, but have seen a lot of videos of road tests (new Fit especially) and some of what I see reminds me of here. A city is a city, I guess. Traffic jams, smog, all that good stuff.
Ive been in Japan for a bit over 10 years. Fit was bought cause the roads around here are crazy tight and having a full sized car as a daily is frustrating as there are many 2 way roads were 2 full sized cars cant pass each other and you are stuck having to reverse to make room etc.

eg. this is a road I regularly have to use and its 2 way.

https://maps.google.co.jp/?ll=34.515...12,287.47,,0,0

Old 01-16-2014, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not fond of the looks of the new one and I don't think I ever really will be. It's not hideous, just doesn't do anything for me, especially when I see mine right next to one.

For me the thing that the new one has going for it over the GE is the new engine and tranny. I was talking with Umehara-san from J's this past weekend in Yokohama and he mentioned the new engine feels real good up top compared to the L15A (A7 for you guys in NA). I then asked how about swapping in the L15B and tranny into the GE, he just smiled. Would still rather a K, but it for sure would be much easier with the new powerplant. Though they (Honda) still might bring out a hotter version with a turbo and around 170~180ps. Don't hold your breath on that though, you'll pass out.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Japan Tragic: Are those mirrors or sensors in the back window? If so, do they move when at speed? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by palos
Japan Tragic: Are those mirrors or sensors in the back window? If so, do they move when at speed? Thanks in advance.
not sure what they are on the noblesse car, likely just a sticker.

my car is pretty much stock (coil overs and wheels and thats it) and there is nothing on the back windows.

Name:  xVN1GKj.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  991.5 KB

Old 01-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

For me the thing that the new one has going for it over the GE is the new engine and tranny. I was talking with Umehara-san from J's this past weekend in Yokohama and he mentioned the new engine feels real good up top compared to the L15A (A7 for you guys in NA). I then asked how about swapping in the L15B and tranny into the GE, he just smiled. Would still rather a K, but it for sure would be much easier with the new powerplant. Though they (Honda) still might bring out a hotter version with a turbo and around 170~180ps. Don't hold your breath on that though, you'll pass out.
Id think Id have to hunt you down and kill you if you did that, K20 or GTFO with engine swaps, the new engine really isnt that good.

apparently honda already have a 1.5 turbo motor making 200hp, when/if it will ever go into a fit is another story though.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
apparently honda already have a 1.5 turbo motor making 200hp, when/if it will ever go into a fit is another story though.

Damn... that engine is beautiful! I need that in my GE8.

I'm hoping Honda's re-entry in to F1 (in 2015), and with F1 bringing back turbo this year, that some of that will trickle to the cars they sell.
Even if it does, it probably wont come to the states for a while.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
How did this...turn into this? iz not ok

Old 01-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
How did this...turn into this? iz not ok
posted before in another thread, but I dont think concepts come through looking identical much of the time.

that said do these look crazy different? I can atleast see a fair few similarities there...

as for hating on the look, I can understand that as most "fit" people are used to the old shape.

I always thought the GD was a girly looking car and the GE was a horrible sharpened up revision. I hate to ruffle feathers but I like the GK more. But I also like nissans more than Honda, there is no accounting for taste

Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
2. rear view is terrible, the rear view camera standard is for a reason! LOL
I like the looks of this vehicle, and it is on the table for replacement of my present vehicle next year. But I just can't justify buying a car I can't see out of! Looking out the back and not seeing anything shorter than a 12 year old kid, or backing out of a diagonal slot and not seeing anything but the inside of the car, well, those are deal killers for me.

Looking at shots of the GE8 and this, is there really that much difference in sightlines? And why do they always get worse? Sure, if I total a car in an accident because I didn't see something, I guess would benefit the manufacturer - if I rebought the same brand. But I wouldn't...

Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Has the road and engine noise in the cabin been improved? The current gen revs pretty high at 75+ mph and I was hoping the 3rd gen would be quieter for long trips.

Also, how is the seat comfort?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Genjin
Has the road and engine noise in the cabin been improved? The current gen revs pretty high at 75+ mph and I was hoping the 3rd gen would be quieter for long trips.

Also, how is the seat comfort?
not sure on the manual, CVT sits the engine at ~2000rpm when cruising at 100kph (~60mph)

engine off throttle is quiet, on throttle it sounds like a typical econo 4 cyl. I was hoping it would be a little more like its bigger brothers now that its DOHC and making a bit more power but it still sounds very much like the old L15 in the GD/GE cars to me.

I plan to get an airbox from Js racing if/when they release one to make it sound a little more throaty and drown out the direct injector noise which is quite audible with the windows down and a nearby wall for the ticking noise to bounce off.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
japan tragic if that is your red fit above, it is soooooooooooooo sick!!! I will have the hardest time NOT buying the 2015 when it is available here in the US. I don't care what anyone says about the car, to me it' seems better every generation I owned a 2007 and then a 2010, I can't wait to see the US spec fit drop in 8 months especially if they bring the RS like this one!!!!! HondabHonda Movie ChannelbFun To Drive,Honda! FIT RS
i will have a hard decision deciding on a color if they bring the lighter blue here as i like my cars with almost no color (white) i just wish they'd make it more of a buying experience and allow us the consumer to "build" out ideal car.
id get an RS with 6sd no sunroof (too much weight and i nearly never use the roof in the crx) i'd want cloth seats and maybe a couple different interior color options (like the first gen had) i'd sell my first born for a mugen aero kit option (don't worry i don't have any children)
well post more pics of your ride pleeeeeeeeese!

Old 01-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
japan tragic if that is your red fit above, it is soooooooooooooo sick!!! I will have the hardest time NOT buying the 2015 when it is available here in the US. I don't care what anyone says about the car, to me it' seems better every generation I owned a 2007 and then a 2010, I can't wait to see the US spec fit drop in 8 months especially if they bring the RS like this one!!!!! HondabHonda Movie ChannelbFun To Drive,Honda! FIT RS
i will have a hard decision deciding on a color if they bring the lighter blue here as i like my cars with almost no color (white) i just wish they'd make it more of a buying experience and allow us the consumer to "build" out ideal car.
id get an RS with 6sd no sunroof (too much weight and i nearly never use the roof in the crx) i'd want cloth seats and maybe a couple different interior color options (like the first gen had) i'd sell my first born for a mugen aero kit option (don't worry i don't have any children)
well post more pics of your ride pleeeeeeeeese!
chances are they wont do the light blue, that one was an option for hybrid cars only in Japan. then again no hybrid available in the US they might make it an option in the gasoline only line up.

there was different interiors but wasnt really a choice here, the interior was based on what grade model you went for.

my one is an RS in sunset orange. (although an auto which I do regret, was bought as the run around with the misses mainly driving it so I didnt have a choice)

I did a thread about it when I first got it late last year.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...first-fit.html

Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
not sure what they are on the noblesse car, likely just a sticker.

my car is pretty much stock (coil overs and wheels and thats it) and there is nothing on the back windows.

Beautiful car. It hasn't taken long for me to start liking the basic shape of this car. It makes its competitors look old fashioned. May be my next car. If I can see out of it. I'll have to test that out when it arrives here. Thanks for the pic. Nice to see the comparison with what appears to be a futuristic looking van behind it.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
The new Fit has the same case as the new Subaru WRX. It's new but it just doesn't look right.

Yours however looks freaking awesome.

Quick Reply: Love to hate the new Fit/Jazz