3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Are We Still Psyched?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Are We Still Psyched?

I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 15 Fit. My main interests are the increased fuel efficiency, which seems to have been down graded, and the increased overall cargo space, which likewise seems to have been downgraded to maybe some extra rear legroom. I'm now reading that the new Fit actually has less overall cargo space. I'm starting to seriously think I would be better off with a discounted 13 or maybe another car altogether. Anyone else feeling my doubts?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
I too agree that '13 may be the way to go. Honda is playing their games once again and who knows when the '15 will be coming to dealers. Big letdown to me in the way Honda is handling their rollout of this vehicle and I think it may be causing people to go elsewhere, at least me and others I have viewed on this and other websites. Honda, you have created another monster again.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not psyched. I think Honda is just outdoing the competition a bit so consumers will buy their cars. Like top-end Fiesta got 125hp, so the new Fit makes 130hp, things like that. Nothing to get psyched about, come to think of it. Styling looks like a small CRV to me .... "Can't afford a CRV? Get the new Fit! Your neighbor will be green with envy!"

On the plus side, it makes me happy that i bought the outgoing model!

Last edited by hotkey; 04-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
If I already owned a fit, the 2015 wouldn't be one that would make me upgrade. Since I don't own an older model fit, though, it will be worth the wait to get a minor uptick in power, mileage, and a backup camera and bluetooth connectivity standard. All for an additional $100 MSRP. Not bad.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I will give a 2015 a spin for sure. I went from an 09 to a 2012 sport with navi and if I like the 2015 after giving it a spin and more importantly, my dealer gives me top dollar for mine an 0% financing or close to it, I would get the top model maxed out. There's plenty in the new fit I would love to have. But it all depends and if it doesn't work out, I'll be quite content sticking with my 2012.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 PM
2015 Fit is already stateside... i'm sure you'll start seeing them soon in the wild.

Despite some of my naysaying earlier in the year, taking a second look at the actual car and features and improvements that were made, it's a MUCH better car than the GE as far as being a real live car. For the price, it gives a lot of tech and features for it's class IMO. I was concerned the weight would bloat with all the new stuff but it's the same weight as the GE.

I won't be getting one as i'm happy with my GE, but for the majority of the motoring public I think the 2015 Fit is a huge step up from its predecessor.

I am a little wary of the direct injection and the new manufacturing plant, but if both prove themselves well I may just consider a GK to daily if I ever go full tilt BSpec racecar on the GE

Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Being really excited about the sunroof availability, it would have to be a total dud in all other areas for me to feel it's a very big disappointment. And so far, it's not. All will come down to the test drive for me.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
I sold my 2012 Fit yesterday, and got a excellent price. The resale value on the fit is awesome IMHO.

Yes, I'm still excited about the 2015. Many mechanical and cosmetic improvements equal a better vehicle. I'm very impressed that Honda could improve and add so much and not effect the price.

I just need to see the color choices in person to decide which I want.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
I am very Psyched to trade my 2009 Fit for a 2015. There is not everything that I like better about the 2015. I prefer the style and color of my storm silver 2009 sport, I am very happy with the steering and shifting of the 2009 and hope that Honda has not moved backwards on these components, as some reviewers have suggested.

The better fuel economy would be a nice thing, but I am happy with my 35 MPG. The sunroof, might prove to be nice, but I am not trading for a sunroof. The extra leg room in the back might be useful, on the very rare occasion that I have somebody sitting back there. The extra power, is always welcome, especially when it does not negatively impact fuel economy. The push button start and proximity entry are fun, but I don't really need them.

The new features that I am psyched about are the back up and lane change cameras, the well integrated hands free phone system, the better ride, and the slightly quieter cabin. But the biggest reason to be PSYCHED is that I will be getting a NEW car! And to any car nut like me, it is always fun to get a new car. And the Fit is so cheap to purchase, and holds its value so well, I can afford to buy one with no regrets. Owning a Fit is not the answer to a math problem for me. It is the car I want to drive! I also would like to drive a bunch of other cars, and I could afford any of them, but I only have one available space in my garage for a car that has to do all the things I ask my Fit to do for me. And so far, I have not found another car that can do these things as well. So I cannot wait to get my new Fit!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
First rides

I was excited when they announced the new Fit but as time passed I
tempered that to waiting until I can actually drive one.

My 2007 has very low mileage but I would have to invest in new winter tires as the rims are bigger.
Things like that and what would be the advantage to moving up.

Making a list of Plus-Minus for both cars. My 2007 will soon need brakes, muffler, etc.

I love my Fit so I can wait awhile longer.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by willmax11
....waiting until I can actually drive one....My 2007 has very low mileage.........invest in new winter tires............advantage to moving up..............Plus-Minus for both cars. .........soon need brakes, muffler, etc.................love my Fit so I can wait awhile longer.
Having a low mileage GD. Can't have a better position than that. Don't think about winter tires now as your Canadian winter should be over in another month or so.

Make the list, but more importantly, drive the new GK first and make that experience your deciding factor. Some posters on other threads have given their "seal of death". A bit pre-mature as the strange fact remains, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN BEHIND THE WHEEL, much more even seen one yet.
Your strategy is totally sound. Continue loving your Fit. As for impending repairs, its all "wear and tear consumables". Chauk it up to the cost of ownership and daily operation. Way cheaper than taking a cab!!!

My Canadian operatives inform me that they won't be available till August. Makes sense cause your dealers still have 2014 models to unload. Also was informed that CANADA will get a super base DX model (no A/C), upgraded LX (supposedly with perimeter entry/push start button as standard), then the same EX's as in the US. Am moving to Canada just to get your LX version!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-17-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Thumbs up Hella psyched!

I'm still psyched, I know it will be an even better car by the time I get around to needing a new one to replace my '12 Sport.

I'm recommending one to the sister-in-law. She wants to replace her CR-V with something smaller and more fuel efficient.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
When she gets it and you check it out, don't be surprised if the 2012 gets traded in sooner than you think

Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Cool

You make a good point, Shockwave!

I might have to roll GK sooner than my wallet had planned for it.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by The Fitness
I'm still psyched, I know it will be an even better car by the time I get around to needing a new one to replace my '12 Sport.
My first thought was the new model was ugly but it started to grow on me over time. Then I started being attracted to the new options such as the sunroof, leather seats sideview & rear cameras.

But it's not quite enough for me to trade in my '12 Sport yet either. Silly as it seems I like my 2 glove compartments & dashboard layout. It also appears that the hidden document compartment under the magic seat is gone now too . I'm also still partial to the looks of the 2nd gen Fit.

Other concerns I have about the new Fit is the NAVI/Entertainment screen and glare and ease of use. One demo showed it can be a pain to make easy adjustments on it.

That said I'm still exciting about the 2015 debut.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
...........I'm still exciting about the 2015 debut.
It debut'd in the US last year at the Detroit Auto Show. Think what you really mean is "excited about finally seeing and driving it in person".

If that's the case, that make two of us plus a whole bunch more FFs!!

So far, two FF have given their first impressions with an extended drive. Looks like there's more to come. Coming from a GE, you have legitimate concerns and they may all disappear once your behind the wheel!!!

Old 04-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
It debut'd in the US last year at the Detroit Auto Show. Think what you really mean is "excited about finally seeing and driving it in person".
Thanks, you deciphered my meaning I'm excited to start seeing these in person, sitting in one and having the opportunity to test driving one.

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
If that's the case, that make two of us plus a whole bunch more FFs!!

So far, two FF have given their first impressions with an extended drive. Looks like there's more to come. Coming from a GE, you have legitimate concerns and they may all disappear once your behind the wheel!!!
Yea, I've checked out a few reviews and videos and looking forward to more, especially the FF members here who are previous Fit owners who start buying them and telling about their experiences with it.

I think I might need to refrain from reading this forum sub section though if I want to remain car payment free

Old 04-21-2014, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
I'm definitely psyched for the new Fit and in the market to purchase, HOWEVER I am extremely disappointed that so far it seems they are not offering 6spd manual on the EX-L trim. Seriously Honda - it's a EX with leather. I can't be that hard to offer. I would even pay a little extra just to get 6spd over auto on that trim.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ak_honda
I'm definitely psyched for the new Fit and in the market to purchase, HOWEVER I am extremely disappointed that so far it seems they are not offering 6spd manual on the EX-L trim. Seriously Honda - it's a EX with leather. I can't be that hard to offer. I would even pay a little extra just to get 6spd over auto on that trim.
I agree with you. I am disappointed that leather is available, but only with a CVT. Honda's position on this is at least consistent among other models, like the Civic or Accord, where the manual transmission is not available with the EX-L trim. And Honda is a bit better that some other manufacturers who only make their manual transmissions available with their most basic trim levels. In most cases this is done specifically so that can advertise the lowest possible price on a model.

It is interesting that there are 2 distinctly different types of manual transmission buyers. There are those who buy it because it is the least expensive to purchase and typically the most fuel efficient version of a car. And then there are those of us who purchase a manual simply because it is how we prefer to drive a car, but are more than willing to pay for other luxury features. I would also be willing to pay as much for a manual transmission car as is charged for an automatic. BMW, Cadillac and some other manufacturers are taking this approach to manual transmission pricing.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ak_honda
....am extremely disappointed............a EX with leather......can't be that hard to offer.......
AK, don't feel too bad. When you get the EX 6-spd, there is a cheaper solution - CLAZZIO's.
Currently they don't make kits for the GK but are definitely aware that they will be a demand upcoming.
Timing will be perfect for you since a M/T GK, in any of the model line-up, still is not in the horizon. With my LX scheduled to be spec'd out by my dealer in June (delivery in Aug.) you mainland guys should be getting them a month ahead. Much time to plan out the color, pattern, stitching etc....

Not that I'm planning to leather out my LX (I won't cause leather and excessive sun is not a good combination for my butt), but the GF of my son in NY wants to replace her Focus (lease term expiring) with an LX CVT. Made the inquiry to Clazzio and they replied with the above results. They further stated that pricing should not be much different from the current pricing. Therefore, the leather kit with heated option will be around $793 w/ free shipping.

Quick Reply: Are We Still Psyched?