3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Have you ordered/have the GK Fit?
Yes
13.95%
No
86.05%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

How many FitFreakers have/or preordered a GK?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb How many FitFreakers have/or preordered a GK?

Just a poll to see how many FF members have bought the new GK.
Simple yes - no poll.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
No need to be the first to own the fit here. I can wait.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by fibrepunk
............................I can wait.
I'm waiting too.

For this AUGUST!! Thats the projected delivery for my GK LX M/T.
1. Why the first batch? I'm one who never fears 1st models from JDM sourced technology. They usually are the best as most mfg. don't want to roll-out a brand new version with the risk of massive recalls.
2. Current GD is racking up the miles and the timing allows me the best excuse to give the wife so she can release the funds.
3. Am hoping that I can duplicate my historical ownership cost. Having the GD for 6 years. Purchased $15K OTD & pre-sold for $6,750. That translates to $8,250 or $1,375/yr. or $115/mo. That cost is a no-brainer.
There's a fellow FF who was glad he got out of his GE Fit and promptly went into a new Hyundai Accent SE. Let's see what his monthly cost will be after 3 yrs.
4. Wanna be the first in my block to have a new Fit. That is the honest truth!!!!
5. If I felt good with the 34mpg (best I ever got on my GD), anything better on the GK with make me feel "royal".
6. Made in Mexico? Can't wait. Finally can stop driving my GD Fit to the sushi bars. Finally can go to my favorite food - chalupas at the neighborhood Taco Bell!!!

The wait is going to be fun reading and getting learned or entertained by everyone. Keep dem comments coming!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-18-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
All I'm waiting for is the chance to see/ drive one first. Pretty sure I want a MT, but I want to learn more about how the AT performs too. And see what all the options are... pretty sure it'll be a LX with a stick though.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, don't like direct injection, the styling, and the fact that it is made in mexico. In my experience so far, products that comes from mexico is not only of poor quality, but is not safe. The country is corrupt and drug ridden, there is no expectation of law or judicial system. New fit became a no-choice for me.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Can't/won't buy a car until we are out of NYC and in Dunedin, FL - SR24's neighborhood. Then we'll need one toot sweet.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Nah, don't like direct injection, the styling, and the fact that it is made in mexico. In my experience so far, products that comes from mexico is not only of poor quality, but is not safe. The country is corrupt and drug ridden, there is no expectation of law or judicial system. New fit became a no-choice for me.
Styling is subjective and there's really nothing wrong with DI... As far as Mexico being a corrupted and drug-addled country, those of us in the states shouldn't be the first to cast stones, haha.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
Can't/won't buy a car until we are out of NYC and in Dunedin, FL - SR24's neighborhood. Then we'll need one toot sweet.
I like to be the first to welcome you to Dunedin exl500

Hope you are used to high humidity in Florida (Summer Months). I came from California where it is dry, and have lived here in Dunedin since 1986, and it took a good while to get used to the humidity. Course NY has humidity as well, and cold

Thus far still no updates to when the Fit will arrive in Dunedin, but a few nearby dealerships have 2 of them now.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Still loving my 2010 Tidewater Blue Fit. It will be paid off next May. Maybe then I might consider...., not too fond of the new colors, though. Although the Fit in White is nice!

Old 04-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by sooznd
...loving my 2010 Tidewater Blue Fit....
White is nice!
Just like me!!! Still lovin my '08 GD. Agree with you on the colors. Would have wanted Storm Silver to be available. Was looking initially at Ala. Silver but its just not me. White is coming and will post pics by Aug. when its scheduled to arrive.

Was in Telluride back in 2000. Took that tour ride down the side of the mountain. That was one "hellovva" experience. They used a giant tour 4x4 and thought it would fall off the trail. Don't you think our Fits would do a better job??? Its all downhill so it will have the perfect power to do the job!!!

Old 04-19-2014, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
HA- they "whoever they are" say you need to use a 4 x 4 on that road-- the Fit would roll nicely down, but might not ever make it back up!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you SR45! I've spent a few Junes and Julys in Dunedin, so I kind of know what we're in for.

NO MORE SNOW OR 5 DEGREES!

Old 04-20-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm working with the Business Development contact from a local dealership here in KC and have emailed him with the specs, trim-line (looking at getting the EX-L) etc that I'm looking for. He's working on finding out when they'll have it in stock or if it will have to be ordered. Unfortunately, in the land of big pickup trucks and "muddin'", there isn't a ton of interest in the KC market for a sub-compact, fuel efficient car; it may take awhile before the new Fit comes my way.

Side-note: Out of curiosity, why is there such a backlash against the CVT? I currently have it on my 2007 Dodge Caliber and it's about the only thing on that car that I truly love. Not only does it save on fuel, but it saves on braking as well (the car throttles down quite a bit when you take you foot off the gas, reducing the need to hit the brakes as often. Frankly, I'm surprised it took Honda this long to install it.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve35
Side-note: Out of curiosity, why is there such a backlash against the CVT? I currently have it on my 2007 Dodge Caliber and it's about the only thing on that car that I truly love.
Because its a horrible transmission for enthusiasts...the segment of car owners generally represented on forums.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Because its a horrible transmission for enthusiasts...the segment of car owners generally represented on forums.
I like driving just as much as the next guy; however, I'm also practical (hence why I'll be getting a Fit in the first place). Anything that can save on fuel and brake wear/tear is a good thing.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
I like driving just as much as the next guy; however, I'm also practical (hence why I'll be getting a Fit in the first place). Anything that can save on fuel and brake wear/tear is a good thing.
Manuals save on such things as well, and are much, much more fun.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm working with the Business Development contact from a local dealership here in KC and have emailed him with the specs, trim-line (looking at getting the EX-L) etc that I'm looking for. He's working on finding out when they'll have it in stock or if it will have to be ordered. Unfortunately, in the land of big pickup trucks and "muddin'", there isn't a ton of interest in the KC market for a sub-compact, fuel efficient car; it may take awhile before the new Fit comes my way.

Side-note: Out of curiosity, why is there such a backlash against the CVT? I currently have it on my 2007 Dodge Caliber and it's about the only thing on that car that I truly love. Not only does it save on fuel, but it saves on braking as well (the car throttles down quite a bit when you take you foot off the gas, reducing the need to hit the brakes as often. Frankly, I'm surprised it took Honda this long to install it.
There are 3 Modern Steel EX-L fits in the Kansas City area now or arriving soon. The factory has made mostly black and dark grey and silver cars so far and virtually no Blue, white, yellow, or passion berry blue cars yet.

I think the lack of love for CVTs that you see on these forums, is the fact that many of us are car enthusiast. We like driving and we value performance. And a CVT transmission is one of those things that isolates the driver from having direct control over the engine. As car enthusiasts we really do not like that. It makes driving a car feel a little more like riding a bus.

For some, driving is simply a means to get from place to place, for others it is a more interactive experience. And a CVT removes a some of that interaction we love. The engine braking that you described as the thing you like about your Caliber, really is not an innate characteristic of a CVT per say. In fact it is probably something you will feel less of in the new Fit CVT. As it is not a function that is most conducive to achieving the best fuel economy. But it is a function that is always in control of the driver of a manual transmission.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Manuals save on such things as well, and are much, much more fun.
I worked in LA (Before my retirement to Florida), and commuted to the Valley area daily. Freeway driving, and city streets using a 4 speed manual was a pain each day in many, many stop, and go traffic, specially on hills waiting for the light to change, and is not what I call fun. Now much older (68), and my manual days are long gone, and thank God for Automatics for me.

I don't think of driving a car is fun as some others describe it. I use a car for a purpose, and enjoy it for the gas mileage, safety features, reliability, and using it without the hassle of shifting, tiring my legs in heavy traffic, concentrating less on the shifting part, and really enjoying the drive to my destination more with automatics. Guess it has to do with age, so to each their own, but automatics are not a down fall if one purchases them, but tailored to those that like them.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by SR45
....to each their own, but automatics are not a down fall if one purchases them, but tailored to those that like them.

Your statement, retired or not, is truly appropriate. Manual drivers like me, are a dying breed (compared to the majority of A/T drivers in NA). That could be the reason why the product mix (M/T vs. A/T supply) for the incoming Fits, as well as previous ones, are strongly skewed to the auto versions.

Lets face it, nowadays, on the car lot, the A/T is generally a much easier sell than an M/T.

A/T's have come a long way. Some, to a point, that they can duplicate or surpass attributes solely the kingdom of M/Ts in the past.
Its a dying "art" but am trying to lengthen its soul existence, at least when it comes to my family. My 4 sons and wife all drive/can drive stick!!!

Nevertheless, as SR45 puts it: "...to each their own...."

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-20-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
This discussion has taken a turn to automatic vs manual transmission. But the discussion started as why there is so much distain for the CVT. I would point out that a CVT is a type of automatic transmission but there are 2 other types of automatics and for most driving enthusiasts a CVT is the least desirable choice of automatic.

Yes, CVT has become the choice for low powered economy cars because of their simplicity, light weight and potential to improve fuel economy. On the luxury car end of things conventional 7 speeds and even 9 speeds automatic transmissions have become de rigor. In the performance automatic market the dual clutch automanual has become the standard.

The problem is when someone equates the gimmick of paddle shifters controlling artificial fixed gear ratios of a CVT to that of a dual clutch automanual. (Or even the manual control of a conventional automatic transmission) They are not doing the same thing or achieving the same end result as a manual transmission or a dual clutch automanual.

Quick Reply: How many FitFreakers have/or preordered a GK?