3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Have you ordered/have the GK Fit?
Yes
13.95%
No
86.05%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

How many FitFreakers have/or preordered a GK?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR45
I worked in LA (Before my retirement to Florida), and commuted to the Valley area daily. Freeway driving, and city streets using a 4 speed manual was a pain each day in many, many stop, and go traffic, specially on hills waiting for the light to change, and is not what I call fun. Now much older (68), and my manual days are long gone, and thank God for Automatics for me.

I don't think of driving a car is fun as some others describe it. I use a car for a purpose, and enjoy it for the gas mileage, safety features, reliability, and using it without the hassle of shifting, tiring my legs in heavy traffic, concentrating less on the shifting part, and really enjoying the drive to my destination more with automatics. Guess it has to do with age, so to each their own, but automatics are not a down fall if one purchases them, but tailored to those that like them.

Not at an age for retirement here, but I am in LA and at times driving a M/T for 100+ miles a day for work was a pain with all the traffics. I left the M/T back in 2005 and i will not be looking back. So a new CVT Fit for me in the future. For those who enjoy M/T, good for them.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
I worked in LA (Before my retirement to Florida), and commuted to the Valley area daily. Freeway driving, and city streets using a 4 speed manual was a pain each day in many, many stop, and go traffic, specially on hills waiting for the light to change, and is not what I call fun. Now much older (68), and my manual days are long gone, and thank God for Automatics for me.

I don't think of driving a car is fun as some others describe it. I use a car for a purpose, and enjoy it for the gas mileage, safety features, reliability, and using it without the hassle of shifting, tiring my legs in heavy traffic, concentrating less on the shifting part, and really enjoying the drive to my destination more with automatics. Guess it has to do with age, so to each their own, but automatics are not a down fall if one purchases them, but tailored to those that like them.
You're not a car enthusiast, you're one of the majority of Americans who is not a car enthusiast. Thus, you'll never understand.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by fibrepunk
.........For those who enjoy M/T, good for them.
Thank you for gracing your approval for us M/T drivers to continue!!!

Originally Posted by mike410b
You're not a car enthusiast, you're one of the majority of Americans who is not a car enthusiast. Thus, you'll never understand.
Yeooch!!!!!!
Not driving an M/T doesn't mean a person is a non-car enthusiast. The poster indicated he used to drive an M/T. And transporting himself daily, in LA traffic could be task. He surely understands and has moved on to something that suits his current envirionment.

We're digressing!!!

Yes, I did pre-order a Fit. From the polling, seems to be one of the few. That should earn us "guinea pig" status!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-20-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Thank you for gracing your approval for us M/T drivers to continue!!!

Yeooch!!!!!!
Not driving an M/T doesn't mean a person is a non-car enthusiast. The poster indicated he used to drive an M/T. And transporting himself daily, in LA traffic could be task. He surely understands and has moved on to something that suits his current envirionment.

We're digressing!!!

Yes, I did pre-order a Fit. From the polling, seems to be one of the few. That should earn us "guinea pig" status!!!
He mentioned that driving a car is not fun for him. That pretty well qualifies him as a non-car person.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 PM
He mentioned that driving a car is not fun for him. That pretty well qualifies him as a non-car person.
That would would still qualify him as a car enthusiast, but not a driving enthusiast. In essence he can probably enjoy a greater variety of cars than a driving enthusiast would. As I have seen from many posts here, not everyone prioritizes driving dynamics all the time.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
going back on track . . . .

i haven't posted here in forever BUT I am finally in a position to get a Fit (been waiting since they first came state-side) and going to find out when our local dealership will be getting in stock so I can at least see in person.

So far I'm settled on red with m/t (all my vehicles are m/t) and at least EX package. (Most of the time sat navi doesn't work in alaska.)

Old 04-21-2014, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ak_honda
...settled on red...m/t (all my vehicles are m/t) ......EX package..........
Honorable color RED. A true fan of the colors of the "Land of the Rising Sun". IMO, the GK red is the best one they have come out with yet.

M/T? Well, you know we're a vanishing breed. Don't let anyone change your mind. Us stick drivers need to propogate this "art" of enjoying a motorcar.

EX pkg? Your gonna luv those heated seats up North aren't you!!!!

If you decide to get one, return to this forum and post pics!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2014, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
going back on track . . . .

i haven't posted here in forever BUT I am finally in a position to get a Fit (been waiting since they first came state-side) and going to find out when our local dealership will be getting in stock so I can at least see in person.

So far I'm settled on red with m/t (all my vehicles are m/t) and at least EX package. (Most of the time sat navi doesn't work in alaska.)

It may be some time before you get to see a 6MT car and note that you will be able to get a 6MT EX but not an EX-L that only comes with CVT, so no leather or heated seats for the theMT drivers.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
It may be some time before you get to see a 6MT car and note that you will be able to get a 6MT EX but not an EX-L that only comes with CVT, so no leather or heated seats for the theMT drivers.
Where did you see this information from?

Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Honorable color RED. A true fan of the colors of the "Land of the Rising Sun". IMO, the GK red is the best one they have come out with yet.

M/T? Well, you know we're a vanishing breed. Don't let anyone change your mind. Us stick drivers need to propogate this "art" of enjoying a motorcar.

EX pkg? Your gonna luv those heated seats up North aren't you!!!!

If you decide to get one, return to this forum and post pics!!!!!!!!!
I love m/t! all i've ever owned. The only a/t right now is the BMW we have but it's just a temporary car that I'll replace with the Fit.

It's not as cold as folks think in Anchorage (Alaska) compared to parts of the upper mid-west!

Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
Where did you see this information from?
sad day.. did see it in a few places online. oh well i can give up the heated seats for getting at least the sunroof on the EX model. Navi is useless up here usually.

I *think* the dealership said they had brochures when they called me the other day asking if I was interested so might stop by and see if they do and find out for sure.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 AM

What in tarnation is a "Non-Car Person ?

I had a manual, and drove it across country a few times, going to Mammoth Mountains to ski numerous time, to Vegas and many other places, and it was a pleasure for sure with a nice car, but....Just getting into a car and driving it for the sake of driving with no purpose is not what I call fun. Not to mention I got tired after many years with a stick shift.

I cannot say its fun to drive to work each day using the same rout ? If I don't have a reason to drive. Guess it has to do with age again. Give it 30 more years, and you will understand

Non-Car Person ? Goodness, the words you chose was interesting. How old are you ?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Random Thoughts:

– As for enjoying driving, 1950's musicians called a car a "short." They made distances short.

– Red as a color of Japan? Tokyo, eastern capital. Nippon, origin of the sun. Japanese flag, red sun on a white background. Japanese war flag adds red rays of a rising sun…..

– But Japanese people themselves largely prefer white cars…

– Red? Red IS Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati… Italia.

– But I agree. I think the new Fit-o looks best in Red

Old 04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idletickover
Random Thoughts:

– As for enjoying driving, 1950's musicians called a car a "short." They made distances short.

– Red as a color of Japan? Tokyo, eastern capital. Nippon, origin of the sun. Japanese flag, red sun on a white background. Japanese war flag adds red rays of a rising sun…..

– But Japanese people themselves largely prefer white cars…

– Red? Red IS Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati… Italia.

– But I agree. I think the new Fit-o looks best in Red

Our EVO III (from Japan, one of a handful in the country that are street legal) is white. You hardly find them red unless you get them painted that yourself.

I honestly debated between white and red - but red gives it more of an aggressive look IMO plus knowing us I won't be able to resist dropping very slightly and throwing some bronze rims with it. >:-D

I also know many people who are very much car enthusiasts just they cannot drive m/t for the life of them. They are clutch killers so they stick to autos but they love cars.

Last edited by ak_honda; 04-21-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Taking this public with Honda. Last time I tweeted out was for my Accord having ignition issues, and ended up having corporate call my local dealership to re-recall my car and do the ignition switch at no charge for me.

Name:  mJiJBrE.png
Views: 6
Size:  37.6 KB

Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
What in tarnation is a "Non-Car Person ?

I had a manual, and drove it across country a few times, going to Mammoth Mountains to ski numerous time, to Vegas and many other places, and it was a pleasure for sure with a nice car, but....Just getting into a car and driving it for the sake of driving with no purpose is not what I call fun. Not to mention I got tired after many years with a stick shift.

I cannot say its fun to drive to work each day using the same rout ? If I don't have a reason to drive. Guess it has to do with age again. Give it 30 more years, and you will understand

Non-Car Person ? Goodness, the words you chose was interesting. How old are you ?
He needs to experience driving like 100 miles a day going through the same route, same traffic and after say 30 years...... lol

Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just bumping this poll to get a more current count of how many of us have actually ordered a 2015 Fit? I know it is more than 3.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 PM
I bought a Black EX CVT, don't have it yet.

I learned to drive on a M/T but have never owned one. I have a Honda CVT and it's fine. I enjoy driving but care more about the tech, features, and options. I guess you could say I'm more of a nerd than a total car enthusiast.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 PM
I bought or locked in a 15 last monday.