3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2013 Fit vs. 2015 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
[/QUOTE]

You may still change you mind!!!
[/QUOTE]

Good notice, I am aware of my positions and earlier posts. I should have added a qualifier that I recommend THE OP to buy a new fit (direct injection may or may not turn out to be HIS problem).
I am not currently considering purchasing another car but if I HAD TO, I would probably purchase the new generation for the reasons I stated above and the long term-resale value, parts availability, etc.
Respectfully,

Old 04-24-2014, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitbuddha
Thanks for the great replies. Very helpful. Good point about the new model not having a track record (although I know Hondas are really reliable generally), plus the potential deals out there are hard to pass up. I'm comforted by Rottboy's enthusiasm for the Fit in general, and I agree that it seems like a fantastic car from what I've seen.

One thing that is making it difficult for me is that I'd like to get a manual transmission and, at least in my area (Portland, OR), the dealers just don't have them. I've been told that very few 2013 manuals remain and they'd have to track one down, plus that I'd have to sign a contract and have one shipped to the dealer, so test driving is not even an option. One dealer rep said that only one manual 2013 Honda Fit came through their lot all of last year! I've been told it will probably be similar for the 2015 in manual and these won't even arrive til months after the automatics. I've test driven the 2013 Fit with automatic transmission and liked it.

Well, I'm going to go back into the dealer when I get back to Portland next week. Hopefully one of the cash incentives will still be in place then. Thanks again for the replies. This forum is great.
Regarding the availability of the M/T, this is a perennial issue with the Fit, not just the 2013. It took me months to find my Red 2012 Sport. What made it harder was that I wasn't interensted in any shade of white/gray/silver/black.

Dealers don't make much money on the Fit, and even less on the M/T which also has overall less demand (which is a shame, the difference between the A/T and the M/T is like the difference between throwning a bullet versus firing it). THis is why they will make you do all the work of finding one and then paying dearly to have it shipped.

Bottomline: don't settle. If you want the M/T, find and buy the M/T. Furthermore, once the 2015 becomes available, you can bet that some Honda enthusiasts will be trading in their "gently used" GE's. Dealers will be pressed to turn these around for a quick sell; combined with the less popularity of M/T's you can use this to your advantage.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks zensah. I think there are probably a lot of deals on 2013 Fits going on here in Portland as well. The real obstacle I've come across has been my desire for a M/T. I need to really reflect on how important this is to me and balance that with how much I'm willing to pay extra, as it seems will be necessary since the Fits with M/T are so rare apparently.

I like your strategy of getting a wider geographic area of quotes to use for negotiating. I'm going to try this also. Thank you!
Do a search on cars.com and you will find that there are 15 2013 manual transmission Fits in the Portland area. (Honda of Salem has 9 of them) If one of those is not your choice of color and trim, then you have a few more months to wait until the manual transmission 2015s begin arriving.

Last edited by TCroly; 04-24-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
I tried to haggle a '13 Fit M/T Sport today (for a relative), but the dealer wanted top dollar or stealership financing. Their starting offer was well over MSRP. I told my relative to wait for the new model if they are going to pay without any decent discount for a model designed almost a decade ago.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Well, the same was said about americans not being able to make the accord very well, (in which we did, God bless America.) But if Honda can train the mexican workers to build a quality product, then I wouldn't complain at all.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
New Honda Inventory in Peoria | New Honda Insight, Civic, Accord, Crosstour, Fit, Odyssey, CR-V, Pilot or Ridgeline | Serving Bloomington & Galesburg

illiinois isn't near portland, but there are three on the lot here. it's pretty easy and painless for a dealership to find a model with the options you want.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the great replies and helpful thoughts. I wanted to give a quick update on my search for a Honda Fit with M/T. I've been looking at used Fits as well as the new ones. Just discovered a 2010 Honda Fit Sport with M/T and 45,000 miles in excellent condition being offered for $12,600. I'm going to test drive this coming week and probably will buy it if all goes well. While I'd love a brand new 2013 or 2015, they're out of my desired budget range. The one I've found seems like a fair price and I'd be getting the M/T I hoped for! Alright!! I'm meeting with the owner on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
..Just discovered a 2010 Honda Fit Sport with M/T .......for $12,600....test drive this coming week.....fair price.....getting the M/T......Wish me luck!
Looks like you found a winner there!!! My advise - before you even meet the seller on Tuesday, ask him to furnish you a CarFax and if he won't pay for it then ask for the VIN and purchase it yourself. This way, at least you'll have qualified the basic condition of the car (not a salvage, flood, totaled etc......). YOu'll also be able to determine if he is actually the first owner or not.
Hope this helps. Get that Fit and post pics.

M/T plus a much more affordable price level, plus very decent mileage. Man, you've gotta be happy with that!!!!! No more dealer BS to listen too!!!

Old 04-27-2014, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Watch out for signs of it being flooded, in a major (unreported) collision and repair, and a potential abuse or modification. Plenty of used fits out there were raced by teenage drivers who sometimes put the stuck parts back together before selling it, while it spent most of its life on the race track or being some lowrider with inefficient air filtration system (read cold/air intake, knn filters, and other bs).
Inspect the car underneath. Better yet, do a google search on how to inspect a used car before buying.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Rottboy and john21031 for the car buying tips. I'll definitely make sure to get a CarFax report, and I'll do a Google search on used car inspection tips.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
We were told there are extremely few '13 Sport M/Ts left in northern California. All the dealers are trying to push '13 autos on my dad. I told him to wait and order a '15 EX M/T ... he seems to dig the yellow of all things. In for win just to see him live that color down at 65yo lol.

Local used dealer wants $16K+TTL for a 4 year old Fit with with 40K miles, right.